FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

'project Anthem'

avstu

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldnt even attempt to sing an anthem unless it was very good and not cheesey

tbh we need some lively upbeat entrance music, I miss Republica this used to get me buzzing years ago !!! Seeing the players run out the tunnel amazing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8416qkMBJFg&ob=av2nl

990x360_exact-contentpage_990x36010.jpg

King_Crutchlow.png

hi everyone. im from 'the other forum' (VillaTalk) that started this whole 'project anthem' thing off. just like to say thanks for bringing it to this site and maybe after we have it on all the sites + facebook, we can get a big poll going and add up the results, then head to the General, who said he is fully behind it. think the top runners so far are Stand by me and ghost riders. utv.

An anthem won't actually catch on. People simply prefer to sing SOTC and everything that relates to hating the city. I'd prefer an anthem but personally don't see it catching.

3188055002_02c9077637holte.jpg

Aston Villa Football Club EST. 1874

The Bells Are Ringing

I hate comments like that. The Holte end always gets slated for singing about Birmingham but no1 ever trys to start new chants or anything..

If you get a song going at an away game or at pubs before the game they usually will catch on and take off in the ground and the Holte will sing it.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

I think itl be a lot harder trying to get a song that relates nothing to football or the club going especially to the people who havnt seen these sites. Itd take a big advertising campaign to get all fans aware of what we are trying.

As fan sites we can get people involved in polls and raise awareness to a certain level, but I dont think we are able to get it going alone. Other clubs that have anthems have the main motto or something on statues outside the ground, or even on the club badge. Thats not something Villa would be looking to do. So although its a good idea, I cant possibly see it working.

Archived