FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Charles N'zogbia signs for Villa

Hup da Villa

First of all i dont rate downing at £20 million, yeah he's good but how much better than albrighton? not too much i'd say.

Now for Zog, not only is he entering the last year of his contract, he may be a good player, but how many players look good in smaller teams then move to a bigger team only to become rather ordinary, big fish small pond, small fish big pond, i believe is the expression.

Even though i personally believe Zog would do well for us he is still a gamble, where as Downing would be less of a gamble.

Downing is quite a bit better than Marc. Albrighton is a very good young player, but he is still a young, inexperienced player. He tries to do too much down the wing and hits about 5 out of 10 crosses into the seats. He will be good, but comparing him to a finished player like Downing is not even close, or fair to Marc for that matter.

Believe me coming from the Baseball culture I do, (for those of you who do not know, every baseball team has 4-6 "minor league" teams under them. They own all the players playing in those teams and can call them up to the "big leagues" [MLB] anytime they want. It is basically a huge academy system) I understand the believe in the kids/give the kids a chance mentality most fans have, but the simple fact is the kids are not ready. They can make up for that for a while with sheer determination and excitement, but eventually they need the experience. The good news this year is players like Foz, Marc, Bannan, Clark, and hopefully Lichaj will get that experience, but it is going to be a painful process.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think N'Zogbia is likely to be a good signing if we do buy him. Wigan know very well they are fighting a losing battle in trying to keep him, so naturally enough they want the best price possible when they lose his services. However, wanting to get a certain price for a player is not automatically the same thing as being guaranteed to get it. We may yet see him in a Villa shirt but if we do I doubt it will be for the kind of money that the Wigan Chairman Whelan is looking for. Unfortunately the longer nothing definite happens on the transfer front with any player where Villa are concerned, the more I increasingly doubt N'Zogbia will end up at Villa Park. While we all know that Villa will quite rightly keep details of any transfer targets and associated negotiations secret it does nothing to help dispel doubts we may have and without something more than the speculation around I am getting a bit sceptical and/ or pessimistic. Maybe I'm just getting impatient! On the positive side- why should we assume that Downing will be allowed to leave if N'Zogbia joins us? I'd like to see them both in the same Villa team- and to hell with Liverpool.

I don't think nzog should be seen as a replacement for downing he's the replacement for AY so if downing goes we'll nedd nzog +1.

And I think whealan is playing the game right not like us chuck in a high number get worked down we just say oh you want him well tell us what you've got in your back pocket and that'll do

controversial.png

When I was just a little boy i asked my mother what shall i beee.

Shall i be villa shall i be blues, Here's what she said to me......

YOU KNOW THE REST

I don't think nzog should be seen as a replacement for downing he's the replacement for AY so if downing goes we'll nedd nzog +1.

And I think whealan is playing the game right not like us chuck in a high number get worked down we just say oh you want him well tell us what you've got in your back pocket and that'll do

N'Zogbia is as good on the left as on the right! Albrighton is AY's replacement, just imo!

“Each smallest act of kindness, reverberates across great distances and spans of time --affecting lives unknown to the one who’s generous spirit, was the source of this good echo. Because kindness is passed on and grows each time it’s passed until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage, years later, and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.”

N'Zogbia is a left footer i believe??

his style of play would make him a closer replacement to young rather than downing, as i feel Albrightons style is closer to Downings... like, Albrighton doesnt have Youngs trickery or explosive pace imo, he is more like Downing in the way he has a more simple style of playing.

it all amounts to the same thing tho, the details on who replaces who doesnt really matter, we just need to get N'Zogbia in, and i still think thats even if Downing ends up staying.

PREDICTIONLEAGUE.gif

XBOX Gamertag : VillAlMiGhtY

N'Zogbia is a left footer i believe??

his style of play would make him a closer replacement to young rather than downing, as i feel Albrightons style is closer to Downings... like, Albrighton doesnt have Youngs trickery or explosive pace imo, he is more like Downing in the way he has a more simple style of playing.

it all amounts to the same thing tho, the details on who replaces who doesnt really matter, we just need to get N'Zogbia in, and i still think thats even if Downing ends up staying.

Not disagreeing with but when he has played on the left for Wigan he looks comfortable and just as good??

“Each smallest act of kindness, reverberates across great distances and spans of time --affecting lives unknown to the one who’s generous spirit, was the source of this good echo. Because kindness is passed on and grows each time it’s passed until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage, years later, and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.”

To be fair it doesnt really matter who plays on which side & I would

like to see Zog & super marc swapping wings during matches to keep the

opposition full backs on their toes.

Cuz we're the pride of Birmingham & we shall not be moved!!!

SSN have just reported that Newcastle have started off with a £4M bid----Wigan want £10M

if he is the boy you want ---you better get busy Big Eck,

maybe we shall soon see, :question:

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

Archived