Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

avstu

Darren Bent (2011-15)

201 posts in this topic

With the doubt over Dunnes long term future i think the Captaincy should go to a leader and a Player commited the to cause, not sure both of these qualitys are in Bents locker!

In my mind Petrov is only remaining as Club Captain as a rightful tribute by the Club and PL.

Clark is a future Villa Captain without a doubt but needs time to mature and settle at CB and not be shoved around the pitch.

For now, Dunne should retain the Arm band as long as he is not sold.

With the doubt over Dunnes long term future i think the Captaincy should go to a leader and a Player commited the to cause, not sure both of these qualitys are in Bents locker!

In my mind Petrov is only remaining as Club Captain as a rightful tribute by the Club and PL.

Clark is a future Villa Captain without a doubt but needs time to mature and settle at CB and not be shoved around the pitch.

For now, Dunne should retain the Arm band as long as he is not sold.

Hardly a great role model and i doubt he will play if we get in a new centre back!

Hardly a great role model and i doubt he will play if we get in a new centre back!

In my mind Dunnes is badly needed to mentor Clark to take over, if Dunne is sold then Clarks future and developmne tmust be trusted to a player such as Vlaar i suppose

I am hearing that Darren Bents injury is not any where near as bad as first thought and he might even make the bench for Saturday!!

Benteke and Gabby are deserving of their starting places and now Bent finds himself needing a sterling Cameo role to force his way back in!

I am hearing that Darren Bents injury is not any where near as bad as first thought and he might even make the bench for Saturday!!

Benteke and Gabby are deserving of their starting places and now Bent finds himself needing a sterling Cameo role to force his way back in!

To be honest i think Bent is 4th choice forward behind Gabby, Benteke and Weimann!

To be honest i think Bent is 4th choice forward behind Gabby, Benteke and Weimann!

I dont think it is quite there yet luke but at the moment defo 3 choice behind Gabby and Benteke!

I dont think it is quite there yet luke but at the moment defo 3 choice behind Gabby and Benteke!

Yeah I find it hard to believe that he would be behind Weinmann at this point. Not to discredit Weinmann as I rate him and hope he gets more match time but he just has not had the match time yet to be 3rd choice ahead of Bent.

But it is also a fine balance, soon as Gabby or Benteke's form drops off Bent could find himself first choice again!

regardless of price tag players should be played based on form and contribution.

Competition for places is gret for the team !

come january i dont think bent will have any options with aston villa and if thats the case i doubt we will see him as a starter unless we get injury problems im sorry to say.

The thing is i am quite concerned about the Bent situation, he seems to have become made of Glass and becoming very prone to injury!! the should he play , shouldn't he play point is mute because of how much he has been on the treatment table this term!!

He might want to leave but will anyone want to take such a risk on him for the price we will demand?

The thing is i am quite concerned about the Bent situation, he seems to have become made of Glass and becoming very prone to injury!! the should he play , shouldn't he play point is mute because of how much he has been on the treatment table this term!!

He might want to leave but will anyone want to take such a risk on him for the price we will demand?

To be fair i dont mind if bent leaves as it is Benteke and Weimann who we dont want to leave!

will be interesting if lambert comments on that

I have just read this and I would like to know if Darren Bent blames Lambert for getting injured and Lambert having to play Benteke, Bent had his chances but didn't deliver the goods, Benteke had his chance and boy did he take it.

Football should be about form (hint hint Engand) if your playing well your in, if not your out, sounds harsh but these players live a lifestyle that many can only dream about.

Bents career is on its way down, Bentekes is on the way up. Benteke has now passed Bent on his way up and Bent needs to realise that.

I do however understand Bents frustration about training outside of the first team, but ask yourself this question, if your not performing at work what would your boss do ? Performance manage you or even fire you, modern day players have very good contracts that they use for their own benefit and have no respect for the clubs they play for. What Darren Bent has said in this article is nothing more than disrespectful and he should know better.

As I have said in previous posts I will always be grateful for what he did for us, however I think he was starting to live off his past reputation and Lambert could see this as could many fans.

If Bent had just kept quiet on gone out on loan to Fulham I would have kept my respect for him, by doing this he has gone down in my estimations.

Shut up and play. All he is doing is proving Lambert right about him.

I have just read this and I would like to know if Darren Bent blames Lambert for getting injured and Lambert having to play Benteke, Bent had his chances but didn't deliver the goods, Benteke had his chance and boy did he take it.

Football should be about form (hint hint Engand) if your playing well your in, if not your out, sounds harsh but these players live a lifestyle that many can only dream about.

Bents career is on its way down, Bentekes is on the way up. Benteke has now passed Bent on his way up and Bent needs to realise that.

I do however understand Bents frustration about training outside of the first team, but ask yourself this question, if your not performing at work what would your boss do ? Performance manage you or even fire you, modern day players have very good contracts that they use for their own benefit and have no respect for the clubs they play for. What Darren Bent has said in this article is nothing more than disrespectful and he should know better.

As I have said in previous posts I will always be grateful for what he did for us, however I think he was starting to live off his past reputation and Lambert could see this as could many fans.

If Bent had just kept quiet on gone out on loan to Fulham I would have kept my respect for him, by doing this he has gone down in my estimations.

Shut up and play. All he is doing is proving Lambert right about him.

There are two sides to every story. As with our old pal 'Big Spender', we can make all the assumptions we like but we'll probably still be a fair way from the truth of what exactly happened.

I read the article and i dont think Bent was ranting in any way, he was asked a question during an interview and most of what he said is common knowledge, no hard feelings here towards DB(

Nets on debut for Fulham.... shock

I hope he scores loads for Fulham, cause he can't score against us.

Nets on debut for Fulham.... shock

Debut ? It´s his second came for Fulham, didn´t score in the first one.

I hope he scores loads for Fulham, cause he can't score against us.

So do I

Debut ? It´s his second came for Fulham, didn´t score in the first one.

He didnt play in the first match

This guy will get goals, always scores against Arsenal tbf