Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

avstu

Darren Bent (2011-15)

201 posts in this topic

Looks like Darren Bent will be on his way back to Villa this summer, and after his quite poor loan to Fulham i dont expect anyone to be interested in him!

Best option maybe to loan him to a newly promoted side maybe?

How long left on his contract ?

How long left on his contract ?
17 years

17 years
My mistake ,,MON didn't sign him did he

a bigger flop than carroll, doubt you will even get a transfer fee for this fella

a bigger flop than carroll, doubt you will even get a transfer fee for this fella

thats a bit of a stretch Mate!!

A newly promoted or a Championship side might be interested......But he wont take a pay cut unless he gets paid off by the club. Think we are stuck with him!

Your wrong again with your little digs. His goals kept us in the prem and that's worth a she'd load more than his transfer fee and wages !

Your wrong again with your little digs. His goals kept us in the prem and that's worth a she'd load more than his transfer fee and wages !

Di think we might just be stuck with him. PL will never play him. A New manager however may revive him........

Di think we might just be stuck with him. PL will never play him. A New manager however may revive him........

i always thought the point was that we werent able to afford him or any of the bomb squad so if they really wanted to play football they woulda asked for there wages to be lowered or would move on.

any time u hear of a stumbling block with these players moving on its always about the wages. (thats a big part of the reason i hope they all rot)

these "bomb squad" members are all about cash if u ask me. anyways i think QPR were rumored to be looking at him.

i always thought the point was that we werent able to afford him or any of the bomb squad so if they really wanted to play football they woulda asked for there wages to be lowered or would move on.

any time u hear of a stumbling block with these players moving on its always about the wages. (thats a big part of the reason i hope they all rot)

these "bomb squad" members are all about cash if u ask me. anyways i think QPR were rumored to be looking at him.

Just looked at our squad and we have 10 strikers on the books...and that does not include Robinson. 10!!

I have no time for players who think wages first and last, I know we all work for money but some are clearly playing for their bank balances only.

That's just ignorant.

Bent scored 25 goals in 64 matches for Villa. One every 2.56 matches. Helped keep us up under GH and AM. We lost 18 mil plus any add ons if they were actually paid.

Carroll scored 11 goals in 58 matches for Liverpool. One every 5.27 matches. Liverpool missed Europe all together in his first season (thanks to the Villa). 35 mil paid and only 15 plus add ons returned.

The money lost in fees is similar, Bent scored twice as often, and the value of Premier League survival alone makes Bent the better success. Carroll is the landmark of Premier League flops due to that price tag and the lack any impact. His age is the only reason you got a decent chunk of money back.

I don't even like Bent, but to say he's a bigger flop than Carroll is beyond deluded.

Just looked at our squad and we have 10 strikers on the books...and that does not include Robinson. 10!!

I have no time for players who think wages first and last, I know we all work for money but some are clearly playing for their bank balances only.

i read an article recently about damian duff retiring from fulham at the end of this season. (hes also injured till june i think). he plans to move back to ireland and his words were play till he drops in the irish leagues. lets say hes on 30k a week at fulham (hes 35). if he moves to ireland i think the going rate is around 1-2k euro a week for a player.

it would be nice if bent and the like could look at themselves in the mirror and say, well i aint what i use to be so if i love the sport that much and want to play its best i take a wage cut....

just to edit in another example would be even beckham playing at psg for charity

Come on guys, if you had a contract worth x would you accept less ?

Villa offerd him the contract and he accepted it so as much as we all hate it we have to pay it,

Come on guys, if you had a contract worth x would you accept less ?

