Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

TheMANThatCAN

The Randy Lerner Thread

Struck oil ???????? are we missing summat here, you obviously know summat we dont cause the way we are playing at the moment it's more like we are bogged down in an oil slick. Has Mr lerner found some new investors to take us forward once more now that would indeed be a great christmas present

Ok this is a wind up ?

If you know something post the full story and how you know

Ok this is a wind up ?

If you know something post the full story and how you know

No wind ups. Its not my style.

Your being taken over by QIA (Qatar Investment Authority). The people that own Malaga and PSG, also tried to buy Everton (didn't want to buy a new stadium) and Blackburn (had their offered declined by Venkys, even though they offered to give them their money back for the club, remove all the debts they had accrued and also pay each family member £4.2million each).

It'll happen at the end of this season - You owe Lerner a fortune. He doesn't want to sell, and didn't want to sell, but accepted these people offer something he never will be able too, and accepted the bid on the basis that its what is best for the club.

To put it into perspective, QIA make City look like Derby.

How I know? I couldn't possibly tell you. But you'll see. The story will start breaking late Feb/early March.

No wind ups. Its not my style.

Your being taken over by QIA (Qatar Investment Authority). The people that own Malaga and PSG, also tried to buy Everton (didn't want to buy a new stadium) and Blackburn (had their offered declined by Venkys, even though they offered to give them their money back for the club, remove all the debts they had accrued and also pay each family member £4.2million each).

It'll happen at the end of this season - You owe Lerner a fortune. He doesn't want to sell, and didn't want to sell, but accepted these people offer something he never will be able too, and accepted the bid on the basis that its what is best for the club.

To put it into perspective, QIA make City look like Derby.

How I know? I couldn't possibly tell you. But you'll see. The story will start breaking late Feb/early March.

With out any source anyone could come and write anything like that to be honest
  • Upvote 1

With out any source anyone could come and write anything like that to be honest

I agree, I'm not looking for any recognition. I'll just bump this thread the day they take over. I came to say congratulations.

It wouldn't surprise me as all the clubs shares have been getting taken back.

And like he said this group make city look like porpers and I'm fairly sure the sheik who used to sponsor me in qatar who is the kings cousin his name is sheik soud bin abdul rachkman al thani is involved with them and he is the sports minister for qatar and a big football fan apparently I never met him but my mate who's also my boss has. I'll give him a ring see if there's any rumbles of it going on over there.

Also if this was to become true it would be the best type of investor because although they'd pump in cash the main reason that the QIA was set up was to invest in things that could secure the future economy of qatar when the oil and gas reserves run out, so you can be sure that money would be pumped in but also you could be sure it would be a long term investment ensuring that the club would become a long term success eventually turning into a big club that makes a profit.

Only down side I could see would be that I don't think villa park would stand the test of time as there's not much room for expansion.

This could be a wind up but it also kinda makes sense considering the rumbles we've been hearing lately and it's no secret that I've thought for a long time lerner is looking to sell up.

Never know future headline could be messi signs for villa LOL

Bollocks.

If it is true it wouldn't be too long before we'd hear. I'm not certain of the rules but if a company like this is under offer and it's going into due diligence or whatever it's called doesn't the stock market have to be told??

Or maybe that's why he's bought up all the shares because it'd take it off the market and then it could be kept under wraps.

If it is true it wouldn't be too long before we'd hear. I'm not certain of the rules but if a company like this is under offer and it's going into due diligence or whatever it's called doesn't the stock market have to be told??

Or maybe that's why he's bought up all the shares because it'd take it off the market and then it could be kept under wraps.

i've got no idea about the legalities of such a deal mate, but i've got a strong feeling this is a small heath brainiac on a wind up, either way theres no use even thinking about it until it becomes official.

Is there anything on any of the other forums?

i've got no idea about the legalities of such a deal mate, but i've got a strong feeling this is a small heath brainiac on a wind up, either way theres no use even thinking about it until it becomes official.

Is there anything on any of the other forums?

I've not looked. It could well be a wind up but I'd welcome it if it happened. What we all thought was happening when lerner bought us would actually happen lol.

Dunno I don't believe it BUT it would add up considering the rumblings going on and I did hear that they were interested.

And imo if you're gunna be bought out by the oil rich these are the ones because they wouldn't be silly like mansoor in terms of their cash but even being conservative with the cash in their terms would allow them to more than match mansoor as it's basically the countries economy behind them not just one mans wealth.

