FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Euro 2012 Thread

Colonel Dimitri

Predictions for tonight?

A boring 1-0 win either way for me.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to think Spain would win, but after Italys heroics against Germany i think theyll go all the way, although a part of my head is still saying Spain

mzjj.jpg

Funny so many blame Roy's decision to pick Liverpool players as the reason England lost.... Gerrard was England's best player, Johnson played really well throughout for the most part, and when Carroll played he played well and did exactly what he was asked. Downing and Kelly didn't touch the pitch and Henderson played about 5 minutes.

Milner was absolute garbage. SOme on here may still be loyal to him, but he was England's worst starter bar none, and Ashley Young was pretty much the same. The wings had nothing going until Walcott or Ox were brought on. Rooney once again walked in to the starting lineup and did f*ck all, and Welbeck scored one nice important goal and that was all he did. The Liverpool players who "lost it for England" played much better for England than most.

I think Italy could take this. I just see a team that wants it more. I don't like the Spain lineup of playing without a forward. It works when you have someone like Messi, but they don't.

2-1 Italy (Balotelli, Pirlo, Iniesta)

"Lions roar, not whimper. You're the hunters, not the hunted. Now get out there to f*ck and bring home the points because if you don't bring home the bacon you get treated like a pig. Pigs belong in the sty and that shithole's down the road. We're the pride of Birmingham so FFS make Brum proud tonight." -AnneMc

Broadcast here just said Spain is averaging 39 passes per shot on goal, a massive increase from the last Euro and WC. Couple that with the conservative play that tends to come in a final and Spain could average 50 in this match. Good Lord. No wonder they play without a forward.

"Lions roar, not whimper. You're the hunters, not the hunted. Now get out there to f*ck and bring home the points because if you don't bring home the bacon you get treated like a pig. Pigs belong in the sty and that shithole's down the road. We're the pride of Birmingham so FFS make Brum proud tonight." -AnneMc

Wow. Should have gone with the rest of my head. Lol Best team of all time? I think so.

Absolutely. I think we are in a time right now that people will look back in awe in 20 or 30 years. We have potentially the best international team ever in Spain, the potentially best club team ever in Barca, and potentially the best player ever in Messi.

Wow. Should have gone with the rest of my head. Lol Best team of all time? I think so.

Yeah, Italy didn't park the bus like everyone else and tried to play an open game...got torched. I guess its not Spain's fault that most of their games are boring. They are just above the competition.

Archived