Yesbets

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

avstu

Formula 1 2012

191 posts in this topic

SkyF1Team1.jpg

So the new Formula 1 season is nearly upon us and with Sky Sports opening there brand new channel on March 9th, it promises to be a fantastic season.

Who do you think will win the title this year? Who will be the surprise team/racer?

F1 Chat Here

Yesbets

SkyF1Team1.jpg

So the new Formula 1 season is nearly upon us and with Sky Sports opening there brand new channel on March 9th, it promises to be a fantastic season.

Who do you think will win the title this year? Who will be the surprise team/racer?

F1 Chat Here

I think red bull will not be as dominant as they have been due to a few rule changes and I think people will be surprised by what kimi is going to bring back i think he may recapture some of his world championship form and pull off A few surprise podiums.

Biggest problem I have with this season though is that sky have got their grubby little hands on f1 it's always bad news when they get into it becUse although this season you only have tonhave a HD subscription i'm sure in the future they're going to charge a kings ransom fornthe chanel, also means we'll be back to adverts during the race I'm guessing.

HD or the Sports package so it isnt all bad.

I have a feeling that Niko Rosberg will challenge more this season - I was very impressed with him last season and surely its just a matter of time before one of the three big teams grab him.

I have always been a Lewis and then Button fan so as always I will stand by that. Would love to never see Sebastian Vettels one finger raised in the air!

I have never rated Hamilton as highly as many have, mainly because if he has to fight for a win he usually crashes out or makes fatal mistakes!

I think red bull will not be as dominant as they have been due to a few rule changes and I think people will be surprised by what kimi is going to bring back i think he may recapture some of his world championship form and pull off A few surprise podiums.

Biggest problem I have with this season though is that sky have got their grubby little hands on f1 it's always bad news when they get into it becUse although this season you only have tonhave a HD subscription i'm sure in the future they're going to charge a kings ransom fornthe chanel, also means we'll be back to adverts during the race I'm guessing.

Pretty sure that I read somewhere that the coverage of the race will be uninterrupted by adverts. I'll be routing for Hamilton or Button. For me it's not about the car but more about driver... So I'll look out for the English guys first.

A little off track but I had the opportunity to visit Ferrari world in Abu Dhabi last week and got the chance to ride the fastest roller coaster in the world 0-240km/h in 4.9secs | 0 - 100km/h in 2secs with a max G-Force of 4.8Gs. Pretty scary and probably wouldn't do it again lol. To think that F1 drivers are Pulling these speeds and G Forces lap after lap is amazing, total respect for them.

Mcclaren for me

Lewis world champion as he is the best racer and then Jensen runner up

I have never rated Hamilton as highly as many have, mainly because if he has to fight for a win he usually crashes out or makes fatal mistakes!

This same description has been used for another driver........ Ayrton senna one of the greatest drivers to ever have lived and Hamilton likes to try and drive in his manner.

I do think Hamilton is a bit over rated though he's still a brilliant driver though and when he does his stuff he isn't rivalled by many .

Jenson's my first driver, then Lewis. Also can see Di Resta looking good this year, and Force India in general.

SkyF1Team1.jpg

F1 Chat Here

It is hard to follow F1 like I would like to in the states. My only question is this, though. Why do you guys let ugly people onto the TV. That lady on the right can't be pleasant to look at in HD.

The lady on the right? Geordie Thompson? Whats wrong with her?

georgie-Thompson.jpg

georgie_thompson_screen_caps_HxfrhPx.sized.jpg

GeorgeThompson-and-Declan-Donnelly.jpg

The lady on the right? Geordie Thompson? Whats wrong with her?

georgie-Thompson.jpg

georgie_thompson_screen_caps_HxfrhPx.sized.jpg

GeorgeThompson-and-Declan-Donnelly.jpg

That must just be a bad picture. She has a serious case of man face in the first one.

Yeah that isnt her best picture. Shes very popular over here in the UK. She used to do Sky Sports News and a lot of people were a little upset when she was moved to the new F1 Channel

George Thompson is fiiiiiiiiiiit and just the right height also I like a short lady.

I'm a little gutted. Though as I didn't realise she'd left skysports news but I'll be watching f1hd loads (even though i'm really annoyed they have f1) so tis all good.

I hope shes at the U.S grand prix in Austin......I'll spend more time looking for her than watching the practice/qualifying and race......

I dont think they will shock - as I think a lot of people are expecting big things from them this year..

I think its just a matter of time before one of the big three teams snap up Rosberg though!

dont want to see vettel winning every race easiley

Nor me. Last year the championship was boring.

Watching Button with his amazing comeback from 24th to win the race and Hamilton v Massa was much more entertaining.

Another season of a over rated Hamilton getting pludits for winning from pole!

He is too irratic for my liking and lacks the self control and concentration to be a truly great driver! Button is by far the superior driver of the 2

Another season of a over rated Hamilton getting pludits for winning from pole!

He is too irratic for my liking and lacks the self control and concentration to be a truly great driver! Button is by far the superior driver of the 2

Button is by far the better driver in the way that if you put them both in cars with no computer trickery button would probably lap Hamilton but that reckless side in Hamilton is the sign of a great driver IF they win more often than not, Hamilton has proven that he can do this but has had 2 stinking seasons, 1 because of the car, the other was his own fault for trying to be the super star and not concentrating on being a driver and his mrs giving him the elbow for a welshman probably didn't help either.

Sterling miss and ayrten senna were 2 drivers who were described as reckless and compared to how old senna was when he came into f1 Hamilton is still a child.

Don't get me wrong though if I had a choice in who to be fighting to the top spot it would be button all day every day as Hamilton does seem like a bit of an obnoxious t**t and button seems like a really nice down to earth bloke and he's worked a lot harder for it than hamilton.