This may shed some light on it being utter cack...

This is an article from a website in oct about the QIA trying to buy utd.

Rumours of the Qatar royal family taking over Manchester United have gathered pace following the deferral of the club’s flotation on the Singapore stock exchange.

But senior club sources have backed up the recent categoric denial of Sheikh Hamad bin Jassim bin Jaber al-Thani, a Qatari royal and the country’s prime minister, by pointing out that such a deal is impossible because Uefa rules forbid it.

The Sweeper understands that the Qatar Investment Authority (QIA), which runs the country’s multi-billion dollar sovereign wealth fund, would only be able to purchase a maximum 49 per cent stake in the world’s most expensive club.

This is because QIA acquired a 70 per cent controlling stake in Paris Saint-Germain in May, a deal they followed up by funding a Manchester City-style refurbishment of the Ligue 1 club that included the French record buy of Javier Pastore for £37 million.

Article 3.01 © of Uefa’s regulations states that in order to ensure the integrity of the Uefa club competitions “no individual or legal entity may have control or influence over more than one club participating in a Uefa club competition”. Such control or influence is defined as “holding a majority of the shareholders’ voting rights” or “being a shareholder and alone controlling a majority of the shareholders’ voting rights pursuant to an agreement entered into with other shareholders of the club”.

In the case of QIA, who are using football to improve Qatar’s international standing and enhance its image as a global sports mecca, Uefa has confirmed that the investment vehicle would not be able to go beyond the 49 per cent threshold if it was to invest in United, who were valued at £1.13 billion by Forbes in its 2011 football Valuation survey.

Nevertheless, The Sweeper has been told that Qatar’s interest in acquiring a stake in the world’s richest club is genuine and that talks have been held between QIA and representatives of the Glazer family, United’s current owners.

Sources anticipate further negotiations between the two parties, which could result in Qatar acquiring a minority holding in United

This may shed some light on it being utter cack...

This is an article from a website in oct about the QIA trying to buy utd.

Rumours of the Qatar royal family taking over Manchester United have gathered pace following the deferral of the club’s flotation on the Singapore stock exchange.

But senior club sources have backed up the recent categoric denial of Sheikh Hamad bin Jassim bin Jaber al-Thani, a Qatari royal and the country’s prime minister, by pointing out that such a deal is impossible because Uefa rules forbid it.

The Sweeper understands that the Qatar Investment Authority (QIA), which runs the country’s multi-billion dollar sovereign wealth fund, would only be able to purchase a maximum 49 per cent stake in the world’s most expensive club.

This is because QIA acquired a 70 per cent controlling stake in Paris Saint-Germain in May, a deal they followed up by funding a Manchester City-style refurbishment of the Ligue 1 club that included the French record buy of Javier Pastore for £37 million.

Article 3.01 © of Uefa’s regulations states that in order to ensure the integrity of the Uefa club competitions “no individual or legal entity may have control or influence over more than one club participating in a Uefa club competition”. Such control or influence is defined as “holding a majority of the shareholders’ voting rights” or “being a shareholder and alone controlling a majority of the shareholders’ voting rights pursuant to an agreement entered into with other shareholders of the club”.

In the case of QIA, who are using football to improve Qatar’s international standing and enhance its image as a global sports mecca, Uefa has confirmed that the investment vehicle would not be able to go beyond the 49 per cent threshold if it was to invest in United, who were valued at £1.13 billion by Forbes in its 2011 football Valuation survey.

Nevertheless, The Sweeper has been told that Qatar’s interest in acquiring a stake in the world’s richest club is genuine and that talks have been held between QIA and representatives of the Glazer family, United’s current owners.

Sources anticipate further negotiations between the two parties, which could result in Qatar acquiring a minority holding in United

Yeah but surely that would exclude them from realistically purchasing ANY other clubs? and it's no secret that they've been sniffing around the PL for a while now..

f**cking Villa, 2-0 down as i write this, bring on the investment!

That's what I thought. Maybe there's a loophole or maybe it's not buying they're looking at but investment.

I did hear some rumours of this not so long back but we will wait and see.

Same here that's why I'm inclined to believe there's some truth in it, along with the shares being bought. I'd like to know how they'd expect to get around euefa rules.

But like you said wait and see.

I'd love it if it were true we'd all have to get used to being hated and called glory hunters lol.