Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

have we now built our defensive team for the next 4 years or so?? as a collective and with continued improvement this could be a scary good defence!

have we now built our defensive team for the next 4 years or so?? as a collective and with continued improvement this could be a scary good defence!
Fingers crossed your right mate

I would make Clark captain for the run in. We need a captain who leads by example and I feel that the fight that Clark now shows is good to see.

Never backs out of a challenge, always talking. He has really matured and started to become the player some felt he could be when he first broke on the scene.

I am still waiting for 'concrete Ron' to lead by example in a Villa shirt. Personally he wouldn't play for us again if it was down to me.

I would make Clark captain for the run in. We need a captain who leads by example and I feel that the fight that Clark now shows is good to see.

Never backs out of a challenge, always talking. He has really matured and started to become the player some felt he could be when he first broke on the scene.

I am still waiting for 'concrete Ron' to lead by example in a Villa shirt. Personally he wouldn't play for us again if it was down to me.

Totally agree Stu. I said some months ago that Vlaar is in Clarke's shadow and I rate Okore over Vlaar too. Both Okore and Clarke have some man love going on too and this strengthens our defense.

Clarke also leads by example and never ducks out of getting stuck in, easily the more passionate of the two and deserves the captaincy without doubt. Giving it too Gabby instead stinks of doing something as it's "his turn" and his service deserves it. I've never seen Gabby lead from the front.

Captains are born, not made.

Ciaran Clark is a natural born Captain and more to the point, has earned the Captaincy.

We see him talking to and organising the other players in every match.

The sooner the honour and responsibility of Club Captain of Aston Villa is given to Ciaran Clark on a permanent basis, the better.