Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lukedaw

Chelsea 1 Aston Villa 3

212 posts in this topic

Just hope Bent is fit for this game as Gabby is not a CF. Also i dont know whether i would prefer Hutton back or keep Collins in the team as they both make me nervous bt seeing as Collins was ok in the last game i would like to think AM keeps faith with him and also teaches Hutton a lesson for wreckless tackling. Marc had a poor game but usually does against big physical teams although i think he will have the beating of Cole. 2-3 Villa Bent to silence his doubters

Guzan

Cuellar Collins Dunne Warnock

Clark Petrov

Marc N'Zogbia Gabby

Bent

guzan

cuellor dunne clark warnock

marc petrov bannan n'zog

fonz gabby

I think with bent upfront on his own we concede far to much possession because he can't hold the ball up very well and conceding possession to a team as good as chelsea will be fatal. We have to have a go at them and we may just get something from the game. Chelsea are a little of form at the minute so i will predict 1-1 if we attack.

I just hope we dont give torres a few easy goals if he plays because we normally defend him quite well, The only problem i see is where is our next goal is gonna come from.

It won't be far off the team that played against Arsenal, big decision is whether Hutton plays or not, but Cuellar is a must somewhere in the back four. Gabby again to play upfront on his own, it's not his best position, but is a mile better than the Fonz.

Hutton needs to stay out IMO. But I can see AM just slotting him right back in....

3-0 i think . think we all know to who...

SOUNDS ABOUT RIGHT. For some reason we have been almost a 'bogey team' to Chelsea (well, sort of). Even at the Bridge we have got improbable 4-4 and 3-3 draws. But this time is different. Chelsea are being criticised, Torres being murdered by the press. Aided and abetted by at least one mistake from a set piece, plus the return of Hutton (WHY did AM buy him???) I go 3-0 Chelsea too....with Torres (yes) scoring the third.......leaving us on 20 points at halfway...the minimum target for SURVIVAL.......

Just hope Bent is fit for this game as Gabby is not a CF. Also i dont know whether i would prefer Hutton back or keep Collins in the team as they both make me nervous bt seeing as Collins was ok in the last game i would like to think AM keeps faith with him and also teaches Hutton a lesson for wreckless tackling. Marc had a poor game but usually does against big physical teams although i think he will have the beating of Cole. 2-3 Villa Bent to silence his doubters

Guzan

Cuellar Collins Dunne Warnock

Clark Petrov

Marc N'Zogbia Gabby

Bent

I would also play that team.

Feeling positive about this game tbh

We dont really expect much from this game apart from needing to keep the improvments we seen against Stoke and Arsenal and i will be happy.

2-0 or 2-1 to Chelsea for me i'm afraid!

Just dont feel good about this one...AVB is on thin ice and I think he'll send out an attacking team,especially with our home form...AM is liable to bring back Hutton and reform back to the defence that has cost us...Set pieces are a nightmare for us and I dont see the likes of Chelski not exploiting that, Guzan would be my choice as he seems to command his goal area but with AM you never know.....heart and history say Villa sneak it...form says Chelski take the 3 points.....just, not a walkover but Aresnil sneaked it...

Just dont feel good about this one...AVB is on thin ice and I think he'll send out an attacking team,especially with our home form...AM is liable to bring back Hutton and reform back to the defence that has cost us...Set pieces are a nightmare for us and I dont see the likes of Chelski not exploiting that, Guzan would be my choice as he seems to command his goal area but with AM you never know.....heart and history say Villa sneak it...form says Chelski take the 3 points.....just, not a walkover but Aresnil sneaked it...

But we are playing at the Bridge!!

yes mate...I realised that after I posted...but was actually looking at our results at the bridge (where we haven't done to bad).....What I meant was....we cant attack at home and are poor away ....so AVB will exploit our away team selection and look at our home form..and realise there is no way AM is going to pick an attacking side....my bad

WEll I think there is too much distractions going on at Chelsea, with Torres, AVB, now Malouda is talkign about going, Drogba is being allowed to speak to clubs, Anelka has gone. There is far too much going on there at the moment and with that I will ake our usual draw.

Best we can hope for is a draw to be fare .... but we need to win Monday against Swansea....... a must win if ever there was one

we got to have faith boys---might be foolish but we gotta!!

as Peev say there,s loads going on at the Bridge---this maywellcut one of 2 ways, they wil go out to show that all is good and give us a footballing master class OR--if there is discontent amongst Roman,s troops the longer we can hold em the more chance of us bringing back one point or---dare i say it 3!!!

a lot will depend on Big Eck,s team selection and whether Dazzler declares himself fit,

Come On You Villa Boyzzz

2-2

Anyone know if bents back for this one?

apparently he,s travelled (good shopping down the Kings Road) and its very hopeful but a decision will be made later!

i sure hope so, we might get just one chance and that is all he needs --as long as he has his scoring boots with him.

Just gone for 1-1 on my super six predictions for today lets just hope we can pull of a result

Davd Luiz will start and i think we must really target him - he will come out of the back four and if we pressure him he really paniks.

Another weakness could be the right back as i think Ferriera could start as Bosingwa is very doubtful.

Davd Luiz will start and i think we must really target him - he will come out of the back four and if we pressure him he really paniks.

Another weakness could be the right back as i think Ferriera could start as Bosingwa is very doubtful.

100% right mate that luiz is gonna hate gabbys pace today