Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
avstu

28. Charles N'zogbia

247 posts in this topic

Charles N'Zogbia hopes he can form a potent attacking force with Aston Villa's England contingent when the new season gets underway.

The French winger, who completed his move to Villa Park from Wigan last week, will link up with Three Lions pair Darren Bent and Gabriel Agbonlahor at the Midlands club, as well as former international Emile Heskey, who won 62 caps on the world stage.

And 25-year-old N'Zogbia, who was signed by manager Alex McLeish to help fill the gap left by the departures of Stewart Downing and Ashley Young, believes the England attackers can help him make an immediate impact.

He told the Daily Star: "Darren is a really good striker and there is Gabby and Emile too - they are all great players.

"I am going to enjoy playing with them at Villa and hopefully we can do something special.

Exciting

"Darren scored a lot of goals last season and hopefully I can create more goals for him and also for myself.

"We want to be exciting and entertaining and we want to win. But I am just going to do my best for this club."

Manager McLeish has branded N'Zogbia's game as "explosive" and the winger is determined to live up to the Scotsman's estimation.

"It was nice that the boss Alex McLeish called my game explosive," he added. "I just try to enjoy my games and improve my football.

"Hopefully it is exciting and explosive."

Sky Sports

I was wondering when we would hear something from the man himself and this is a very positive statement from the guy :) Really looking forward to seeing him in a Villa shirt.

I do genuinly believe we look more dangerous in the attacking department this time round. We will be more direct than when we had Young and Clowning out wide. Obviously we can look to go either inside or out and also get the likes of Ireland making late runs into the danger areas and on the flipside, he can thread balls through and with the pace we have, it could make for great viewing.

yeah good words until he said Emile was a great player... hahahaahhahhahahah obviously been on the waccy baccy with a comment like that

astonvilla1112accueilfo.jpg

010265985563100.jpg

Charles N'Zogbia fever has hit Villa Park and the Villa stores.

A total of 7 in every 10 shirts purchased from the Villa Village Store and The City Centre store has 'N'Zogbia 10' on the back.

However,he is still well behind Darren Bent as his 'Bent 9' shirt sales have sold an excess of 2,000 shirts already.Head of Merchandise John Greenfield has described this as 'phenomenal'.

Stan 'The man' Collymore still holds the biggest amount of shirt sales.At his time at Villa Park,40% of shirts had his name and number on the back but Greenfield says Bent is on his way to surpassing Stan in the all time Villa name and number shirt sales number.

In 3rd and 4th position are Albrighton 12 and Delph 16 respectively.Shay Given comes in at number 5.

'Villa 4 Life' and McGrath 5 are also popular.

albrighton300.jpg

Apparently,there will be Player signing events in the upcoming weeks.

Buy your Home or Away kits by visiting a Villa store or ordering it oline by following this link.

http://www.astonvilladirect.com/stores/astonvilla/default_kits.aspx?nav=KITS

I hope everybody is enjoying wearing their ki because I am.

Up The Villa.

In Mcleish and Lerner I trust.

Keep the faith.

Roll on 2011/2012.

Come on The Claret and Blues. :thumbsup:

So according to the below, Nzog may not be fit for the season opener, and he is behind his team mates when it comes to fitness, but he may be available to play for France, but not for the Villa :question:

ALEX McLeish hopes Villa’s prospects of getting Charles N’Zogbia ready for the Premier League kick-off are not scuppered by a France friendly next week.

N’Zogbia will train with the claret and blues for only the second time today and is expected to make his debut against Braga in Portugal on Saturday. But the former Wigan winger is behind his Villa team-mates in terms of fitness after a summer disrupted by international duty and his £9.5 million move.

McLeish wants N’Zogbia fit enough for at least a substitutes’ role when his team start their Premier League campaign at Fulham a week on Saturday.

But the boss admits his plans for N’Zogbia could be curtailed if the new signing is called up for next Wednesday’s France friendly against Chile.

“He is only doing running at the moment and he has not joined in with any of the football so he is a little bit behind in that respect so we’re trying to give a crash course before next weekend,” said McLeish.

“But I think Charles is going to join us very quickly in terms of the games because he played into the summer with the French team.

“So he’s not had as big a lay-off as the rest of the players.

“They’ve been working hard for the last two or three weeks.

“Charles did a bit of pre-season, I think he did 24 hours or so with Wigan before he had a little break last week, which he didn’t get after playing with France in the summer.

“We’ll be looking to get Charles involved right away, he’ll come to Braga, hopefully he’ll play at the weekend. As to how many minutes he plays that remains to be seen.”

McLeish is yet to receive confirmation of whether N’Zogbia will be required to report for France duty in midweek, just three days before Villa’s season opener at Craven Cottage.

Asked if he still expects N’Zogbia to be ready for the Fulham game, the manager replied: “I don’t know – we’ll get a good indication of that this weekend and also in the training next week.

“I believe he’s been picked to play for France, but we’ve not had confirmation yet of that one. But there’s internationals next week.

