Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

avstu

Darren Bent (2011-15)

I have just read this and I would like to know if Darren Bent blames Lambert for getting injured and Lambert having to play Benteke, Bent had his chances but didn't deliver the goods, Benteke had his chance and boy did he take it.

Football should be about form (hint hint Engand) if your playing well your in, if not your out, sounds harsh but these players live a lifestyle that many can only dream about.

Bents career is on its way down, Bentekes is on the way up. Benteke has now passed Bent on his way up and Bent needs to realise that.

I do however understand Bents frustration about training outside of the first team, but ask yourself this question, if your not performing at work what would your boss do ? Performance manage you or even fire you, modern day players have very good contracts that they use for their own benefit and have no respect for the clubs they play for. What Darren Bent has said in this article is nothing more than disrespectful and he should know better.

As I have said in previous posts I will always be grateful for what he did for us, however I think he was starting to live off his past reputation and Lambert could see this as could many fans.

If Bent had just kept quiet on gone out on loan to Fulham I would have kept my respect for him, by doing this he has gone down in my estimations.

Shut up and play. All he is doing is proving Lambert right about him.

I have just read this and I would like to know if Darren Bent blames Lambert for getting injured and Lambert having to play Benteke, Bent had his chances but didn't deliver the goods, Benteke had his chance and boy did he take it.

Football should be about form (hint hint Engand) if your playing well your in, if not your out, sounds harsh but these players live a lifestyle that many can only dream about.

Bents career is on its way down, Bentekes is on the way up. Benteke has now passed Bent on his way up and Bent needs to realise that.

I do however understand Bents frustration about training outside of the first team, but ask yourself this question, if your not performing at work what would your boss do ? Performance manage you or even fire you, modern day players have very good contracts that they use for their own benefit and have no respect for the clubs they play for. What Darren Bent has said in this article is nothing more than disrespectful and he should know better.

As I have said in previous posts I will always be grateful for what he did for us, however I think he was starting to live off his past reputation and Lambert could see this as could many fans.

If Bent had just kept quiet on gone out on loan to Fulham I would have kept my respect for him, by doing this he has gone down in my estimations.

Shut up and play. All he is doing is proving Lambert right about him.

There are two sides to every story. As with our old pal 'Big Spender', we can make all the assumptions we like but we'll probably still be a fair way from the truth of what exactly happened.

I read the article and i dont think Bent was ranting in any way, he was asked a question during an interview and most of what he said is common knowledge, no hard feelings here towards DB(

Nets on debut for Fulham.... shock

Debut ? It´s his second came for Fulham, didn´t score in the first one.

Debut ? It´s his second came for Fulham, didn´t score in the first one.

He didnt play in the first match

Looks like Darren Bent will be on his way back to Villa this summer, and after his quite poor loan to Fulham i dont expect anyone to be interested in him!

Best option maybe to loan him to a newly promoted side maybe?

a bigger flop than carroll, doubt you will even get a transfer fee for this fella

thats a bit of a stretch Mate!!

A newly promoted or a Championship side might be interested......But he wont take a pay cut unless he gets paid off by the club. Think we are stuck with him!

a bigger flop than carroll, doubt you will even get a transfer fee for this fella
Your wrong again with your little digs. His goals kept us in the prem and that's worth a she'd load more than his transfer fee and wages !

Your wrong again with your little digs. His goals kept us in the prem and that's worth a she'd load more than his transfer fee and wages !

Di think we might just be stuck with him. PL will never play him. A New manager however may revive him........