FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Charles N'zogbia signs for Villa

Hup da Villa

Shay Given hopes that Charles N'Zogbia will join him in moving to Aston Villa this summer.

Former Manchester City goalkeeper Given became Alex McLeish's first signing at Villa Park when he arrived on a five-year contract earlier in July.

N'Zogbia is set to be the next new face after being identified as a suitable replacement for Stewart Downing and Ashley Young.

A £9.5million fee has been agreed with Wigan and, having played with the winger at Newcastle, Given is well aware of the attributes that the 25-year-old possesses.

Speaking in Hong Kong, where Villa are taking part in the pre-season Asia Trophy, the Republic of Ireland international said of N'Zogbia: "He has had a fantastic couple of years at Wigan and will be a great addition to the squad."

He added: "The last couple of years at Wigan, he has really matured as a player and was probably one of their best players. Hopefully he can continue that at Aston Villa."

Given continued: "He brings a real attacking influence to the team. Defenders don't like playing against him.

"He's quick and strong when running with the ball and has an eye for goal as well. I think he is a very good player."

Sky Sports

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers to all the well wisher's it was a big op had to be opened right up in the end so I'm going to be here for a while.

but back on to subject. I think nzog is a done deal I think that's why whealen let him go off on holiday. Also it said somewhere personal terms were agreed over the phone and he can't go to asia so maybe they just said you may as well stay out there he'll be keeping fit in the gym in his hotel.

Let's just hope if/when he comes this 5 year contract has some intent behind it to be loyal to the club.

Sorry to hear that your in hospital Skyba,--best wishes for a speedy recovery, hope you are ok and home well before the new season with all that it promises, is underway. :thumbsup:

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

the speed of which we do business is shocking, lol

at this rate i think it would be a good idea to make a start NOW on the January targets.

N'Zogbia hopefully is done and dusted albeit the paper work, good deal imo, better than Downing imo and half the price!

Young we will miss tho, for all his fualts, moaning, diving etc, i do think he will leave a gap that we probably wont fill right away.

-Good Luck on your road to recovery Skyba, guess you'll be around the forum more than usual over the next few days/weeks now eh?

Not too much for the next few day's they've got me on an epidural aswell as patient administered morphine so it's taking me a while to write anythin on my phone because I can't see lol

controversial.png

When I was just a little boy i asked my mother what shall i beee.

Shall i be villa shall i be blues, Here's what she said to me......

YOU KNOW THE REST

The former Birmingham City boss commented: "We're arranging a medical for Charles and, pending that, he should be a Villa player next week."

The medical was supposed to be today according to most of yesterdays papers now its Friday! Shouldnt the manager have said "he will be a Villa player next week" With the problems he had with him last time I dont think AM is 100% confident

Is Charlie back in England yet...I wonder.

I can answer my own question.Apparently in the Times today it says Aston Villa admit they do not know when Charles N'Zogbia will be returning to the UK.

Now I should imagine N,Zogbia has a mobile and Wigan have his number so its likely that Faulkner(unless hes on the freebie in Hong Kong)has tried to contact him without success. Anybody smell a rat.

Charlie boy is taking the wotsit out of our club and it seems he has the upper hand because Villas officials are not pressing for him to return.

What hes hoping is that Everton or Sunderland come in while hes dragging it out and then he can stay up north

So no medical and no pay negotitions yet thats why McCleish was talking about next week...and then the transfer deadline no doubt.

Shame the club and our fans have to put up with this rubbish. We all deserve better.

POUNTNEY

Eh up lads

Not been on for a while been away but have just got back and i know its off the subject but have you all recieved your season tickets as mine and me bro's have not arrived yet and i'm starting to get worried

Do you know how much flack our Club will catch if this signing falls through. All the good work thus far pre season will count for nothing come the opening fixture and we dont have him in our team. I understand that because we are away in

Eh up lads

Not been on for a while been away but have just got back and i know its off the subject but have you all recieved your season tickets as mine and me bro's have not arrived yet and i'm starting to get worried

Haven't had mine yet

Hong Kong and Zog on Hols makes it a little more prolonged but i would of thought that the player would be cutting his holiday short by a day or two and show a bit of enthusiasm, maybe thats just his personality though. Its a little frustrating when you see Man City tie up such a big transfer as Aguero in a matter of two or so days and we are plodding along almost believing he is ours and nobody could hijack the deal. A bit of anxiety is creeping in among us fans again me thinks

N'zogbia is in the Midlands having his medical today according to Talksport.

“Each smallest act of kindness, reverberates across great distances and spans of time --affecting lives unknown to the one who’s generous spirit, was the source of this good echo. Because kindness is passed on and grows each time it’s passed until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage, years later, and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.”

he will sign and prob has signed already but i dont think anything really will be announced until after we beat chelsea tomorrow. no need t announce him until the lads are coming back from hong kong.

Archived