Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I personally thought that he was one of the more dangerous players vs everton, he picked up the ball deep alot and tried to atack, especially in the first half, we didnt have anybody else trying to penetrate, every other player was contempt with going sideways with little effect, i also think he will benefit if we get a 2nd forward playing to drag the centre half away, jagielka and neville doubled up so easily against him with naismith also offering cover from the wing, to isolated with nobdy in the box when he did hit the byline? what do we really expect from a player that has no support from either the full back in baker overlapping and a centre forward hidding behind the centre half, bent did not once come and offer feet against everton and keep the ball moving, i think he is pivotal to nzog as he is going to have to create more space and offer alot more, and a full back needs to bombing past to offer something, nzog looks his best when cutting in off the wing, but how can he do that when he is doubled up on by 2 defenders, i think is being very harsh on the lad!

I personally thought that he was one of the more dangerous players vs everton, he picked up the ball deep alot and tried to atack, especially in the first half, we didnt have anybody else trying to penetrate, every other player was contempt with going sideways with little effect, i also think he will benefit if we get a 2nd forward playing to drag the centre half away, jagielka and neville doubled up so easily against him with naismith also offering cover from the wing, to isolated with nobdy in the box when he did hit the byline? what do we really expect from a player that has no support from either the full back in baker overlapping and a centre forward hidding behind the centre half, bent did not once come and offer feet against everton and keep the ball moving, i think he is pivotal to nzog as he is going to have to create more space and offer alot more, and a full back needs to bombing past to offer something, nzog looks his best when cutting in off the wing, but how can he do that when he is doubled up on by 2 defenders, i think is being very harsh on the lad!

Don't agree with you mate, sorry.

Zog has played less than 5 good games for us since we signed him and that's not good enough.

i agree he struggled las year but can you really pinpoint anybody who had more than 5 good games for us last year? the only people i can recall would be ireland and possible dunne, did anybody else look outstanding last year? all slow with no movement and no drive,

i agree he struggled las year but can you really pinpoint anybody who had more than 5 good games for us last year? the only people i can recall would be ireland and possible dunne, did anybody else look outstanding last year? all slow with no movement and no drive,

I agree with you there, however, shouldnt Zog as a senior player lead by example ? i have no issue with players having a poor game but he looked like he was not even trying half the time and this i will never forgive.

I thought that saturday he hjad a good go, he had sloppy points still but again wasnt the only one, i think he was one of the more dangerous looking players on the ball, he had a bit more about him, i think he will grow up a little this season, i think he may need better lb behind him than baker thou, IMO anyway,

vespa i think you make a good point about the LB, maybe having to watch over baker caused him to divert his attentions.. but he was still poor, by no means the worsed out there but still not good enough

I would agree it still wasnt good anough but i dont see him as a player that doesnt try, i see he is isolated by the lack of movement and the formation we play, i think he could be a outstanding player with bent this year, if they get the balls and movement from the rest of the team, playing a centre half left back isnt gonig to offer that at all,

reminds me of the eternal Roadrunner---- gets the ball head down and runs and runs and runs not looking up nor across-----then he runs out of pitch!!!!

come on Charlie --Boy get that final ball sorted!!

reminds me of the eternal Roadrunner---- gets the ball head down and runs and runs and runs not looking up nor across-----then he runs out of pitch!!!!

Beep beep !!!!!

vespa i think you make a good point about the LB, maybe having to watch over baker caused him to divert his attentions.. but he was still poor, by no means the worsed out there but still not good enough

Would you think this is the same reason he never performed last term? i think you are being a bit too nice to him!

Would you think this is the same reason he never performed last term? i think you are being a bit too nice to him!

I would say he is sh*t. Simples !

I would agree it still wasnt good anough but i dont see him as a player that doesnt try, i see he is isolated by the lack of movement and the formation we play, i think he could be a outstanding player with bent this year, if they get the balls and movement from the rest of the team, playing a centre half left back isnt gonig to offer that at all,

I see what your saying and I've been one of the biggest N'Zogbia defenders on this forum but he really needs to shape up sooner rather than later.

I think we'll see the best out of Charles this season, Lambert might know how to use him!

As a ball boy!

against everton i saw three tinmes where he beat a man and looked up but bent was no were to be seen, were not getting bodies in the box, if bents there he is the only one, i think he will come good, he needs a little bit of confidents,

As a ball boy ?

He's not ready for that yet, maybe with a bit of training !!!!

I think we should do a swap Nzogbia for messi and they can have hutton and warnock as well 3 for 1 offer LOL!

It seems that N'Zog has injured himself while on holiday in Vegas. I thought the only way to get hurt in Vegas was killing brain cells and damaging livers.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2345431/Aston-Villa-midfielder-Charles-NZogbia-suffers-injury-holiday-Las-Vegas.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

I actually think PL will stick with N'zogbia, he played him sparingly i admit but Charlie boy made an impact towards the end of the season.

No idea what kind of wage he is on but i cant imagine it is mega bucks! I actually think he was trying for the most part last season, and we all know Lambert admires a Player who puts effort in!