FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

The SPL Thread

Nicolas

I have to say this thread has been a cracking read from start to finish, had to LMAO at thet pic :thumbsup: Just the pick me up i needed after all the dross cracking off at our club at the mo.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just been reading some of the posts on here and i have to say that both Celtic and Rangers with there current teams would not survive in THE Premier League.

Rangers and Celtic are both big fish in a very small pond.

Also why should they even be considered to join THE Premier League ? If they were to be asked then surely they would have start at the Conference and then work their way up.

P.S. please don't spout on about Rangers draw at the temple of doom and Celtic this that and the other. It was your cup final and you upped your game :whistling:

image.png

Championeeeeee Championeeeee Olee Oleee Oleeeee

You need people like me so people like you can point your fcuking fingers and say there's the bad guy

Just been reading some of the posts on here and i have to say that both Celtic and Rangers with there current teams would not survive in THE Premier League.

Rangers and Celtic are both big fish in a very small pond.

Also why should they even be considered to join THE Premier League ? If they were to be asked then surely they would have start at the Conference and then work their way up.

P.S. please don't spout on about Rangers draw at the temple of doom and Celtic this that and the other. It was your cup final and you upped your game :whistling:

You know nothing about our team then do you honestly think blackpool wolves wigan etc are better than us in their tiny wee stadium with no noise or atmosphere your very narrow minded then imo but i agree if we ever left scotland to come down we'l have to start at the bottom(conference) but were scottish & must stay in the SPL

What is it you cant seem to understand ''if we got to play in the EPL we would have the same funds from sky etc a big league to attract the best players we have a great & unique history a Fierce derby & play in front of 60,000 fans which we could get far more if upgraded to say 70-80thousand if playing in the EPL our fans are extremely passionate & live & breath celtic we make far more noise colour & atmosphere than ANY club in the EPL, or would you rather go to say a spurs or everton who play in front of 30-40thousand & you could hear a pin drop at most grounds.

and what this its our cup final dont ye know we were the 1st team to bring the european cup to these shore's ;) played in the highest ever european attendance ever 136,thousand at hampden v leeds 1970 & recently played in a uefa cup final taking 80,thousand fans to seville.Wher's RF n nicky bhoy theyll agree wi me :)

m2ThHd1o-KvVhMbtbmLiE8Q.jpg

controversial_dimitri.png

You know nothing about our team then do you honestly think blackpool wolves wigan etc are better than us in their tiny wee stadium with no noise or atmosphere your very narrow minded then imo but i agree if we ever left scotland to come down we'l have to start at the bottom(conference) but were scottish & must stay in the SPL

What is it you cant seem to understand ''if we got to play in the EPL we would have the same funds from sky etc a big league to attract the best players we have a great & unique history a Fierce derby & play in front of 60,000 fans which we could get far more if upgraded to say 70-80thousand if playing in the EPL our fans are extremely passionate & live & breath celtic we make far more noise colour & atmosphere than ANY club in the EPL, or would you rather go to say a spurs or everton who play in front of 30-40thousand & you could hear a pin drop at most grounds.

and what this its our cup final dont ye know we were the 1st team to bring the european cup to these shore's ;) played in the highest ever european attendance ever 136,thousand at hampden v leeds 1970 & recently played in a uefa cup final taking 80,thousand fans to seville.Wher's RF n nicky bhoy theyll agree wi me :) within 4-5yrs us & der hun would be competing for the title :thumbsup:

and what this its our cup final dont ye know we were the 1st team to bring the european cup to these shore's ;) played in the highest ever european attendance ever 136,thousand at hampden v leeds 1970 & recently played in a uefa cup final taking 80,thousand fans to seville.Wher's RF n nicky bhoy theyll agree wi me :)

Firstly Scott,I think youre being very harsh.Spurs,Everton,Blackpool and Wolves all have very good fans,home and away.Particularly,I enjoy watching Blackpool fans on YouTube as there really good fans.

I do think that the SPL is slightly pathetic with only Rangers and Celtic battling for the title.

The table is like this:

Rangers-78

Celtic-75

Hearts-40

Dundee Utd-37

It's crazy.The Prem would be more competetive.

No to them starting at The Conference.I mean for gods sake.Torquay vs Celtic infront of 50,000 people. :thumbdown:

The championship is where they should start.

Yes Celtic have an atmosphere I respect so much,you wouldn't imagine.

It would be a lot of travelling for fans to go to Glasgow but I'd like to see Rangers and Celtic in the prem but I do think it's unfair Scott,to put little teams like Blackpool in this and insult their fans. :confused:

0,,10265~9846563,00.jpg

villa-t-shirts.jpg

Firstly, does it even matter as it won't happen?

Secondly, you are a bit naive to think that because of your history and your fans you will be competing for the title in a few years if you did. You may not have meant it like that but that is how it seems to be coming across.

Thirdly, you are a Scottish team, why would you even want to move into the English league?

Having had the "pleasure" of living in Glasgow for 5 years I know more than you think.

Who gives a toss how many fans attend your home games. You lost the league title against Motherwell (again) and you had more fans there than Motherwell so your argument about big attendances is bull.

136,000 thousand fans at Hampden - well done, we had 76,488 at a home game against Derby in the Fa Cup once upon a time but it will not happen again. Last point, I was in the Rangers end at Celtic Park when Rangers won 2 nil, Amc was Rangers manager and MON was Celtic manager, your lot are that loyal that you started sneeking out with 10 mins left. Reminded me of Newcastle fans.

image.png

Championeeeeee Championeeeee Olee Oleee Oleeeee

You need people like me so people like you can point your fcuking fingers and say there's the bad guy

Firstly, does it even matter as it won't happen?

Secondly, you are a bit naive to think that because of your history and your fans you will be competing for the title in a few years if you did. You may not have meant it like that but that is how it seems to be coming across.

Thirdly, you are a Scottish team, why would you even want to move into the English league?

Firstly,aye it probally wont happen karl(unless sky has there say) & tbh i dont want to play in the EPL as were scottish but you must admit if we were there it would defenetly make the prem better & spice things up

seconly,IMO were bigger than arsenal & Chelski maybe not better though only Man utd & Liverpool are bigger than us so we would attract the best players of Arsenal's/chelsea's calibre so within a few yrs we'd be comepting for the title

thirdly, you's probally think im some mad scotsman having a rant :wacko:

Archived