Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lukedaw

Aston Villa 1 Everton 1

Think this will be a tight game, i would drop bent

Guzan

Cuellar, Dunne, Collins, Warnock

Petrov, Clark

Albrighton, Ireland, Nzogbia

Agbonlahor

Everton is always a tough match, home or away. I agree in dropping Bent, especially after today's showing........or no-showing in his case. We play much more as a team when he is out. Put him on the bench. Use him as a sub since he doesnt show the work rate to be effective for 90 min.

Everton at the moment are a mirror for Villa and vis versa! both struggling with finances, both underacheiving and hovering more or less around each other in the table so far, if we are going to finish mid table then they are a major rival to that end and we need to win! lets hope is a nice calm evening as far as the weather is concened eh?

Think this will be a tight game, i would drop bent

Guzan

Cuellar, Dunne, Collins, Warnock

Petrov, Clark

Albrighton, Ireland, Nzogbia

Agbonlahor

Good squad choice IMO

Would defo play Bent

Why? He is not doing well, gabby better upfront and nzogbia been playing better the last few weeks.

Why? He is not doing well, gabby better upfront and nzogbia been playing better the last few weeks.

Don't agree with this gabby upfront business on his own, we proved that doesn't work against Chelsea, he's better on the wing or upfront as a 2!

we should be playing Gabby and Bent up front as a 2, (especially at home)give them time and a good run of games together so they can learn each others style and positioning more and i am sure they could make a deadly parnerships in the prem. When was the last time we had a good front 2? Deano & Dalian?

Don't agree with this gabby upfront business on his own, we proved that doesn't work against Chelsea, he's better on the wing or upfront as a 2!

I agree with Gabby playing a loan striker role might not be the best choice, but I do agree that Bent should be dropped after his last performance. Maybe we should keep the suggested team by #lukedaw above but play Stephen Ireland just behind Gabby in a holding strikers role. That would give Gabby the support he needs, and then bring Bent on as a sub if all fails.