Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lukedaw

Wolves 2 Aston Villa 3

184 posts in this topic

I would love to see a Gardner-Clark-Ireland midfield at some point. Maybe with Albrighton and Charlie on the wings and Bent up front. Would be interesting.

I agree that would be good option and nice to see the youngsters add to the better qaulity of the players we have

I would love to see a Gardner-Clark-Ireland midfield at some point. Maybe with Albrighton and Charlie on the wings and Bent up front. Would be interesting.

Gabby???

Good result but from what i saw another average performance. can't believe Keane scored, i still think he's completely overrated but at least he's not another jenas. Will someone tell bent that you're allowed shoot from outside the area, all he ever seems to want to do is get into the box to get a tap in. he had a couple of oppertunities to take shots similar to Keanes near miss and he never tried, always laid the ball of and tried to get into the box.

Gabby???

Gabby was one of the problems on the left side today. I know he has been great going forward, but he is a defensive liability.

I can see why Warnock has had a rough season with Gabby and Charlie playing in front of him all year.

When Keane goes I'd have Gabby upfront with Bent then and Charlie with Marc on the wings. Ireland and Petrov in the middle.

Gabby was one of the problems on the left side today. I know he has been great going forward, but he is a defensive liability.

I can see why Warnock has had a rough season with Gabby and Charlie playing in front of him all year.

Naaa mate you cant fault Gabbys defensive work rate, N'Zogbia yes but never Gabby. He will run back and help out all day long which in theory is not good as he should be running at defenders not doing the chasing back but whilst Petrov plays in this team we will always be chasing back most of the time

This is why I couldn't understand why people were against Keane coming. We had nothing to lose and he offers us something different, which he proved today.

First half performance wasn't the best but we dug in and got a massive win today. Lets hope we build on this.

After the first half I fell asleep so missed the goals. Seems I did not miss much really

Bad for heart supporting Villa but the 3 points is the main thing!

But we all manage to still do it :lol: 3 points is 3 points and its sad thats all that matters at the moment it seems....

After the first half I fell asleep so missed the goals. Seems I did not miss much really

WTF!!! this was a great midland derby, had everything and we came away with the points, the football is never great in midland derbies but this was one of the better ones. Better than when we playe at viila park and thats a FACT.

WTF!!! this was a great midland derby, had everything and we came away with the points, the football is never great in midland derbies but this was one of the better ones. Better than when we playe at viila park and thats a FACT.

You are right to fair, was a great game, had me sad, angry, happy, Lets hope we can build on this game!

No need to get all worked up....I was basing the comment off what I read on the forums.... First half which I saw was sh*t though.....devoid of ideas and a lack of anything from the Villa. Was some decent passing and ball movenemnt at times but eventually it turned back into HOOF to Bent, who would then head it towards goal but of course no one was there....

Just seen keanes second goal again and what a strike it was maybe villa players should have a pop more often from a distance than trying to run it in all the time

Keanes goal just seems to get better n better lol

Bent could learn a lot from Keane and the way that he plays. Also proves that you don't necessarily have to be in the 6 yard box to score. Two really good strikes from Keane today, they're the sort of finishes we've been missing for some time now.

Bent could learn a lot from Keane and the way that he plays. Also proves that you don't necessarily have to be in the 6 yard box to score. Two really good strikes from Keane today, they're the sort of finishes we've been missing for some time now.

The trouble is Bent does have to be in the 6 yard box,good player still.

HUGE win as teams below won as well, well chuffed, but still worried result will paper over the cracks.

Collins today had his good game for the month, Dunne backed him up.

Clark today showed he is no leftback, better in midfield, but fairplay to Warnock who sniffed out Kightly

Keane, well bloody hell, no one in out team could do that, hope he doesn't dry up after this effort, we need to get as many points as possible with him in our team...and if Ireland can come back, we might see something special....

HUGE win as teams below won as well, well chuffed, but still worried result will paper over the cracks.

Collins today had his good game for the month, Dunne backed him up.

Clark today showed he is no leftback, better in midfield, but fairplay to Warnock who sniffed out Kightly

Keane, well bloody hell, no one in out team could do that, hope he doesn't dry up after this effort, we need to get as many points as possible with him in our team...and if Ireland can come back, we might see something special....

thought that too man---nice to see someone in a Villa shirt have a pop from outside the box and get it on target--apart from Stan i cant recall anyone else this season---be great if the Boyz can reproduce something like this this kind of form at Villa Park,

as you say hope Keano dont dry up--i dont think he will,coz we need to maximise our goals and points tally while the lad is with us!!

Bloody hell makes a change

Well United, Arsenal, City and SPuds did not play today. Liverpool lost and Chelsea drew.....no surprise we were first :lol:

thought that too man---nice to see someone in a Villa shirt have a pop from outside the box and get it on target--apart from Stan i cant recall anyone else this season---be great if the Boyz can reproduce something like this this kind of form at Villa Park,

as you say hope Keano dont dry up--i dont think he will,coz we need to maximise our goals and points tally while the lad is with us!!

Gabby against Blackburn was a great goal from outside the box! and Clark in the fa cup!