Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lukedaw

Newcastle 2 Aston Villa 1

189 posts in this topic

So if Gabby is fit who will he come in for?

Warnock.....Hutton.... :what:

Pathetic suggestions....Given?

Mcleish?

In all seriousness though if our first half is anything like the one against QPR Newcastle could be out of sight by half time...

Mcleish?

In all seriousness though if our first half is anything like the one against QPR Newcastle could be out of sight by half time...

But if it is anything like the second half then Villa can do well.

Can't see anything other than a defeat,3-0 to Newcastle.

But if it is anything like the second half then Villa can do well.

True, but I like to think Newcastle have alot more quality to get at out backline than QPR did.....

Just depends what Villa turn up..

The solid counter attacking side we sore in the first half at Arsenal?

The very entertaining attacking side we sore in the second half yesterday?

Or the awful non stop mistaking poor defending side we have seen most of the season?

As I say game after game - We cut out our silly mistakes by playing SIMPLE BASIC football and play our own game and not the oppositions, then we have everychance of winning.

2-1 Villa Bent to net again.

Can hopefully see N'Zogbia turning it on now as it must be a relief for him to get that goal finally and Bent is in form

Mcleish?

As stu stated.....(I'll go with his third option).........It will be all over after 70 minutes ,hopefully I'm wrong....but can't see it.............2-0 Newcastlle

2-1 to newcastle this one I think. If we go behind early we could get a draw as we'll be forced to attack but if it's a second half game or we go 1 up we'll lose.

2-1 Villa Bent to net again.

Can hopefully see N'Zogbia turning it on now as it must be a relief for him to get that goal finally and Bent is in form

Yep, i agree. Bent is looking better, hopefully he can turn it on as they are gonna be giving him some stick. Get zog on the break. Be nice to see gabby back on the left though, Break with some pace.

2 reasons to be optimistic is that they are missing Tiote and Ba are they not?

Still a tough one but away form has not been too bad ( tempting fate ).

We need to get on an little 6 or 7 game unbeaten run now just to ease us away from the trap door, having said that with City after this one, might be wishful thinking!

The trouble with us is that i find myself praying the bottom 4 teams lose every week and that isnt going to be the case every week in reality.

We really need to do ourselves a favour, play with hunger for entire matches, believe in ourselves abit more and kick on.

Sunderland, for example, are showing abit of that at the moment and look where its taking them, with an arguably weaker squad aswell.

2 reasons to be optimistic is that they are missing Tiote and Ba are they not?

Still a tough one but away form has not been too bad ( tempting fate ).

We need to get on an little 6 or 7 game unbeaten run now just to ease us away from the trap door, having said that with City after this one, might be wishful thinking!

The trouble with us is that i find myself praying the bottom 4 teams lose every week and that isnt going to be the case every week in reality.

We really need to do ourselves a favour, play with hunger for entire matches, believe in ourselves abit more and kick on.

Sunderland, for example, are showing abit of that at the moment and look where its taking them, with an arguably weaker squad aswell.

I think Ba will be back for this one but i think Tiote is still missing.

Alex McLeish not ruling Gabby Agbonlahor out for Newcastle. James Collins [calf] and Marc Albrighton [thigh] both out through injury.

I know its a big ask ,if we can go the whole match without anyone in the back four not dropping a clanger , ie an own goal or giving a penalty away. We could win.

Will this match go ahead? heard that it will snow on Saturday in Newcastle.

Depends, can't see why not as they have underground heating and so on? For me we need to attack but if we go ahead attack some more not sit back. Play like we did vs QPR in the second half for as much of the game as possible and we could win this. If the usual us turns up though I see it being another long day.

Depends, can't see why not as they have underground heating and so on? For me we need to attack but if we go ahead attack some more not sit back. Play like we did vs QPR in the second half for as much of the game as possible and we could win this. If the usual us turns up though I see it being another long day.

To be fair it is to do with the paths and roads near the ground that why they would call it off. Agree with you we need to attack, 2-1 Villa my prediction got to be positive!

Yeah good point never really thought of the fans travelling lol. Deffinitely, if we go back to sitting back I'll be peeved, there were many positives from wednesdays game.

Yeah good point never really thought of the fans travelling lol. Deffinitely, if we go back to sitting back I'll be peeved, there were many positives from wednesdays game.

I am more confident away from home. I am sure by the end of the season that we would of won more games away than home but i hope we can improve our home form.

Just wish we could show some consisitency. Q.P.R we were awful one half and great the next but it has been more erratic then that. Their have been times within a half where we have been brilliant for 5 minutes followed by a calamitous 10 minutes.

Hard to see our defence keeping out a Newcastle team who score a lot of goals but we are much better away from VP so if the right Villa show up for 90 minutes we could grab all 3 points.

Bent is right on form and Keane has brought a lot of confidence to are play so hopefully we can score more , I just can't see us not conceeding.