FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Gareth Barry

The Aston Villan

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If his release clause was 4m then we would have accepted a bid from Liverpool because they offered considerably more. And he hasnt signed a new deal as i am aware.

If thats right then thats a terible bit of business by Villa and they are stupid for letting him have that in his contract. Finding another midfielder of his caliber is not going to be easy, especially when MON isn't willing to splash out.

If we lose Barry for as little as £4mill and MON doesn't already have a player either as good or better than our next season won't be quite as good as Sidwell just isn't good enough.

Rocksteady FC

GT: BigZombieMonkey
If thats right then thats a terible bit of business by Villa and they are stupid for letting him have that in his contract. Finding another midfielder of his caliber is not going to be easy, especially when MON isn't willing to splash out.

If we lose Barry for as little as £4mill and MON doesn't already have a player either as good or better than our next season won't be quite as good as Sidwell just isn't good enough.

This isnt anything Villa could have done anything about, this is UEFA regulations, when a player reaches the last 12 months of his contract he can buy himself out of it & move to a club in a different country but not within the same country.

As for amove to Man City, cant see it happening, his big argument for moving on was to play CL football, man City wont have that next season & there is no guarantee they will get it in the future regardless of how much money they have.

avfc.jpg
This isnt anything Villa could have done anything about, this is UEFA regulations, when a player reaches the last 12 months of his contract he can buy himself out of it & move to a club in a different country but not within the same country.

As for amove to Man City, cant see it happening, his big argument for moving on was to play CL football, man City wont have that next season & there is no guarantee they will get it in the future regardless of how much money they have.

I don't think he'll leave for Man City but I can see him going to Liverpool. I mean for one it means the spotlight and pressure is off of him as Gerrard will always be the focus for Liverpool fans when it comes to the midfield.

As for that rule i never knew that but how does that work with 1 year contracts? I think that's one of the dumbest rules I've ver heard of. I mean whats the point in signing contracts if you can just buy your way out of them. It gives clubs no chance of holding onto their best players and it means the players have more power than the club thats paying them.... crazy.

Rocksteady FC

GT: BigZombieMonkey

Archived