FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Charles N'zogbia signs for Villa

Hup da Villa

I think the big threat we will have this year is that we hopefully will have a winger in Zoggy who is looking to take it past defenders and not only run at them but beat them aswell, rather than checking back to cross the ball. As someone said, we dont have a big man leading the line so it may be that DB will get more goals by anticipating the areas Zoggy will run into and get himself into the best positions. And tbf, Albrighton can beat players too aswell as having a good delivery so i think we have both angles covered in that respect.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah Bent came to villa because he knew with the service Young and Downing would provide he was guaranteed to get goals and look good, now both Young and Downing have gone to different clubs, but the service from Albrighton and N'Zogbia will easily match and will probably even surpass their predecessors, and even though it might take a few months for it all to click i think come January, with maybe a couple more signings aswell, we'll be looking forward to a good strong push for europe. :) if we don't have hope what do we have?

Plus when you add on top of that Stevie Eireland, the play maker pulling the strings, putting Charlie boy and Marc in behind, stretching defenses and pinging the ball into Benty... we are going to see some great attacking play, god willing. :sp_drool2:

think zoggy and albrighton are an improvement on downing and young neither of whom are the greatest suppliers as bent got most of his goals on the road.albrightons a better crosser than those two and zoggy beats people which at home you need more as were the aggressers.if AM gets ireland firing we really could surprise teams this season.with delph and bannan as well we could be great to watch. :thumbsup:

can see AM playing counter football. The likes of NZog, Ireland, Albrighton and Bent with two DM in Delph and Makoun.

Cant see much goals coming from headers.

Lets all calm down a little, not meaning to sound negative but all that has happened is our bid accepted. Have personal terms been agreed or even discussed?

Remember that SHA had gotten to this stage with N'zogbia but talks failed!!

Like i say i am not being negative but the deal is far from done yet!

Right on the mark Loyal. SSN have just advised me that N'Zogbia isnt coming back from his holiday until Friday!! Which makes me wonder how come he was allowed to go on holiday by Wigan when 1. He should be in the country available to meet whoever Wigan had agreed a fee with at short notice.2.He should be training flat out to achieve pre season fitness and not lazing on a beach in Dubai.

He could be trying to drag this out for all kinds of reasons and hes being paid by Wigan to do it

Ive been round the block a few times and I sound negative but I think we could have problems with Charlie boy, talented..yes..but he likes to do things his own way.A team player..definately not!

POUNTNEY

Ive been round the block a few times and I sound negative but I think we could have problems with Charlie boy, talented..yes..but he likes to do things his own way.A team player..definately not!

Exactly what worrys me about him too

Right on the mark Loyal. SSN have just advised me that N'Zogbia isnt coming back from his holiday until Friday!! Which makes me wonder how come he was allowed to go on holiday by Wigan when 1. He should be in the country available to meet whoever Wigan had agreed a fee with at short notice.2.He should be training flat out to achieve pre season fitness and not lazing on a beach in Dubai.

He could be trying to drag this out for all kinds of reasons and hes being paid by Wigan to do it

Everyone seems to pick on N'Zogbia because he is fairly honest he wants to get paid the most and he wants to move to bigger clubs to achieve things.

Nowadays loyalty is out the window and most of are the same, looking at Downing he couldnt wait to get a move to Liverpool and the same with Milner just because they keep quiet and just get agents etc to do it all doesnt mean they arent the same as N'Zogbia.

He told the French press: “The move is not made yet. I must agree on the terms of the contract.

“Liverpool or Arsenal could have positioned themselves but I would still go to Villa – it has been two to three weeks and the club has done everything to have me.”

sounds like another Downing :roll:

990x360_exact-contentpage_990x36010.jpg

King_Crutchlow.png

Archived