Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

TheMANThatCAN

The Randy Lerner Thread

So again Skyba, how am I being negative?

So coming on here and basically saying it's all rubbish and it's not going to happen. Not your exact words but I'm guessing it's what you meant or you'd have elaborated a little more is not being negative??

Also you didn't answer my question. Do you think lerner would turn down a bid??

So am I to believe every randon that comes on to avillafan with wild rumours? Geta grip pal! Show me even a shred of evidence to support this guys claim and I will then give it some credit, untill then I will assume that it is a wild rumour.

As for Lerner selling if a bid come in? Maybe depends on the offer I suppose!

So am I to believe every randon that comes on to avillafan with wild rumours? Geta grip pal! Show me even a shred of evidence to support this guys claim and I will then give it some credit, untill then I will assume that it is a wild rumour.

I never said you had to believe it I've not said I believe it all I've said is that it would make sense if it did happen.

Evidence:

Villa have forcibly bought back all shares sold to supporters in the 80's. FACT. This suggests some sort of movement behind the scene's regarding ownership of the club. Ask yourself why would lerner randomly by shares that have no value to him whatsoever these shareholders have no effect on the running of the club.

QIA have been trying to buy a club in england and have failed they tried to buy utd but couldn't everton and didn't and blackburn and got turned down. FACT.

We are a very good investment and if you look at it villa are probably the one of the few clubs that have a good background and could be bought in the prem.

Also me and stu have both heard that they've been interested in buying the villa.

Not saying this means it's the truth but the shares raised questions before this guy came to the site. Not everything has to be based on hard fact. We can also choose to discuss what could happen and the reasons we feel the might without that meaning we believe it.

• Upvote 1

Let's keep in mind that Skyba spent the entire summer telling us that he believed RL was selling. Do you really expect him to refute a rumor that supports it?

What just like in the same way you all said he wouldn't and you wouldn't support a rumour that if true would prove that wrong???

I'm not saying I believe this at all. I'm just saying if it did happen it would make sense considering the goings on lately.

What just like in the same way you all said he wouldn't and you wouldn't support a rumour that if true would prove that wrong???

I'm not saying I believe this at all. I'm just saying if it did happen it would make sense considering the goings on lately.

I don't do the "I told you so" thing. There was an article in the Mail a few weeks ago that said Lerner still loved the club and had no plans to sell and blah blah blah. I don't remember if it got much response on here, but I never responded if it did.

I don't do the "I told you so" thing. There was an article in the Mail a few weeks ago that said Lerner still loved the club and had no plans to sell and blah blah blah. I don't remember if it got much response on here, but I never responded if it did.

Yeah I have neither started this thread or claimed that it is fact, I've just outlined why I feel it would make sense if it did happen.

The one question that hangs in my mind is these shares being bought back. There's no reason other than a sale in my eye's why he'd be buying them back, it's a minor amount of money to him and they have no bearing on the running of the club, the only thing they would effect is if he wanted to sell the club and keep it from the stock market.

If someone could give me another valid reason as to why he's done this I may think differently.

Well if it does happen I hope people don't mind an increase in ticket prices :)

Villa should be paying the fans to go to watch that sorry shower of sh*t....

• Upvote 1

This idea will be support by those who's opinion and thoughts marry up with this, to the rest of us its gonna be a pinch of salt until evidence is shown! Skyba evidence is purely circumstances!

This idea will be support by those who's opinion and thoughts marry up with this, to the rest of us its gonna be a pinch of salt until evidence is shown! Skyba evidence is purely circumstances!

This

Well just got back from the game and this post, if nothing else, has taken my depression away. What a right old load of bollocks Pmsl.

The only Royal that might be interested in buying our great club is Jim Royal, maybe he'll mention it in this Christmas' episode of the Royal family.

Oil tap him up to sea what he thinks!

Well just got back from the game and this post, if nothing else, has taken my depression away. What a right old load of bollocks Pmsl.

The only Royal that might be interested in buying our great club is Jim Royal, maybe he'll mention it in this Christmas' episode of the Royal family.

Oil tap him up to sea what he thinks!

ohhh you're gonna feel so silly when Messi signs..

All I'll say is if the evidence I produced is just "circumstance" what circumstances other than the quiet sale of the club would make lerner buy back the shares???

Again not saying this is true but other than this there's been no explanation as to why they'd do it other than selling the club, and that was thought even before this thread.

And also who would have thought a rich sheik would ever have bought city. It would make more sense for him to buy us than someone like arsenal. They'd make it into what they want anyway so why spend big to buy the club to begin with??

I have said it before. I hope something like this happens, but we will see.

Not going to get my hopes up based on the unsupported posts of something on a forum.

That being said, I just put $1000 on Ancelotti being the next Villa manager.