Also one I would like to see get a world championship is webber because he deserves it with all the hard work he's put in with red bull, if he doesn't win a world championship before he retires he'll go down alongside moss as one of the best drivers never to win the championship.

Button is by far the better driver in the way that if you put them both in cars with no computer trickery button would probably lap Hamilton but that reckless side in Hamilton is the sign of a great driver IF they win more often than not, Hamilton has proven that he can do this but has had 2 stinking seasons, 1 because of the car, the other was his own fault for trying to be the super star and not concentrating on being a driver and his mrs giving him the elbow for a welshman probably didn't help either.

Sterling miss and ayrten senna were 2 drivers who were described as reckless and compared to how old senna was when he came into f1 Hamilton is still a child.

Don't get me wrong though if I had a choice in who to be fighting to the top spot it would be button all day every day as Hamilton does seem like a bit of an obnoxious t**t and button seems like a really nice down to earth bloke and he's worked a lot harder for it than hamilton.

Also one I would like to see get a world championship is webber because he deserves it with all the hard work he's put in with red bull, if he doesn't win a world championship before he retires he'll go down alongside moss as one of the best drivers never to win the championship.

But the great "reckless and aggressive" drivers managed to deal with so much more over taking in their respective days and still came through to win, even modern day legends like Schumy had this side to his driving and he also managed to fight through the pack to victory!

hamilton is great when you give him a clear road and fast car, and will win these races 8/10! but make him have to make up 8 spots on the grid against quality drivers and he is a danger to himself and others, how many times over the last 2 seasons has he took himself and another driver out because of poor judgement calls on his side?? If he can learn from this then he will become a great driver but his arrogance will get the better of him i fear!

But the great "reckless and aggressive" drivers managed to deal with so much more over taking in their respective days and still came through to win, even modern day legends like Schumy had this side to his driving and he also managed to fight through the pack to victory!

hamilton is great when you give him a clear road and fast car, and will win these races 8/10! but make him have to make up 8 spots on the grid against quality drivers and he is a danger to himself and others, how many times over the last 2 seasons has he took himself and another driver out because of poor judgement calls on his side?? If he can learn from this then he will become a great driver but his arrogance will get the better of him i fear!

Have to disagree with you there, yeah he does make poor judgements but all drivers like him do make mistakes sometimes and yeah the last 2 seasons he has made mistakes more often than not but that's partly down IMO to not having the car under him.

If you look back to some of his races in his first 2 seasons he did some brilliant overtaking and in gp2 he was renound for his overtaking, once he span out and was back in something like 20th and fought all the way through the grid to win the race in like half a race.

And as for the shoe maker I dunno how you can say that he wasn't like that?? He's the reason I fell out of love with f1 because he used to get like and then win the race about an hour Infront of everyone.

Not saying he couldn't overtake if needs be just saying he rarely needed to. Also he's fairly reckless too, just ask barachello about him lol

Have to disagree with you there, yeah he does make poor judgements but all drivers like him do make mistakes sometimes and yeah the last 2 seasons he has made mistakes more often than not but that's partly down IMO to not having the car under him.

If you look back to some of his races in his first 2 seasons he did some brilliant overtaking and in gp2 he was renound for his overtaking, once he span out and was back in something like 20th and fought all the way through the grid to win the race in like half a race.

And as for the shoe maker I dunno how you can say that he wasn't like that?? He's the reason I fell out of love with f1 because he used to get like and then win the race about an hour Infront of everyone.

Not saying he couldn't overtake if needs be just saying he rarely needed to. Also he's fairly reckless too, just ask barachello about him lol

Well we find ourselves on polar opposites once again mate!! lol wont be the first time and wont be the last i guess!

Michael Schumacer is one of the greatest F1 drivers of all time, his controlled and uncontrolled aggression was unrivaled during his day and when it rained he just got better and better, he could drive on the ragged edge all race without even looking close to losing! Drivers feared seeing that Red Ferrari looming in their rear view mirrors his talents do not end there as his precise and unnatural ability to be able to translate what the car is saying to him and then work with the team to get the best out of it is well known,ask any Member of his pit crews over the years and they will say the same!

Comparing Hamilton to him is like comparing Ashley Young to Lionel Messi!! and only a fool would do that!! lol

Well we find ourselves on polar opposites once again mate!! lol wont be the first time and wont be the last i guess!

Michael Schumacer is one of the greatest F1 drivers of all time, his controlled and uncontrolled aggression was unrivaled during his day and when it rained he just got better and better, he could drive on the ragged edge all race without even looking close to losing! Drivers feared seeing that Red Ferrari looming in their rear view mirrors his talents do not end there as his precise and unnatural ability to be able to translate what the car is saying to him and then work with the team to get the best out of it is well known,ask any Member of his pit crews over the years and they will say the same!

Comparing Hamilton to him is like comparing Ashley Young to Lionel Messi!! and only a fool would do that!! lol

I can't disagree that he was the master in the rain and that people would e affraid if he was in their rear view, thing is he was hardly ever in anyone's mirror it's was more often than not pole then 64 boring laps with the only overtake he'd make would be of the back runners. Yeah he could drive in the ragged edge but So does Hamilton that's how he dominates when he get out front but he is just a bit more reckless and again he's still a lad.

Shoe maker is also an arogant scumbag cheat who robbed a BRITISH driver of a world championship and that in inexcusable, I can understand your respect for the man and his driving credentials because he is undeniably amongsts the best drivers ever but not the best. But to support a man that ran a fellow driver and a British one at that well loyal I can only tut lol.

If senna hadnt have had that accident i don't think Schumacher would be at the top or the championship list.