Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

avstu

Shay Given (2011-15)

Is anybody else concerned by the fitness of Shay Given?

It seems over the past few weeks that he has been picking up niggling injuries and Ireland are nursing him so he is OK for Euro 2012, but what about after?

Its no secret that hes knocking on so playing a summer of football with very little break before the EPL kick off - could this really hurt us next season?

Is anybody else concerned by the fitness of Shay Given?

It seems over the past few weeks that he has been picking up niggling injuries and Ireland are nursing him so he is OK for Euro 2012, but what about after?

Its no secret that hes knocking on so playing a summer of football with very little break before the EPL kick off - could this really hurt us next season?

This is where Given becomes an issue, injuries seem to limit him during the season, remeber his first few games when he could not take the free kicks?

I wish he had the fitness and resilience of Friedal

i am worried about shays fitness, i think he has been playing all season with a niggling little injury that time would help clear up.

Saying that i would not want to stop no man (or woman, Anne) representing their country especially in a major championship.

On the bright side Shay will only be playing 3 games then he can watch the knockout stages at home lol

i am worried about shays fitness, i think he has been playing all season with a niggling little injury that time would help clear up.

Saying that i would not want to stop no man (or woman, Anne) representing their country especially in a major championship.

On the bright side Shay will only be playing 3 games then he can watch the knockout stages at home lol

He'll have Joe Hart for company :)

This competition is massive for the Rep of Ireland so I would never expect him not to play.

This was my issue though when we signing him and I can only see it getting worse. He still has four years left on his contract and things will only get worse.