FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

'project Anthem'

avstu

A rival site has been talking about getting an anthem (LINK)going down Villa Park.

It would have to be a song that means something, and can easily be sung by the Villa faithful. I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas and also how we would go about getting it started at the Villa..?

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been wanting an anthem for aaages. Need some sort of atmosphere at home, I like the one in my sig, the old one but nothing wrong with a new one.

I'd make one but it would get overlooked anyway.

3188055002_02c9077637holte.jpg

Aston Villa Football Club EST. 1874

The Bells Are Ringing

It seems that most think 'Stand By Me' would be good..

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Wouldn't mind something to that tune actually. T'is a classic. The probelm is someone singing it and making it officially our anthem with decent words to it, if you chant something new usually people just look at you apart from a few.

The Bells Are Ringing

Well thats there point - You dont actually change the words..

After all what does bubbles have to do with West Ham?

Delilah with Stoke and so on?

Mellberg_Signature.png

Hmmm, true. Well if it got an atmosphere going I'd be more than happy with that. No offense to our own fans obviously,I'm one of them! It's just home games become boring.

The Bells Are Ringing

What is Ghostriders? Im not familier with this?

I thought that maybe a song from a local (villa supporting) band? Ash or even The Twang maybe?

Mellberg_Signature.png

Archived