FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

avstu

lets face it Darren bent has been in top form for us this season we will say we need bent but i think the likes of gabby and weimann can steo up and see villa safe

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This guy never got a fair crack of the whip at our place (Spurs) as he wasn;t one of Redknapp's favourites. 18 in 60 games looks below average, but translate that to minutes on the pitch and he did a good job for us when he was allowed to.

Look after him!

- COYS -

I've been impressed with the level of commitment Bent has shown to Villa through what he has said in the media this summer. I always considered him to be a bit of a mercenary, but comments he has made on staying with us and Paul "ambert have changed my mind. He was unlucky with injuries last season, but I think with a more attacking style of football on offer I can see him getting 20+ this season.

I've been impressed with the level of commitment Bent has shown to Villa through what he has said in the media this summer. I always considered him to be a bit of a mercenary, but comments he has made on staying with us and Paul "ambert have changed my mind. He was unlucky with injuries last season, but I think with a more attacking style of football on offer I can see him getting 20+ this season.

10 goals last season and missed something like 17 games through injury! and thats him during a bad season!!

I know many question his workrate and application but he is what he is...a goal scorer! under Lambert he could get the 20+ goal he might have gotten last season if not injured for half a season!

“Each smallest act of kindness, reverberates across great distances and spans of time --affecting lives unknown to the one who’s generous spirit, was the source of this good echo. Because kindness is passed on and grows each time it’s passed until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage, years later, and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.”

With the doubt over Dunnes long term future i think the Captaincy should go to a leader and a Player commited the to cause, not sure both of these qualitys are in Bents locker!

In my mind Petrov is only remaining as Club Captain as a rightful tribute by the Club and PL.

Clark is a future Villa Captain without a doubt but needs time to mature and settle at CB and not be shoved around the pitch.

For now, Dunne should retain the Arm band as long as he is not sold.

“Each smallest act of kindness, reverberates across great distances and spans of time --affecting lives unknown to the one who’s generous spirit, was the source of this good echo. Because kindness is passed on and grows each time it’s passed until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage, years later, and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.”

With the doubt over Dunnes long term future i think the Captaincy should go to a leader and a Player commited the to cause, not sure both of these qualitys are in Bents locker!

In my mind Petrov is only remaining as Club Captain as a rightful tribute by the Club and PL.

Clark is a future Villa Captain without a doubt but needs time to mature and settle at CB and not be shoved around the pitch.

For now, Dunne should retain the Arm band as long as he is not sold.

Hardly a great role model and i doubt he will play if we get in a new centre back!

Get well soon Petrov

Hardly a great role model and i doubt he will play if we get in a new centre back!

In my mind Dunnes is badly needed to mentor Clark to take over, if Dunne is sold then Clarks future and developmne tmust be trusted to a player such as Vlaar i suppose

• 3 months later...

I am hearing that Darren Bents injury is not any where near as bad as first thought and he might even make the bench for Saturday!!

Benteke and Gabby are deserving of their starting places and now Bent finds himself needing a sterling Cameo role to force his way back in!

Archived