“That would curtail our plans and training a little bit if he’s missing, but we don’t think Charles is too far away.

“We actually thought about giving him 20 minutes against Derby, but we thought it would be better if we had a couple of training sessions.”

Villa lost 2-0 to Derby at Pride Park in last night’s penultimate pre-season friendly with the manager continuing with a 4-4-1-1 formation despite rotating his squad.

“In terms of Darren Bent I think it is a system which suits him, but of course he needs to be surrounded by the right personnel and that is the key factor for that system.

“We still have the option of going with two strikers up front with Emile Heskey, Gabby Agbonlahor or Nathan Delfouneso.

“Don’t forget we also have Charles N’Zogbia to come in. There were seven players missing against Derby who we allowed to rest.”

This was my concern when i heard he was sat chilling out on beaches and people on here were going oh he will be keeping fit and will be fine then we hear this.

Aston Villa new boy Charles N’Zogbia has revealed that he thinks the club can still challenge for a place in top six despite losing key players this summer.

The French international signed for the Villa Park outfit at the end of July following the departures of Ashley Young and Stewart Downing to Manchester United and Liverpool respectively.

And he believes he has the ability to replace Aston Villa’s outgoing wingers.

He said: "I've been working hard for the last two seasons, and I know I can replace them, no problem, if I'm 100%.

"I can show people how good I am and what I can do so for me it's a great opportunity."

And N’Zogbia is confident the Villans still have enough quality to challenge for a European place.

He said: "Top six would be a good challenge, and we definitely have the players to do that. We've lost two good players and we have to recover what we've lost."

N'Zogbia isn't really a MF, he is more of an attacking winger.

N'Zogbia isn't really a MF, he is more of an attacking winger.

normally i agree but after his debut season i would say he is bad is all positions

normally i agree but after his debut season i would say he is bad is all positions

To be fair a lot of players played badly last season, we got to give Nzogbia a fresh start!

Biggest waste of 10 million quid ever....Didn't rate him at Newcastle or Wigan, and a waste of space IMO.........Lets see how he does in the EURO's.......OH WAIT.....He's so shite he didn't make the squad....get rid of this over-paid, over rated, egotistical t*sser. (BTW I don't rate or like him)

Biggest waste of 10 million quid ever....Didn't rate him at Newcastle or Wigan, and a waste of space IMO.........Lets see how he does in the EURO's.......OH WAIT.....He's so shite he didn't make the squad....get rid of this over-paid, over rated, egotistical t*sser. (BTW I don't rate or like him)

that's funny.like david moyes shirt.

Yeah because France has a shortage of quality wingers.

Yeah because France has a shortage of quality wingers.

Exactly...thats why N'Zogbia wasn't picked....he's neither quality or a winger.

Exactly...thats why N'Zogbia wasn't picked....he's neither quality or a winger.

He does have quality, just really didn't do much this past season

He does have quality, just really didn't do much this past season

Sorry to disagree, he has no quality, if he did he had ample opportunity to show it last season and didn't. If PL doesn't pick him (if we keep him) it will only be a matter of time before N'Z throws his toys out of the pram (Again). We don't need that type of pre-maddona at the club.

Sorry to disagree, he has no quality, if he did he had ample opportunity to show it last season and didn't. If PL doesn't pick him (if we keep him) it will only be a matter of time before N'Z throws his toys out of the pram (Again). We don't need that type of pre-maddona at the club.

Thing is, we all accept just how poor a manager Mcleish was, and how negatively poor his tactics were, so why are we as fans, always judging players on their performances under that clown?

Not picking a fight, because i think Zoggy is a prima -donna, but we tend to sound rather silly when we do the above.

My rationale for calling him a prima-donna goes well back before he signed for us. Hes always be known to be a sulky, lazy little bugger with a skill for throwing his toys out of the pram if he does not get his own way. I even have a suspicion that he never really wanted to sign for us, waiting to the last minute for Sunderland or Liverpool to come in for him.

They never, and he was then left in limbo, signing for a manager he had no respect for even before playing for him!

Anyway, that circus has gone now, and im willing to give him a chance, though i would not loose much sleep if Lambert did sell him.

Well, you can't blame McLeish for everything. If Dunne falls asleep and forgets to mark his man, it's not because of McLeish's tactics. In the same way, if N'Zogbia tries to dribble past the full back, but constantly bumps into him, it's his mistake, not the tactics'.

I know it was only a friendly but Nzogiba was very selfish!

How surprising!

If he played for the team and not for himself we would have a tremendous asset.

I hope PL can fix his head. So far, nobody has, so I'm not getting my hopes up too much...

He's a useless lazy c**t however ......

If he chooses to play he could potentially change the game, he just can't be arsed.

I know it was only a friendly but Nzogiba was very selfish!

He was also the laziest fecker on the pitch. LA and I tried to 'encourage' him with some screaming but it didn't work.

Lambert has his work cut out for him with Zoggy.