FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Villa Chants

The Aston Villan

come on them Villa1874 wheres your contribution to new songs considering us 'braindead unimaginative lot at the back of the holte' dont start any.

Seems its only the back of the holte that start the songs though, otherwise there may be new songs considering there'd be a bigger contribution.

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

at least i'm not insulting him...

may not be aimed at me specifically but a bit of stereotype. maybe means i must be chav who only sings constantly on about the blues and about cups i wasnt born to witness also.

but not all of us are like that, like not all of us are braindead and unimaginative. exactly like, not all the people that sit at the front of the holte and in other stands are quiet and boring.

In a neat looking stand they call the holte end,

An aston villa fan I was bound,

And many's the happy hour

I have spent in that famous old stand.

The fans they sing with great passion,

And caused me to stray from the scum,

Far away from the city and albion,

Who many times we have won.

Chorus

In 82, back in Rotterdam,

We were crowned the pride of the land,

And in the holte end we shall remain,

To see O'neills men do it again!

To the tune of the dubliners - Black Velvet Band

Before you try criticising it or saying it doesent go, just imagine thousands of villa fans singing it.........it would be magnificent. A new song to a tune that i havent heard another team sing to before.

OUR MOTTO- PREPARED...."to play to the best of our ability; to involve our fans in everything we do; to champion the game of football and to be active members of our local community"

beeranfootballcopyqq2hh2.png

i like it have sung it in my head and it does go and it would sould fantastic to hear it bellowing from the Holte... Now Macca all you gotta do is get that printed about 14,000 times and ask the guys on the turnstiles to hand it out

I submitted it to the birmingham mail website, with a bit of luck they will publish it! so keep an eye out.

I challenged all villa fans fed up of the same old songs to come up with something new and something we can be proud of when singing.

OUR MOTTO- PREPARED...."to play to the best of our ability; to involve our fans in everything we do; to champion the game of football and to be active members of our local community"

well as i live in London you will have to post it on here if it gets published

My effort from the last Forum was to the tune of Nicklebacks Rockstar which went like this

we all wanna be big Villa Fans

standing in the Holte End drinking 15 cans

The Goals come easy and the wins do thrill

and we will all go mental coz we think its brill

and we will hang out in Aston Park

being very happy till it gets dark

every good Villa fan is gonna wind up there

even Hercules the Lion with his Golden blond hair

Hey hey i wanna be a Villa fan

www.birminghammail.net look out on there :D

Haha thats wicked, i dont think its one you could get thousands singing but could definately imagine it at an away game in a packed out pub :P nice work!

In a neat looking stand they call the holte end,

An aston villa fan I was bound,

And many's the happy hour

I have spent in that famous old stand.

The fans they sing with great passion,

And caused me to stray from the scum,

Far away from the city and albion,

Who many times we have won.

Chorus

In 82, back in Rotterdam,

We were crowned the pride of the land,

And in the holte end we shall remain,

To see O'neills men do it again!

To the tune of the dubliners - Black Velvet Band

what a tune !!!!!!

can't see the Birmingham Mail publishing it cause it says scum !!!!

Before you try criticising it or saying it doesent go, just imagine thousands of villa fans singing it.........it would be magnificent. A new song to a tune that i havent heard another team sing to before.

image.png

Championeeeeee Championeeeee Olee Oleee Oleeeee

You need people like me so people like you can point your fcuking fingers and say there's the bad guy

Just a quick post on the `chants` thread.

Me and my mates now sit in the Trinity Road stand, after spending the best part of 30 years on the sacred terrace from the mid sixties onwards. I know you are thinking `old git` but believe me i wish we were back there, it was great!

The current crop of Holte enders can make a lot of noise, no doubt about it, but one thing that is different from previous years is the songs for players, it always seems to be for example, "There`s only one......" [Mellberg], chanting and repeating the surname a few times [bouma], or simply `shooooot` [Petrov].

I hate, like the rest of you, ManUre and Liverpool to name but two, but you have to say they have plenty of songs, and for the majority of their players, rather than a quick chant of their surname. Even then it seems to be the same players who get their names chanted.

Going back a few years we had some great songs/chants for players and with the excitng batch of players we have now, surely we can come up with a few. Where are the songs for some of the countries most exciting players, Ashley Young, Milner, Reo Coker, Barry, Davies, or the more experienced pros like Stan Petrov, the brilliant Laursen.

It doesn`t matter if they are not your favourite player, just get a song going, get the Holte rocking even more.

Iam in no way suggesting i have new songs or ideas, and no way as i say am i knocking the lads up the Holte, but i`ll leave the new songs to you younger guys, we have had our turn, unfortunately!

Come on! any song, any player, any tune just do it!

• avstu unpinned this topic

Archived