Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

TheMANThatCAN

The Randy Lerner Thread

Bollocks.

We'll see.

If it is true it wouldn't be too long before we'd hear. I'm not certain of the rules but if a company like this is under offer and it's going into due diligence or whatever it's called doesn't the stock market have to be told??

Or maybe that's why he's bought up all the shares because it'd take it off the market and then it could be kept under wraps.

You've answered your own question.

i've got no idea about the legalities of such a deal mate, but i've got a strong feeling this is a small heath brainiac on a wind up, either way theres no use even thinking about it until it becomes official.

Is there anything on any of the other forums?

I'm not on a wind up, like I keep saying. What use would winding a forum up that by the looks of things has less than 100 active members. There would have been the same thread on villatalk.com, but the registration set up takes the Michael.

This may shed some light on it being utter cack...

This is an article from a website in oct about the QIA trying to buy utd.

Rumours of the Qatar royal family taking over Manchester United have gathered pace following the deferral of the club's flotation on the Singapore stock exchange.

But senior club sources have backed up the recent categoric denial of Sheikh Hamad bin Jassim bin Jaber al-Thani, a Qatari royal and the country's prime minister, by pointing out that such a deal is impossible because Uefa rules forbid it.

The Sweeper understands that the Qatar Investment Authority (QIA), which runs the country's multi-billion dollar sovereign wealth fund, would only be able to purchase a maximum 49 per cent stake in the world's most expensive club.

This is because QIA acquired a 70 per cent controlling stake in Paris Saint-Germain in May, a deal they followed up by funding a Manchester City-style refurbishment of the Ligue 1 club that included the French record buy of Javier Pastore for £37 million.

Article 3.01 © of Uefa's regulations states that in order to ensure the integrity of the Uefa club competitions "no individual or legal entity may have control or influence over more than one club participating in a Uefa club competition". Such control or influence is defined as "holding a majority of the shareholders' voting rights" or "being a shareholder and alone controlling a majority of the shareholders' voting rights pursuant to an agreement entered into with other shareholders of the club".

In the case of QIA, who are using football to improve Qatar's international standing and enhance its image as a global sports mecca, Uefa has confirmed that the investment vehicle would not be able to go beyond the 49 per cent threshold if it was to invest in United, who were valued at £1.13 billion by Forbes in its 2011 football Valuation survey.

Nevertheless, The Sweeper has been told that Qatar's interest in acquiring a stake in the world's richest club is genuine and that talks have been held between QIA and representatives of the Glazer family, United's current owners.

Sources anticipate further negotiations between the two parties, which could result in Qatar acquiring a minority holding in United

QIA is owned by a family. Theres no rule stopping each member of the family having their own football club. Research the owners of PSG and Malaga. It'll all become apparent.

We need investment and lots of it please

When you get taken over there will be serious investment, it wont be to City's standards however. Expect lots of 10-25million players bought over time, and a proper team to be established. QIA have done serious research into football, they know success can be bought in two ways. Either quickly (City-esq) or over time with constant investment.

We'll see.

I'm not on a wind up, like I keep saying. What use would winding a forum up that by the looks of things has less than 100 active members. There would have been the same thread on villatalk.com, but the registration set up takes the Michael.

QIA is owned by a family. Theres no rule stopping each member of the family having their own football club. Research the owners of PSG and Malaga. It'll all become apparent.

I know it's owned by a family infact the royal family, I used to work for them BUT the money that's being used would be coming from the QIA.

But I suppose you could be right as that programme showed about buying a football club a while ago.

You're right the QIA have psg and they've let bin nasser have malaga.

Hopefully they'd let sheik saud have the villa if the bought us, try and blag a box lol.

We'll see.

here's my number one reason for assuming this is nonsense, you seem to be knowledgable on this subject and confident that the deal will be revealed in the coming months, which means you are "in the know" so to speak. so either you were told by someone involved in the deal who trusted you to keep it to yourself, or you are involved in it yourself, and either way i don't understand what you get from telling a forum what is happening.

are you a Villa fan?

Tell you one thing though, I'd love to be a fly on the wall in cashley young or downings house if we did get a buy out like this LOL.

Tell you one thing though, I'd love to be a fly on the wall in cashley young or downings house if we did get a buy out like this LOL.

Especially Downing, to get CL football ahead of Liverpool would be amazing.

Especially Downing, to get CL football ahead of Liverpool would be amazing.

You know that it would be the wage budget we'd have that would upset downing more than cl football LOL

You know that it would be the wage budget we'd have that would upset downing more than cl football LOL

Haha true, anything that would sh*t on him would be good i hate that pr*ck more than i should.

you've just said something in another thread Skyba that's got me thinking, if this IS practically a done deal then surely some money will be spent in Jan? And if not, why not?

Haha true, anything that would sh*t on him would be good i hate that pr*ck more than i should.

you've just said something in another thread Skyba that's got me thinking, if this IS practically a done deal then surely some money will be spent in Jan? And if not, why not?

The only reason I could think of is that lerner would have conditions of the sale that would need verifying before it's officially a done deal meaning that it would be a big risk for him to take the money.

One thing you can guarantee is that if we are being bought mr mcliesh will be going nowhere till it's a done deal.

The only reason I could think of is that lerner would have conditions of the sale that would need verifying before it's officially a done deal meaning that it would be a big risk for him to take the money.

ahh, makes sense. anyway i'm going to attempt to forget about this until something hits the press, steady investment would be incredible though!

Hey Guys, just thought I would let you know Bill Gates is buying Villa and ploughing in massive amounts of his fortune into Villa!!

I have no sources but I am not lying and you will have to wait and see!!

See how easy it is to start a rumour!

God loyal you go on about negativity on this board and then you put reply's like that. Nobody has said they believe it's concrete but you must admit that if the club were to be bought out it wouldn't be a surprise. The shares HAVE been getting bought back and the QIA have been looking at clubs and have been rumoured to be interested in villa.

If I were to put a percentage on how probable this is to be true I'd say 50/50 the only reason I have to believe it's not happening is scepticism and the fact that you've pointed out it's easy to start a rumour.

How am I being negative Skyba?? Your only defending this claim because it fits in with your personal belief!!

I was just making the point that its easy to start a rumour with no evidence!

How am I being negative Skyba?? Your only defending this claim because it fits in with your personal belief!!

I was just making the point that its easy to start a rumour with no evidence!

Did you hear stewart downing has aids?

It's also easy to support the belief that villa will be finishing top 7 this season before it had started with all other evidence saying other wise.

What my point is that if you were to say villa are signing messi, that's obviously not true we don't have the money nor the pull of a club that could sign him, but we are a very attractive investment, and also let me ask you 1 question. Do you honestly believe that if someone came offering lerner big amounts of cash for the villa he'd turn it down??

Imo he'd take the money and run, he can't afford us anymore and an asset that is costing you money is no longer an asset it's a liability and a liability that lerner can no longer afford.

He's in the money game right, well the world has seen nothing yet the economy the world over is going into very dire times and men like lerner will be going down with it.