FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Euro 2012 Thread

Colonel Dimitri

Gerrard played well as did Parker but you could tell they were knackered from carrying the team this far.

Rooney looked ok till they brought on the poor mans crouch carroll who was shite and IMO should never have been there he only got in the squad because of about 180 minutes of decent football at the end of the season, as soon as he came in it became hoof ball, we kick it out we lose the ball they attack over and over.

Glen Johnson needs to go out prior to the game and make the correct decision on what studs as he spent far to long on his arse in the first half despite that I think he had an ok game in the end.

What the f*ck Henderson was doing there that was just a joke IMO.

Joe hart is just a class act and I think is probably the only player who can come out of that game and say he's world class and would walk straight into any team in the competition and IMO he's probably going to become the greatest keeper in the world in the next 2 years.

Terry and lesscott did all that could be expected of them as did ashley cole.

Milner shouldn't have been taken off which leads me to the useless lump of sh*t that is Ashley young, the t**t thinks he's far better than he is, constantly loses the ball and falls over and why that is exactly why I said he'd be a failure in this tourney because he's not wearing a utd shirt and the red isn't looking to give him a free kick or a pen when he dives to the ground. And the less said about that penalty the better.

Better team went through and deservedly so, we'd have been battered 6 or 7-0 by the crouts so I think it was probably better for us to go out now than to get destroyed by ze Germans.

Oh and Roy is definitely not the man to take us to the world cup!! It was like watching the villa last season but with a few decent players in the squad.

I said exactly the same thing to my family, Roy has got a lot of work to do. Like I said in a previous post we need a fresh start, our main problem with tournaments is fitness players like Gerrard struggled to play 60 minutes let alone 120minutes. The young lads are needed for Brazil otherwise we might aswell not go.

I hate defensive football and if this is where England's is heading then don't expect any glory anytime soon, we did the same as other countries do, play cr*p and still hope to win games but that plan failed, I felt sorry for Capello he was bullied by the press from day one.

Now reaction tomorrow from the papers? Knifes are going to be thrown at Hodgson and to be fair he deserves half the blame, he took Henderson, Milner, Downing, Rooney and Ashley Young, but failed to take Richards, Adam Johnson, Grant Holt, Rio Ferdinand... plus he told them how to play in that style of football.

At the moment Hodgson isn't the favourite man in England

I HATE COV,

FROM RAISING OUR HOPES.... TO DESTROYING OUR CLUB = RANDY LERNER

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ashley Cole for me, other than his penalty (which a lot of people will now base his performance on) proved to me that he is still the best left back in the world since Roberto Carlos.

Maybe he doesn't have long left but I can't fault him.

whooshed myself i misread your post thought you was referring to ashley young, cole has been good

When is Rooney ever going to get dropped?!

In one way I can agree, in another I can't.

My mother, yes, my mom!, asked why Rooney walked straight back into a winning team for the Ukraine match. All I had to answer with was; "We won, with Rooney scoring the winner". How can you argue with Roy's decision on that, and why he should he have started tonight?! We hardly have any one who is better than Rooney.

When is Rooney ever going to get dropped?!

Probably never.

It doesn't seem that any manager has the balls to drop him or any of the other egos on the squad. Biggest problem IMO is the failure to put players from smaller clubs on the squad. It seems that if you don't play for a big club, you have no chance.

Scott Parker is proof of what happens when you put hungry players on the squad, and quit gifting starts to the same old players over and over. Yet, he had to move to Spurs to even get a chance.

I could understand if players like Rooney had achieved anything at the international level that their starts would be based on past success, but he hasn't. He's a great club player but fails on the international stage. WC, Euro, he fails, and he's not alone. He seems to get the call up for his club scoring record but that rule doesn't apply to players like Holt, Sturridge, etc...

"Lions roar, not whimper. You're the hunters, not the hunted. Now get out there to f*ck and bring home the points because if you don't bring home the bacon you get treated like a pig. Pigs belong in the sty and that shithole's down the road. We're the pride of Birmingham so FFS make Brum proud tonight." -AnneMc

People forget that Roy only had a month to get the English team ready for the Euros. I think they did well, and could've easily stole this game from Italy. England defended very well and Hart was class as usual. I don't understand the Carroll hate but I will admit watching him paired with Rooney was dreadful. Carroll was great in the air today and it seemed like he won every header...maybe it should of been Carroll-Defoe as a striking combination.

People forget that Roy only had a month to get the English team ready for the Euros. I think they did well, and could've easily stole this game from Italy. England defended very well and Hart was class as usual. I don't understand the Carroll hate but I will admit watching him paired with Rooney was dreadful. Carroll was great in the air today and it seemed like he won every header...maybe it should of been Carroll-Defoe as a striking combination.

There's no point on winning every header if when you win them you either give the ball away to the opposition or the header drops to an opposition player straight away.

And Roy had a month to put together a team of apparently world class players!!! If you ask me a month is more than enough time to sort out a squad of quality English players problem is he didn't he took the likes of downing who has had no goals and no assists all season.

controversial.png

When I was just a little boy i asked my mother what shall i beee.

Shall i be villa shall i be blues, Here's what she said to me......

YOU KNOW THE REST

as an outsider whose country has a small pop.just an observation.

until you change the way you couch the youth you'll fail.germany changed after 2000 euro's and are excelling cause of it.the players are overated.the manager is wrong as he's an average one at best.so called big players dominate the squad.you pick players like walcott who has proved at arsenal he's not good enough.6 years there and not improved much.f.a has no balls.premier league is to powerful.you do not utilise what you have correctly.you should have attacked,not been so negative.greece win was lucky,so was chelsea.play to your strengths not your weakness.

as an outsider whose country has a small pop.just an observation.

until you change the way you couch the youth you'll fail.germany changed after 2000 euro's and are excelling cause of it.the players are overated.the manager is wrong as he's an average one at best.so called big players dominate the squad.you pick players like walcott who has proved at arsenal he's not good enough.6 years there and not improved much.f.a has no balls.premier league is to powerful.you do not utilise what you have correctly.you should have attacked,not been so negative.greece win was lucky,so was chelsea.play to your strengths not your weakness.

You're wrong about wallcott!! He was one of the best players for us in this tournament and should have been starting instead of young!!

Wallcott is easily good enough for arsenal but for some reason arse end banger wants to hold him back because he's more interested in training up foreign talent

controversial.png

When I was just a little boy i asked my mother what shall i beee.

Shall i be villa shall i be blues, Here's what she said to me......

YOU KNOW THE REST

Can anyone explain why Henderson was brought on? i can't fathom it.. i had flashbacks to last season when Heskey would be brought on when we were losing a match.. Chamberlain for Young was the obvious sub.

Archived