FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

forevaavillan1

Stand-in manager Gary McAllister says Gerard Houllier will only return to work when doctors say he can - but revealed 'exciting' summer targets were being lined up.

McAllister is already looking forward to next season with great optimism.

He said: "We've got good players here. They've proved that. They've proved that in the past.

"We are starting to look forward. We are blessed with some good young and good experienced players.

"If Gerard (Houllier), myself and Gordon Cowans (first team coach) in the summer can attract the targets we want to get here, we know we can be an exciting team - and we will be."

Probably just Season ticket sales spiel, just what the Polaticians do to sell themsleves to the voter. Oh well Bent was a shock, so one never knows.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stand-in manager Gary McAllister says Gerard Houllier will only return to work when doctors say he can - but revealed 'exciting' summer targets were being lined up.

McAllister is already looking forward to next season with great optimism.

He said: "We've got good players here. They've proved that. They've proved that in the past.

"We are starting to look forward. We are blessed with some good young and good experienced players.

"If Gerard (Houllier), myself and Gordon Cowans (first team coach) in the summer can attract the targets we want to get here, we know we can be an exciting team - and we will be."

Probably just Season ticket sales spiel, just what the Polaticians do to sell themsleves to the voter. Oh well Bent was a shock, so one never knows.

Yeah after the Bent deal its hard to say what to expect now. Might just be PR rambles as you say or might be legit

tumblr_lpax8yxyfy1qip14mo1_500.gif

meetmember.png          member.png

Hope these words are true. Good to know signings have already been identified early on. If that's the case, lets hope they get brought in early and get a good pre season with the team.

Poor season this year but still quite optimistic about next season, but think it could be quite a defining season. Need to sort out GH health / position very soon.

If we build on our youth development, get some work done on our defencive coaching, have strong board to resist selling players we want to keep, ship out dead wood and get a few of these (exciting) players in, then things could be looking up again.

However,if the GH situation drags on, the last thing we want is to be changing managers again with no time for them to operate in the market and work pre season, getting stuck with players they might not want. If the board sell those we want, or can't ship out those we don't, then next season could easily be another tough one.

Hope these words are true. Good to know signings have already been identified early on. If that's the case, lets hope they get brought in early and get a good pre season with the team.

Poor season this year but still quite optimistic about next season, but think it could be quite a defining season. Need to sort out GH health / position very soon.

If we build on our youth development, get some work done on our defencive coaching, have strong board to resist selling players we want to keep, ship out dead wood and get a few of these (exciting) players in, then things could be looking up again.

However,if the GH situation drags on, the last thing we want is to be changing managers again with no time for them to operate in the market and work pre season, getting stuck with players they might not want. If the board sell those we want, or can't ship out those we don't, then next season could easily be another tough one.

Spot on with that post.

Absolutely spot on Phill, but I can't see the point at the moment of harping on about next years targets unless he already knows that GH will still be incharge next year and that his illness is really only a minor problem..strange time to come out and say something like this.

newcomer10.jpg

McAllister is already looking forward to next season with optimism.

McAllister is already looking forward to next season with optimism.

yeah yeah, talks cheap. its been said before, if we become an exiting team it wont be under the likes of houllier, or macllister, and thats fact.

Sheffield United's on-loan Shane Lowry has hinted he could stay with the club even if they are relegated.

Lowry is currently on-loan from Premier League club Aston Villa and will sit down with Gerard Houllier in the summer to discuss his future.

The Blades will face Bristol City on Saturday and are aware that should they lose they could be relegated depending on the outcome of Friday's game against Doncaster Rovers and Crystal Palace.

No fears

But for Lowry playing in League One hold no fears, having helped Leeds gain promotion from that division 12 months ago.

"I haven't spoken to anyone yet and I'm still under contract at Villa," he told the Sheffield Star.

"So I've got to sit down with them and also the gaffer here. But I haven't ruled it out, not at all. At the moment, though, I just want to focus on the game we've got left.

Reserves

"I've not got a bad word to say about Villa but, obviously, if I'm not part of the plans there then I don't want to stick around the reserves."

He added: "I've played in League One before with Leeds so I know what it's like.

"Sheffield United is still a massive club and it's one which, in my opinion, really deserves to be in the Premier League let alone anywhere else."

Sky Sports

As i posted in a different thread. This is from Mat Kendrick twitter

No names yet but avfc priorities are centre half, full-backs and a goalkeeper. Basically, defensive reinforcements.

i really hope we get Walker, only young and will only improve.

Get well soon Petrov

Archived