FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

[Official] Stewart Downing Signs For Liverpool

Roary

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He will go next year now. So that will be 4yrs staright we have one of our best players with 1year left on there contracts

I honeslty believe that a new manager could change that. It's going to be hard to get top players to commit long term to the club when there is so much uncertainity right now. Even if GH stays, it would be hard for any player to believe that he will be there for the long haul.

"Lions roar, not whimper. You're the hunters, not the hunted. Now get out there to f*ck and bring home the points because if you don't bring home the bacon you get treated like a pig. Pigs belong in the sty and that shithole's down the road. We're the pride of Birmingham so FFS make Brum proud tonight." -AnneMc

What I can't understand is why when we sign these players, we never have that option of taking up an extra year at the end of their contract, just as Blackpool have with Adam, and it stops them leaving for nothing ,or you get an extra year out of them

This clause must be inserted into every contract that is signed in the future, crazy.....would not surprise me if he has been tapped up, but I agree with the above and am hoping he is seeing what is happening with the managerial situation before he signs on....

newcomer10.jpg

It's weird, because i'm sure i recall him just a few weeks ago that he was wanting to stay and show the loyalty to villa, after us showing faith in him and signing him with an injury?

Makes you wonder if hes been "tapped up".....after all he said about staying even if we were relegated i thought that maybe we had somebody who was showing a bit of loyalty, but maybe that is impossible with manc offering everyone silly wages

can,t buy this???? 2 weeks ago, i,m sure he was pledging his troth to AVFC, especially after we bought him whilst injured,

in them 2 weeks we have against virtually all odds got 6 points from Arsenal and Liverpool,-----what the f**k has adversely happened in that time-----tapping? agent stirring with a whopping great big spoon?had a champions league beckons me vision?

if he wants the mercenary path then go now take the cash train, dont wait 2 seasons sell now and get more dosh coz his heart if thats the case sure wont be in a Claret and Blue shirt----i,d much rather have players like Gabby and Albrighton,and Clark and Bannan and Baker, who admidettedly aint got Downing,s attributes YET ---but are all home grown and have a wee bit of comitment at the very least to the AVFC cause,

have to say am getting a bit p****d off with these "champions league seeking" players-------but at the same time am concerned about the management/boards aspirations,---the seeds of uncertainty sure seem to be floating in the air, :what:

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

can,t buy this???? 2 weeks ago, he was plexdging his troth to AVFC

Very fishy isn't it....and we've recently played Liverpool. Sort of makes you wonder if it's one of them lot.

3188055002_02c9077637holte.jpg

Aston Villa Football Club EST. 1874

The Bells Are Ringing

Archived