FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Charles N'zogbia signs for Villa

Hup da Villa

Just hope he aint to far behind on fitness.

I don't think we have to worry about that, as these guys know how to keep themselves fit even in off season, may need a game ot 2 to get totally back up to speed, but I doub't this either. He'll be rarinmg to go.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whether the fact that he didn't go on pre-season with Wigan will affect his medical,I don't know but he'll have to do plenty of work with the fitness coach.If we can get the deal done soon,he can play away at Derby and Braga.

0,,10265~9846563,00.jpg

villa-t-shirts.jpg

He will be keeping himself fit. He may have missed a bit of pre-season and some of the double sessions, but I bet he will still pass the bleep test and p*ss the medical. Some guys are naturally fit and he looks like one of them.

Needs to get in some games though, because no matter what level of fitness it does not give you that match sharpness. Sooner the deal done the better.

Alex McLeish does not expect to add any more than one new face to his Aston Villa squad ahead of the start of the season.

The Midlanders, who edged out Blackburn 1-0 to reach the final of the Barclays Asia Trophy on Wednesday, have almost completed a deal to bring Charles N'Zogbia to Villa Park from Wigan.

And manager McLeish concedes the Frenchman's arrival will most likely be the last before the end of the summer transfer window.

"You can never say never but at the moment if we get N'Zogbia, which is looking good, then it's unlikely we will do anything unless there's more trading with the players we already have in the squad," he said.

"At the moment we don't plan to do any more business, I believe we've got some great young players and we've got one or two sleepers in there that could emerge."

Departure

McLeish is unconcerned over the gap in his squad left by Ashley Young after the winger departed for Manchester United earlier this summer.

He added: "I know Ashley Young's boots are big ones to fill but there are one or two players that could emerge as a result of Ashley leaving the club."

Club owner Randy Lerner has one eye on Uefa's Financial Fair Play regulations, which will be implemented based on clubs' financial results from the upcoming season and the 2012-13 campaign.

And McLeish acknowledged: "We're watching the wages don't spiral out of control. Even bringing in free transfers, everybody thinks they don't cost you anything but they could be 50-60 grand a week in wages and it just escalates the wage bill out of all proportion.

"Randy Lerner has already stated that he wants to keep it tighter and work within a means and that's normal, especially with 2013 coming up, and I believe a lot of clubs will follow suit.

"We have a good squad, I have to pay respect to the lads that are already there, they're on big wages and I can't just discard them."

Sky Sports

Right now if this is done and dusted I'm sure people can be forgiven on questioning RL's ambition.

On a better note brilliant if nzog signs on the line

controversial.png

When I was just a little boy i asked my mother what shall i beee.

Shall i be villa shall i be blues, Here's what she said to me......

YOU KNOW THE REST

Not when everything that happens leads you to doubt his ambition.

You just seem to think anyone who has anything to say against randy is wrong.

I look at what happening and come to a concluusion as to what I thinnk is happening

Whereas many others seem to decide how happy they want to be and then say what they think will make that fit.

Anyway I'm not arguing today I'm lying in a hospital bed jacked up on morphine and epidural drugs. Lol

controversial.png

When I was just a little boy i asked my mother what shall i beee.

Shall i be villa shall i be blues, Here's what she said to me......

YOU KNOW THE REST

You just seem to think anyone who has anything to say against randy is wrong.

I look at what happening and come to a concluusion as to what I thinnk is happening

Whereas many others seem to decide how happy they want to be and then say what they think will make that fit.

Anyway I'm not arguing today I'm lying in a hospital bed jacked up on morphine and epidural drugs. Lol

On behalf of everybody on the forum..get well soon!

POUNTNEY

Archived