Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lukedaw

Bristol Rovers 1 Aston Villa 3

309 posts in this topic

whatever happens we must win, dread to think what this forum would be like if we did not win this match!

It is getting to the point on here that I am not hoping for a win because I want the team to win, but because I do not want to hear the over the top, knee jerk reactions on this board.

That being said, if we don't win here, AM has to go, because he has clearly lost the team at that point.

It is getting to the point on here that I am not hoping for a win because I want the team to win, but because I do not want to hear the over the top, knee jerk reactions on this board.

That being said, if we don't win here, AM has to go, because he has clearly lost the team at that point.

Even if we spanked rover 10-0 I dont expect much to talk about...its a league 2 team we should roll them over....in theory

Even if we spanked rover 10-0 I dont expect much to talk about...its a league 2 team we should roll them over....in theory

Said that about Hereford. We hardly rolled them.

Well the way Rovers have been playing of recent i expected to stoll this tie but after the swansea game im not so sure :(

in reality this should be a game where most of our senior players are rested, but saying that i dont think they should be, we do not have other cup or european commitments and maybe this could be a chance for the players to get some confidance back after yesterdays mess. If we play our first team and regarless of errors, own goals or what ever and get beat mcLeish MUST be sacked.

Same 11 that played the other day except drop Petrov for Delph and give him a box-box role

can't work out if your been serious or taking the p*ss here ray, you're sick of knee jerk reactions and in the next sentence AM must go. either way very funny. :roll:

We should beat them but you never know, the one thing i'm fairly sure of though is if we lose AMs position gets even harder and our league form could really suffer.

We must go with a full strength side against these and it should be a easy win but then again we love making it hard for ourselves

Rovers manager has been sacked !

Is he up for the villa job?

Is he up for the villa job?

Well couldn't do much worse than AM !

Same 11 that played the other day except drop Petrov for Delph and give him a box-box role

Makes no sense to me, Petrov's been one of our better players in Recent weeks!

Makes no sense to me, Petrov's been one of our better players in Recent weeks!

agreed petrov's been one of our best this season, where as delphs passing at times is so poor i doubt he could pass on syphillis.

Petrov has been the best player this season, but we should be able to roll these while giving him a rest.....

gary gardner?

Petrov has been the best player this season, but we should be able to roll these while giving him a rest.....

gary gardner?

agreed, petrov was a major doubt for swansea so give him a weekend off.

Petrov was very poor against Swansea and truthfully he has a good game now and again but there is a reason why we cant pass the ball around like Swansea do and its because Petrov cant do that. He needs replacing in the team as soon as possible. You all love Petrov because he seems like Mr Aston Villa atm but when we actually sign a decent CM you will see how poor a player he actually is. A good game now and again hasnt made him brilliiant.

Against Bristol we should blood a few kids, not too many just a few maybe Gardner should take Petrovs place

Petrov was very poor against Swansea and truthfully he has a good game now and again but there is a reason why we cant pass the ball around like Swansea do and its because Petrov cant do that. He needs replacing in the team as soon as possible. You all love Petrov because he seems like Mr Aston Villa atm but when we actually sign a decent CM you will see how poor a player he actually is. A good game now and again hasnt made him brilliiant.

Against Bristol we should blood a few kids, not too many just a few maybe Gardner should take Petrovs place

to a certain extent i agree but credit where it's due, stan has stepped up this season.

I have never been a big fan of Petrov's but your assesment of him is very harsh, he has this season and for some of last been the only person who is willing to put his foot on the ball to look for a pass and he always tries to make himself available to recieve the ball when most players have been treating it like a hot potato.

Without him in there for some of the games we would be in a worse position than we are now.

Can't believe people still slate petrov, he's a true servant to thus club and id almost go as far as saying he's creeping into Barry territory. He might not be the best cm in the world but he gives 100% every game. Top captain and role model! I hope he starts the game but if we cruise it then bring in Gardner!!Y

I have said Petrov has been poor before Foreva came on board to that fact although when he has played well i give him credit but to be our captain he needs to playing well week in week out. He needs to set the standard but unfortunately he only performs now and again. We do need to move on and soon, he is also on high wages and there are many better players out there we should be targetting

Lichaj for Hutton (Cuellar presumably injured), Clark for Collins, Stevens for Warnock (could be a sub later on), Gardner for Petrov, Ireland in again for confidence.

Can't see too many changes in case we lose it, then he'll be even more in the dung!

Lichaj for Hutton (Cuellar presumably injured), Clark for Collins, Stevens for Warnock (could be a sub later on), Gardner for Petrov, Ireland in again for confidence.

Can't see too many changes in case we lose it, then he'll be even more in the dung!

Lichaj has just returned from a hip injury and has just started training so dont think he will be involved just yet but would put him ahead of Hutton

Lichaj has just returned from a hip injury and has just started training so dont think he will be involved just yet but would put him ahead of Hutton

would put the bird in peevers pic ahead of hutton!!