FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

[Official] Stephen Ireland Joins Stoke

Peever

Doesn't that apply to Gabby, Albrighton, Bannon etc surely their wage demands come into the equation???? I would get rid of those 3 and keep Ireland. If Gabby is so Villa, then surely he will take a pay cut from 60k a week and play for his beloved club for 15k a week. Let's see where his loyalties lie....AVFC or Barclays bank (or wherever his paycheck goes)

That would be a stupidly drastic pay cut. Gabby is on par with Ireland when on form definitely not quater the player do why should he take quater the pay.

Also people saying Ireland will do better when he's not running back and has no support, why does this not apply to gabby then? Gabby has proven that he plays brilliantly in a decent squad, so much so he breaks into the England squad.

IMO I'd keep Ireland, gabby, bannan, Albrighton herd etc and build on the squad, the only player I'd consider selling would be bent if the price was right because there are far better strikers out there for the money like Defoe. For the money we'd get for the other players above you're not going to get better.

controversial.png

When I was just a little boy i asked my mother what shall i beee.

Shall i be villa shall i be blues, Here's what she said to me......

YOU KNOW THE REST

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've heard gossip that Celtic are after him, I would agree with Lambert if he lets him go he was okay last season but not great, personally I've never been the biggest fan of Ireland, he comes across to me as somebody who doesn't play for the shirt purely the cheque book.

Whose coming in then, simple Hoolahan!

I HATE COV,

FROM RAISING OUR HOPES.... TO DESTROYING OUR CLUB = RANDY LERNER

Well Petrov is retired, so of PL is going to give Villa a fresh start, then he needs to sell Ireland and Gabby too so that people on this board can get rid of their bias.

Would be more beneficial to sell Gabby as they are on the same wages and Ireland offers us more and has proved he can playe at a high level. He will relish playing under PL as he wont be running back and can rely on running towards goal. He was our player of the year and he still hasnt got into top gear, with 2 good cm's behind him he can cause real danger to defences

That would be a stupidly drastic pay cut. Gabby is on par with Ireland when on form definitely not quater the player do why should he take quater the pay.

Also people saying Ireland will do better when he's not running back and has no support, why does this not apply to gabby then? Gabby has proven that he plays brilliantly in a decent squad, so much so he breaks into the England squad.

IMO I'd keep Ireland, gabby, bannan, Albrighton herd etc and build on the squad, the only player I'd consider selling would be bent if the price was right because there are far better strikers out there for the money like Defoe. For the money we'd get for the other players above you're not going to get better.

Really funny.

It seems obvious that the lad has never been happy here, and there does not seem to be a month when we dont hear of some rumour about him wanting pastures new. Frankly, im cheesed off of reading it, and think its time to let him go and sulk elsewhere.

Besides, Barry Bannon and Gary Gardner have the potential to be a lot better in the advanced position he likes to play. We keep hearing abut how good they are, lets just give them a run in their favoured positions and see.

Birmingham, property of Aston Villa Football Club.

lol, come back off holiday and still see people on about the Gabby debate; give it a rest it's boring and the guy isnt that special to be talked about rather talk about super Mellberg what a player nearly done England !

990x360_exact-contentpage_990x36010.jpg

King_Crutchlow.png

im not so sure Bannan will make it, its been a few years now since he broke into the senior set up and has never looked like holding down a regular spot, even with our weakened midfield, not saying its over for him, but my expectations for him have shrunk in the last 12 months.

Ireland may leave, but i hope he stays tbh, for the money we will make on him i very much doubt we can bring in anyone with a similar ability level for the same sort of value, if we can get the best out of him theres few better in that creative role, he was one of the better players last season, i know thats not saying much after the season we had, i just wouldnt like us to let him leave and have to scrape the barrel in terms of funding to find a replacement

PREDICTIONLEAGUE.gif

XBOX Gamertag : VillAlMiGhtY

Archived