Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

avstu

Darren Bent (2011-15)

I was shocked to see that he moved to you but in truth i hope he does better for aston villa than he was for us

But i feel this is one of the guys to turn around the season

Them goals saved us thank you lord for darren bent, some good goals there aswell another 20 next season and ill be happy :thumbsup:

Darren Bent and Joleon Lescott were withdrawn from England training on Tuesday as the squad stepped up preparations for their Euro 2012 qualifiers against Bulgaria and Wales.

Link

It's official Bent gets less of the ball than any other EPL player. How long will he stay at the club as this type of service could force him out of the england squad for the Euros.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Aston-Villa-Darren-Bent-touches-the-ball-less-than-any-other-Premier-League-player-reveal-new-OPTA-stats-article839379.html

Bent has now been ruled out for the rest of the season with ankle ligament damage! That's just fcuking great!

Been discussing this for the past 30 mins or so.

It *COULD* be a blessing in disguise IMO but thats only IF AM puts Gabby up front with Nzog and Albrighton on the wing....

That being said I have a strange feeling Heskey will be thrown up front....

It *COULD* be a blessing in disguise IMO but thats only IF AM puts Gabby up front with Nzog and Albrighton on the wing....

Over/under 12 starts for Heskey the rest of the way. I take the over.

That's exactly what I said in another thread, if AM does what every other manager in the world would do and plays to the teams strengths and uses gabby up front and batters the opposition with our pace and attacking options it could be a blessing.

I'm guessing that Heskey will be up top on his own with given supporting him up front with gabby in goal.

Not too bad as long as AM doesn't think Heskey is our saviour..

He will! Bentys the fourth leading scorer in the Prem. What the hell are we going to do?

Haha I hear you I'm panicing inside too and yep i know he'll play Heskey but....well we're not manager we just need to hope Gabby gets the nod there instead.

Would prefer Wiemann to get the shout before Gabby as i wouldnt put money on Gabby 1 on 1 with the goalie and Wiemann has been on fire recently

Would prefer Wiemann to get the shout before Gabby as i wouldnt put money on Gabby 1 on 1 with the goalie and Wiemann has been on fire recently

I agree AK, the sad part is Wiemann has been on fire in the reserves,slightly different to playing against PL defences and keepers. That said, give the man a chance, but knowing AM he'll stick with Emule and then expect Gabby to play on the wing and central striker at the same time, then bring on Wiemann with 10 minutes left and expect him to score.

I think were going to struggle in the goal scoring department until the end of the season.

Blackburn must be rubbing their hands knowing all they have to do is keep Gabby quiet.