TheMANThatCAN

The Randy Lerner Thread

3,045 posts in this topic

I'll say it again, I've attended plenty of football matches and paid for both daily and season tickets so I know how it feels on both sides. Just FYI as well, the person who made the suggestion is a regular attendee at Villa Park so hopefully he's 'qualified' to have an opinion on it. Like you I also take offence when people assume I'm not a real fan because I'm 'only an internet streamer', swings and roundabouts I guess.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Villa in Brissiengham said:

I'll say it again, I've attended plenty of football matches and paid for both daily and season tickets so I know how it feels on both sides. Just FYI as well, the person who made the suggestion is a regular attendee at Villa Park so hopefully he's 'qualified' to have an opinion on it. Like you I also take offence when people assume I'm not a real fan because I'm 'only an internet streamer', swings and roundabouts I guess.

I don't care who goes to matches or not or what sort of fan they are as long as long they don't say I shouldn't go  and I hope this other person is boycotting the sausages too. tell him I can recommend the Broadway kebab shop in witton road for pizza 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Patrick said:

I don't care who goes to matches or not or what sort of fan they are as long as long they don't say I shouldn't go  and I hope this other person is boycotting the sausages too. tell him I can recommend the Broadway kebab shop in witton road for pizza 

Come off it mate - you'd walk to the ends of the earth for a jumbo sausage - you talk the talk but I'm sure you will soon be nibbling one of randys bangers again !

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Eastie said:

Come off it mate - you'd walk to the ends of the earth for a jumbo sausage - you talk the talk but I'm sure you will soon be nibbling one of randys bangers again !

I think Patrick might tell Randy where he can stick his sausage and I dont think it will be in a bun lol :biggrin:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to sit firmly on the fence on this one, people saying a boycott of VP is the best solution are right but I understand completely those who refuse to stop going because they have an ST or simply refuse to be chased away from the club we all love.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If your more interested in not losing 50 quid by not going to a match you've paid for then that speaks volumes, also if you'd rather just turn up and not try and make your voice heard then its time to suck it up butter cup, you've no place to bitch and moan when things dont change. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Imagine our next home game. Televised, and absolutely 0 fans turn up. Imagine the statement that puts out there. But instead people will go, moan as soon as they walk up the holte, boo when someone misplaces a pass. Then leave early. Whilst Randy continues to count his money and laughs at us behind our backs.  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21 February 2016 at 0:58 AM, Larry-AV said:

Advice from someone who knows from experience how to make money and how to run a football team.

How to run a squad ... and prevent complacency.

Scotsman - Mark Warburton: short contracts keep Rangers players hungry

 

That's the problem Larry. These players sign long contracts and some of them 'don't give a stuff'. Things need to change where the 'Club' is holding all the cards. Clauses need to be placed into the contracts stipulating certain 'performance levels' that need to be reached. If not, then disciplinary action can be taken by the club against the player and his agent. Jimmy Hill did a lot of damage by having players and agents dictating what wages they earned. Progress is good, but sometimes it can get out of hand. It would be nice to earn £65,000 per week on a 4 year contract and do nothing for it and not even get reprimanded. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Indeed, PV.

I see Rangers being run so very well and professionally, at all levels, on and off the pitch, then look at the shambles here at AVFC.

It really annoys me that our great club has been reduced to its wretched state under this incompetent 'owner'.

What really rubs it in is hearing Chelsea described as 'big boys', when the only reason for the difference between CFC and AVFC is the owner ... Abramovich invested in Chelsea and has maintained it, whereas Lerner gave up on AVFC in 2010.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Perth Villan said:

. These players sign long contracts and some of them 'don't give a stuff'. Things need to change where the 'Club' is holding all the cards. Clauses need to be placed into the contracts stipulating certain 'performance levels' that need to be reached. If not, then disciplinary action can be taken by the club against the player and his agent.. Progress is good, but sometimes it can get out of hand. It would be nice to earn £65,000 per week on a 4 year contract and do nothing for it and not even get reprimanded. 

the trouble is Perth no decent player would sign a contract with performance related clauses. They will just go and sign for another club that hasn't got them in the contract 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Patrick said:

the trouble is Perth no decent player would sign a contract with performance related clauses. They will just go and sign for another club that hasn't got them in the contract 

This is where things need to change at club level where all clubs follow the same rules. Transfer amounts are getting ridiculous now. I just hope that at some time even the idiotic owners of clubs realise that the 'game' has been replaced with 'business'. Fans are not even thought about now unless there is a way of making money from them. I know I'm dreaming but let's hope that common sense prevails at some stage.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you do your homework you don't sign players with attitude problems, nobody worthy of the title professional will ever give less than their best. We generally sign 2 types of players, those who rarely give their best and those whose best just ain't good enough. No great surprise when the man calling the shots can't be bothered to show his face.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a scary thought. If I was randy I'd have told Hollis get me what you can. Sell the ground on a rent back. Think there is £20m available for trader, veretout, gills a few shillings. As for the rest if the useless handjobs get me 50p the lot. One thing all this stick Guzan  has taken the last  12-18 months he did as much as delph and benteke to retain premier status. Yes he's made mistakes but as a goal keeper when you are averaging  10 shots on target against per game as a keeper your mistakes will be highlighted.  Go back to the 1st game of the season Bournemouth away just before half time great save we win 1-0.  I filled my white callvins against nots county ( best performance that day was bennnet) on loan again be great next season in championship. But back to Saturday iv Never  seen a keeper go for a tee break in his net when the ball is in his 6 yard box.

Please explain, goalkeeping error or tactical decision 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, devilsadvocate said:

Here's a scary thought. If I was randy I'd have told Hollis get me what you can. Sell the ground on a rent back. Think there is £20m available for trader, veretout, gills a few shillings. As for the rest if the useless handjobs get me 50p the lot. One thing all this stick Guzan  has taken the last  12-18 months he did as much as delph and benteke to retain premier status. Yes he's made mistakes but as a goal keeper when you are averaging  10 shots on target against per game as a keeper your mistakes will be highlighted.  Go back to the 1st game of the season Bournemouth away just before half time great save we win 1-0.  I filled my white callvins against nots county ( best performance that day was bennnet) on loan again be great next season in championship. But back to Saturday iv Never  seen a keeper go for a tee break in his net when the ball is in his 6 yard box.

Please explain, goalkeeping error or tactical decision 

 

Bunn Is poor but Guzan is the shittest  keeper I've seen at villa in 40 yrs .

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Serious buyers" are "waiting in the wings", according to 'The Sunday Mirror'.

Hmm...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, AnneMc said:

"Serious buyers" are "waiting in the wings", according to 'The Sunday Mirror'.

Hmm...

Hmm , we can only dream ,, is there light at the end of the tunnel 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Patrick said:

Hmm , we can only dream ,, is there light at the end of the tunnel 

I hope there's a bloody Power Station at the end of the tunnel Patrick :celebration

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I foolishly believed that the new board meant Lerner had realized the error of his ways - now I have little hope left for the future :(

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now