FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

[Official] Darren Bent Signs

orourkeda

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't have a problem with you or Charlie Adam...it's Holloway I have a problem with.

x2 to that. I know this isn't the place to discuss but I think he's got a bit bitter that maybe Charlie Adam wanted to hand in a transfer request too after seeing our bid. He can't take it.

If this deal is to go through it best not be another stephen ireland. Especially for the money reported.

Well Ireland was practically forced to come here with a gun to his head--Bent has apparently turned in a transfer request and may even be excited about coming down to the Brum.

On that alone he is miles ahead of Ireland already.

Well Ireland was practically forced to come here with a gun to his head--Bent has apparently turned in a transfer request and may even be excited about coming down to the Brum.

On that alone he is miles ahead of Ireland already.

Yeah, I hope your right mate.

3188055002_02c9077637holte.jpg

Aston Villa Football Club EST. 1874

The Bells Are Ringing

If this deal is to go through it best not be another stephen ireland. Especially for the money reported.

It would be ideal for Bent to move to Brum...He is fairly regular at club I work in Cambridge. He from Huntingdon and often travels home after a Saturday mate so it's closer...I think he would have loved to come to us last season before his move to Sunderland...and I wonder where we would have finished with his 25 goals....Wanted him for ages......!!!!! Fingers crossed...!

Oh god please let it happen.

Wanted Villa to sign him when he left Spurs.

Great day if we can make this happen

Fingers crossed

Well, can't really knock RL if 18 mill is the case. Good player on his day and knows how to play the game and how to be in the right position at the right time :lolthumb:

Makes me think though that AY could indeed be on his way to Urinal this Jan.

I'm speechless... I've been getting phone calls from all my friends & family as they know i've wanted him to come to villa since he left charlton.

All I want know is for AY to stay, Ireland to snap out of it & for us to sign Given + 2 defenders by next season. :thumbsup:

Is Downing off to Diverpool? and Nzogbia coming to take his place :chai:

Where's the N'Zogbia talk coming from? Do you have a link? I'd hate Downing to leave, but if we get a good fee then he wouldn't be the absolute worst loss.

It would be ideal for Bent to move to Brum...He is fairly regular at club I work in Cambridge. He from Huntingdon and often travels home after a Saturday mate so it's closer...I think he would have loved to come to us last season before his move to Sunderland...and I wonder where we would have finished with his 25 goals....Wanted him for ages......!!!!! Fingers crossed...!

That year we was 11 points ahead of arsenal...oh my. He would have been a much needed bit of hope for the top 4. I also think as well as lerner houllier deserves some credit for approaching the player in the first place.

3188055002_02c9077637holte.jpg

Aston Villa Football Club EST. 1874

The Bells Are Ringing

Archived