Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

avstu

Formula 1 2012

avstu    216

SkyF1Team1.jpg

So the new Formula 1 season is nearly upon us and with Sky Sports opening there brand new channel on March 9th, it promises to be a fantastic season.

Who do you think will win the title this year? Who will be the surprise team/racer?

F1 Chat Here

Skyba    246

SkyF1Team1.jpg

So the new Formula 1 season is nearly upon us and with Sky Sports opening there brand new channel on March 9th, it promises to be a fantastic season.

Who do you think will win the title this year? Who will be the surprise team/racer?

F1 Chat Here

I think red bull will not be as dominant as they have been due to a few rule changes and I think people will be surprised by what kimi is going to bring back i think he may recapture some of his world championship form and pull off A few surprise podiums.

Biggest problem I have with this season though is that sky have got their grubby little hands on f1 it's always bad news when they get into it becUse although this season you only have tonhave a HD subscription i'm sure in the future they're going to charge a kings ransom fornthe chanel, also means we'll be back to adverts during the race I'm guessing.

avstu    216

HD or the Sports package so it isnt all bad.

I have a feeling that Niko Rosberg will challenge more this season - I was very impressed with him last season and surely its just a matter of time before one of the three big teams grab him.

I have always been a Lewis and then Button fan so as always I will stand by that. Would love to never see Sebastian Vettels one finger raised in the air!

Loyalvillan    584

I have never rated Hamilton as highly as many have, mainly because if he has to fight for a win he usually crashes out or makes fatal mistakes!

Fedup1    43

I think red bull will not be as dominant as they have been due to a few rule changes and I think people will be surprised by what kimi is going to bring back i think he may recapture some of his world championship form and pull off A few surprise podiums.

Biggest problem I have with this season though is that sky have got their grubby little hands on f1 it's always bad news when they get into it becUse although this season you only have tonhave a HD subscription i'm sure in the future they're going to charge a kings ransom fornthe chanel, also means we'll be back to adverts during the race I'm guessing.

Pretty sure that I read somewhere that the coverage of the race will be uninterrupted by adverts. I'll be routing for Hamilton or Button. For me it's not about the car but more about driver... So I'll look out for the English guys first.

A little off track but I had the opportunity to visit Ferrari world in Abu Dhabi last week and got the chance to ride the fastest roller coaster in the world 0-240km/h in 4.9secs | 0 - 100km/h in 2secs with a max G-Force of 4.8Gs. Pretty scary and probably wouldn't do it again lol. To think that F1 drivers are Pulling these speeds and G Forces lap after lap is amazing, total respect for them.

B6!    630

Mcclaren for me

Lewis world champion as he is the best racer and then Jensen runner up

Skyba    246

I have never rated Hamilton as highly as many have, mainly because if he has to fight for a win he usually crashes out or makes fatal mistakes!

This same description has been used for another driver........ Ayrton senna one of the greatest drivers to ever have lived and Hamilton likes to try and drive in his manner.

I do think Hamilton is a bit over rated though he's still a brilliant driver though and when he does his stuff he isn't rivalled by many .

Karl    143

Jenson's my first driver, then Lewis. Also can see Di Resta looking good this year, and Force India in general.

Raymond    38

SkyF1Team1.jpg

F1 Chat Here

It is hard to follow F1 like I would like to in the states. My only question is this, though. Why do you guys let ugly people onto the TV. That lady on the right can't be pleasant to look at in HD.

avstu    216

The lady on the right? Geordie Thompson? Whats wrong with her?

georgie-Thompson.jpg

georgie_thompson_screen_caps_HxfrhPx.sized.jpg

GeorgeThompson-and-Declan-Donnelly.jpg

Raymond    38

The lady on the right? Geordie Thompson? Whats wrong with her?

georgie-Thompson.jpg

georgie_thompson_screen_caps_HxfrhPx.sized.jpg

GeorgeThompson-and-Declan-Donnelly.jpg

That must just be a bad picture. She has a serious case of man face in the first one.

avstu    216

Yeah that isnt her best picture. Shes very popular over here in the UK. She used to do Sky Sports News and a lot of people were a little upset when she was moved to the new F1 Channel

Skyba    246

George Thompson is fiiiiiiiiiiit and just the right height also I like a short lady.

I'm a little gutted. Though as I didn't realise she'd left skysports news but I'll be watching f1hd loads (even though i'm really annoyed they have f1) so tis all good.

LaVillain    65

I hope shes at the U.S grand prix in Austin......I'll spend more time looking for her than watching the practice/qualifying and race......

avstu    216

I dont think they will shock - as I think a lot of people are expecting big things from them this year..

I think its just a matter of time before one of the big three teams snap up Rosberg though!

avstu    216

Nor me. Last year the championship was boring.

Watching Button with his amazing comeback from 24th to win the race and Hamilton v Massa was much more entertaining.

Loyalvillan    584

Another season of a over rated Hamilton getting pludits for winning from pole!

He is too irratic for my liking and lacks the self control and concentration to be a truly great driver! Button is by far the superior driver of the 2