freddy    155

Say 3 managers in a row, yet Clark was younger and less experienced than he would be now despite his lack of game time. So an unfair assessment. Also I'm sure last season Clark got a fair bit of game time in a Houlier team that was trying to play football, that says something. If I'm mistaken an injury then pushed him down that pecking order.

Also Clark has made one mistake which I can remember, against Chelsea at the bridge, I'm he then went and equalised up the other end to grab us that draw. When played he has looked more solid, more composed and a lot lot better on the ball than any of our back four at the moment, or even Herd for that matter in the middle of the park.

Whereas Collins has time and time again made mistake after mistake, game after game. Just because you are paid to do something whereas others aren't, doesn't mean that a) you always know best, and b.) that you make wrong decisions.

Bang on Karl fully agree with ya man, Clark aint really let us down whenever he,s donned the shirt, for one so young that is blinking well commendable-

"trust the coaches|" ? what ?no way, we will be here supporting our great club when they,ve long long gone!! ,and stick with Dunny and Hoofer Collins, and co, i,d prefer Clark more than any one of em, at this moment in time!!! we dont get paid yes but are well versed in the beautiful game, strewth ive played managed coached ok not at pro level but locally for 40 + years now back to the days when it was a working mans game----sadly it dam well aint now,--all English football fans no matter what club have different views on who should be wearing the shirt its inbred and has been so since time immemorable---its always been a major part of the match day game,

Raymond    38

Bang on Karl fully agree with ya man, Clark aint really let us down whenever he,s donned the shirt, for one so young that is blinking well commendable-

"trust the coaches|" ? what ?no way, we will be here supporting our great club when they,ve long long gone!! ,and stick with Dunny and Hoofer Collins, and co, i,d prefer Clark more than any one of em, at this moment in time!!! we dont get paid yes but are well versed in the beautiful game, strewth ive played managed coached ok not at pro level but locally for 40 + years now back to the days when it was a working mans game----sadly it dam well aint now,--all English football fans no matter what club have different views on who should be wearing the shirt its inbred and has been so since time immemorable---its always been a major part of the match day game,

This post illustrates my point fairly clearly. It is why I was having a hard time understanding a lot of the entitlement stuff on these forums.

I now understand the average English fans view of sports. It is an interesting difference.

Karl    143

In American sport do you all just sit around accepting everything that is happening at your club because they all obviously must know better than you seeing how they are being paid? :s.

Raymond    38

Quick question. When Clark comes on and does as bad or worse than Collins and Dunne, will you take any blame or accept that you are wrong. No. You will blame AM for being stupid and tap up the next great hope that idiot manager should play.

It is getting redundant and boring. You are not smarter or better informed than the coaches and staff. If you are, by all means get a job with the club. They should notice your genius right away and be grateful for your help.

Raymond    38

In American sport do you all just sit around accepting everything that is happening at your club because they all obviously must know better than you seeing how they are being paid? :s.

I accept they know more than me. And, if they don't perform, we get a new guy. But this constant micromanaging of everything is why it is so hard to be an English athlete. It is why you have not won a world cup in 50 years. It is why Henmen never won anything, and why Murray never will.

Apollo    159

Clarks performances for Villa have justified why he should get a chance in the squad plus he is a young lad who got a few international call ups so should be given the chance and it has become very apparent at villa that cost of wage is being picked over skill ! As its like the manager has to play the highest paid players to justify having them.

Apollo    159

I accept they know more than me. And, if they don't perform, we get a new guy. But this constant micromanaging of everything is why it is so hard to be an English athlete. It is why you have not won a world cup in 50 years. It is why Henmen never won anything, and why Murray never will.

Just one question when did you win a world cup ?

freddy    155

latest stats taken from the Programme v Canaries---IRO Villa appearances::

pleaase bear in mind Clarky is primarily a central defender,

Dunne 91 apps --4 goals

Collins 79 apps 5 goals

Cuellar 96 apps 3 goals

Warnock 74 apps 2 goals

Albrighton 27 apps 6 goals

Delph 23 apps 1 goal

Bannan 21 apps 2 goals

CLARK 25 apps 4 goals!!

A centre half averaging a goal virtually every 6 games-----come on it don,t come much better than that----not in my book anyway !!!!!!

them managers coaches whatever they are who did,nt pick him --the more fool them i say-----dont forget Dunne n Collins were//are exp;erienced internationals,and for them to have been upstaged by a mere kid might not have been seen as being the "in-house footballing politically correct" thing to do at the time,,

Apollo    159

Clark attacks the ball so well the last time I see a player for villa attack a ball in the box like that was when Laursen played for us !

cnut86    27

he's a young player with top ability and people in the game rate him highly.am is scared so plays the experienced guys cause he thinks they'll get him results.ginger t**t!!

Apollo    159

he's a young player with top ability and people in the game rate him highly.am is scared so plays the experienced guys cause he thinks they'll get him results.ginger t**t!!

Its when I read posts like this I thank god that I'm not ginger :lol:

ak47deol    177

How long do you think he will wait and just sit on the bench? Surely Trapatoni will be telling him to get games if he wants to go to the EURO's

cnut86    27

Its when I read posts like this I thank god that I'm not ginger :lol:

i know.

my aunts ginger and at christmas we used to make her sit outside. :thumbup:

cnut86    27

How long do you think he will wait and just sit on the bench? Surely Trapatoni will be telling him to get games if he wants to go to the EURO's

we'll lose him for sure.he's to good to just sit there,another cahill where we'll be left with another zat knight!!

Apollo    159

We did not invent the sport.

What a great excuse :lol: like we play rugby a mans game and you lot pad up as your scared of the impact :lol:

freddy    155

That is the worrying factor man----i,d hate to loose Ciaran Clark just cos he can,t get a f*****g game with us!!!!!but i would not blame him if he put in a request,

ak47deol    177

It happened with Cahill and i fully expect it to happen with Clark. I just cant see AM dropping Collins at all

cnut86    27

It happened with Cahill and i fully expect it to happen with Clark. I just cant see AM dropping Collins at all

ginger conspiracy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1