FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

'project Anthem'

avstu

What is Ghostriders? Im not familier with this?

I thought that maybe a song from a local (villa supporting) band? Ash or even The Twang maybe?

Stu u surprise me :thumbdown: Ghost riders in the sky by Johnny Cash is the song upon which "Holte enders in the sky" is based, check it out :wahey:

avfc.jpg
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This?

An old cowboy went riding out one dark and windy day

Upon a ridge he rested as he went along his way

When all at once a mighty herd of red eyed cows he saw

A-plowing through the ragged sky and up the cloudy draw

Their brands were still on fire and their hooves were made of steel

Their horns were black and shiny and their hot breath he could feel

A bolt of fear went through him as they thundered through the sky

For he saw the Riders coming hard and he heard their mournful cry

Yippie yi Ohhhhh

Yippie yi yaaaaay

Holtenders in the sky

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

You think we'll ever actually get an anthem? It seems as if every year our fans say this and we (for some reason I don't know of) don't do it. I'd love to feel the buzz at villa park again.

3188055002_02c9077637holte.jpg

Aston Villa Football Club EST. 1874

The Bells Are Ringing

Would be great to get an anthem at Villa, even though i hate Liverpool is makes my hair stand on end when i hear the entire stadium singing "you never walk alone"

Can i throw in "I got high" by Afroman?

“Each smallest act of kindness, reverberates across great distances and spans of time --affecting lives unknown to the one who’s generous spirit, was the source of this good echo. Because kindness is passed on and grows each time it’s passed until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage, years later, and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.”

In mine and others on here day at VP, the bells are ringing was a song that used to be song by many, and indeed I bet the vast majority know of it and its words.

As for new tunes, I personally feel any anthem has to be sinonomus with all that is Aston Villa, what that is i'm not sure.

I understand that Forever but as I stated earlier - what does any of these teams anthems have to do with there clubs?

Like Liverpool started singing it because Celtic did and its just stook with them ever since.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Archived