FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

[Official] Darren Bent Signs

orourkeda

Is this a case of RL has mre trust in GH than he did in Mon? makes one wonder! 18 mill plus add ons for a player.

In a way I agree but then again I differ in opinion. If it was at the start of MON's tenure than I'd suggest he would allow him to but after soo many signings that failed or turned out to be there for a payday, he lost faith in his ability to sign anyone half decent apart from every now and then with a good signing like Ashley Young and Milner. With this being GH's first transfer window, I'd say Lerner is giving him the benefit of the doubt this time round

// AVillaFan 2009/10 FA Cup Winner

// AVillaFan 2010 Community Shield Winner

// AVillaFan 2010 World Cup 3rd Place Winner

cyhsxhp9k772s84ge2s.png

Charityshield.png

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As my brother put it in an email to me earlier, when i asked him how come mon wasn't given this in the transfer period last summer "Cause he thought he could win the league on the cheap, now he's realised you need to spend."

w45hy.png

I don't think any of us saw this coming.

Puts to bed any doubts about Randy, I really never thought we would spend this much on a player.

Please please happen, only Rooney and Drogba have scored more goals than him in the last 5 seasons.

Wouldn't it be great if he come and carried on his form for us...one can only dream.

3188055002_02c9077637holte.jpg

Aston Villa Football Club EST. 1874

The Bells Are Ringing

Wonder how that Sunderland fan who was on here talking rubbish a while ago feels now.

Star striker wants out to a bigger club :lolthumb:

Along that same line I wonder how Ian Holloway interprets this. Charlie Adam isn't going to stoop to Villa but Bent will?

I'll be chuffed if we pull this one off lads for 2 reasons. Randy and Houllier have put a message out to the fans here that there's no messing around, they've got the money and willing to spend it and spend it we have. Although we're fighting a so called 'Relegation Battle' we are doing something about it.

Secondly... FINALLY. A goalscorer. Now I know we he hasn't signed yet but I'm really hoping and crossing every part of my body here that he comes. He is a proven Premiership goalscorer so we are getting what we are paying for. Ignore people that say we're paying over the odds for him. In today's market prices he'll be worth every penny in my opinion. Something MON kept saying was he hated paying ridiculous money for players - well I'm sorry Martin but for players like Bent you've got to splash the cash. As I said before, we KNOW he can perform in the Premiership unlike a 30M Andriy Shevchenko who's never experienced it. Bent's the third highest scorer in the Premier League since 2005 behind Rooney and Drogba? No brainer surely!

I know I shouldn't be counting my chickens yet but I really can't help it! Roll on and relieve these nerves something bads going to happen! :drunk:

Along that same line I wonder how Ian Holloway interprets this. Charlie Adam isn't going to stoop to Villa but Bent will?

Don't shoot the messenger but from WHAT I'VE READ on other forums Charlie Adam will be following...

Archived