Villa offerd him the contract and he accepted it so as much as we all hate it we have to pay it,

yeah i would accept more money in my current situation, but if i was earning 4m a year and someone said well if u take a wage cut 50% its possible u could retire here and we could try and fit u in as many games as poss aslong as ur playing well and fit, i would take the wage cut.

these lads dont love the sport, they love the money. how much money do they have to earn to be happy?

who needs 4m in a life time never mind a year ??.

ur right though, it is villas fault for not putting in some sorta performance clause but he still be prolly on mad money for what he is anyways

yeah i would accept more money in my current situation, but if i was earning 4m a year and someone said well if u take a wage cut 50% its possible u could retire here and we could try and fit u in as many games as poss aslong as ur playing well and fit, i would take the wage cut.

these lads dont love the sport, they love the money. how much money do they have to earn to be happy?

who needs 4m in a life time never mind a year ??.

ur right though, it is villas fault for not putting in some sorta performance clause but he still be prolly on mad money for what he is anyways

I would keep the money !!

I would keep the money !!

lets say they chose to take the money too.

why are they moaning when they arent gettin a game?? i just dont get that. im basing my reason on why they aint playing on what lambert said recently about hutton...

i read an article recently about damian duff retiring from fulham at the end of this season. (hes also injured till june i think). he plans to move back to ireland and his words were play till he drops in the irish leagues. lets say hes on 30k a week at fulham (hes 35). if he moves to ireland i think the going rate is around 1-2k euro a week for a player.

it would be nice if bent and the like could look at themselves in the mirror and say, well i aint what i use to be so if i love the sport that much and want to play its best i take a wage cut....

just to edit in another example would be even beckham playing at psg for charity

Duff is different though as I think his contract is up. He knows he won't get another one in the prem, and so why not move home, play for less, and extend your career?

Bent has one year left, and he'll collect on it because he won't get anywhere near that type of money in England after it. His poor run at Fulham killed any chances for him. I could honestly see him moving to MLS after next season. He'd get good money, plenty of playing time, and would be a top goal scorer. It's working out well for Defoe so far, same with Robbie Keane, both former teammates of Bent's.

Duff is different though as I think his contract is up. He knows he won't get another one in the prem, and so why not move home, play for less, and extend your career?

Bent has one year left, and he'll collect on it because he won't get anywhere near that type of money in England after it. His poor run at Fulham killed any chances for him. I could honestly see him moving to MLS after next season. He'd get good money, plenty of playing time, and would be a top goal scorer. It's working out well for Defoe so far, same with Robbie Keane, both former teammates of Bent's.

not sure about duffs contract but that would make alot of sense, but still in saying that, it means that money isnt everythin to some players. do u think a US club would come in for bent ?

in fairness keane and defoe could still do a bit of a job at a few clubs in the prem before they even went over. bent on the other hand isnt gettin his game for fulham who are bottom 3 and i think hes scored 3 goals all season. i think defoe might of been one of the top scorers also in europa before he went, (dont quote me on that last bit lol)

lets say they chose to take the money too.

why are they moaning when they arent gettin a game?? i just dont get that. im basing my reason on why they aint playing on what lambert said recently about hutton...

I don't understand that either, if there getting paid they should STFU !!!

Immigration alerted of Peevers arrival and for the sake of Aston Villa will send the pariah home

Would be very surprised to see him sign for qpr as he and redknapp have history......though i suppose stranger things have happened.

record transfer leav

That's just ignorant.

Bent scored 25 goals in 64 matches for Villa. One every 2.56 matches. Helped keep us up under GH and AM. We lost 18 mil plus any add ons if they were actually paid.

Carroll scored 11 goals in 58 matches for Liverpool. One every 5.27 matches. Liverpool missed Europe all together in his first season (thanks to the Villa). 35 mil paid and only 15 plus add ons returned.

The money lost in fees is similar, Bent scored twice as often, and the value of Premier League survival alone makes Bent the better success. Carroll is the landmark of Premier League flops due to that price tag and the lack any impact. His age is the only reason you got a decent chunk of money back.

I don't even like Bent, but to say he's a bigger flop than Carroll is beyond deluded.

carroll won a trophy and commanded a strong transfer fee in this regard bent is an utter failure, also got liverpool into europe by winning that trophy

I know not much is happening but are we really reduced to arguing over who was the biggest waste of space between Bent and Carroll ?

Anyway it's a no brainer, Carroll is about 4 inches taller than bent so he is the bigggest waste of space ;)

How tall is Andy Carrol ?