FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Official: Gerrard Houllier Resigns

The Aston Villan

I will add again this guy is useless and he doesn't know what he is doing injuries or not

Can you back that up Aston Villan? His record elsewhere stacks up & he's hardly had much of a chance at Villa yet.

I didnt like the way he was or what he said after Liverpool either but we need to give the guy a chance to succeed.

avfc.jpg
  • Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply
General Krulak here:

1. To all Fans: I have read ALL of your comments regarding the L'pool game in general and the remarks made GH in particular. I can assure you that I have passed on your thoughts to Randy, the Board and to our Manager. I am unable to get into GH's mind nor am I able to truly understand what he was feeling before, during and after the game....feelings that led him to make the comments he did. Equally, I am not going to try to minimize what he said...make excuses...or anything else. There is no denying what he said...it is there for all to see. What I don't know, as I indicated, is what was going through his mind at the time...and neither does anyone else. What I DO KNOW is what he put forth in his statement that was put out yesterday is FAR CLOSER to the reality of how he feels about our Club and our Fans. "...and I say emphatically that we will battle through. Building a lasting success at Aston Villa is my focus and my commitment to this challenge is resolute. It is down to us collectively as a Club to work hard to bring joy and success to the fans because the fans are the most important. They are vocal and fantastic, which I stated when when I first came here. They know we are in this together." I know that his comments and actions on Monday evening seem at odds with this statement BUT I have talked with the man, seen him in action at Bodymoor Heath and seen his devotion and passion for the Club and ALL are at odds with what took place on Monday night. Nothing can be done to retract what happened on Monday night...it is what it is. What I am saying is that I think I have a good sense of how he feels about the Club and Fans and it is exactly what you would want him to think and feel. Again, I am not in a position to understand what GH was feeling when he entered the Liverpool stadium on Monday...I only know what I have seen and heard as he has worked hard for our Club. We now have some fans who find fault with his statement...again, that is the right of the fans. I personally feel that the statement reflects the views of the man...that building "lasting success at Aston Villa is my focus and commitment to this challenge is resolute." Those who are looking for GH's head...who are asking that he be fired...have the right to feel that way....they buy the tickets and can say what they want. At the same time, Randy and the Board need to keep focused on the overall goal and we believe that GH plays a key role in achieving that goal.

2. Believe me, there is not a single person at Villa Park who does not understand where we are right now and how the fans feel. I cannot begin to tell you how much effort is being expended to get us on the right track. To think we are just sitting back and watching this all happen is to not know Randy, the Board or the Club. We are focused, driven, and working our bums off to get the ship back on track. Each fan has the absolute right to come on this thread and rant...I have NEVER shied away from the "good, bad, and ugly." At the same time, I feel I have a HUGE responsibility to NOT feed the Fans "spin" and PR but, rather, to give you my personal opinion and to help give the Fans a sense of where the Club is. Right now, we understand how you all are feeling and we are working hard to move forward. We have a good portion of the season ahead of us...we MUST NOT throw in the towel at this point...we need to all pull together.

Get well soon Petrov

Can you back that up Aston Villan? His record elsewhere stacks up & he's hardly had much of a chance at Villa yet.

I didnt like the way he was or what he said after Liverpool either but we need to give the guy a chance to succeed.

yes I can back it up his tactics are cr!p his subs are cr!p his training methods are ott

We are not fickle we just care there is a difference

Do you actually know what it means?

We are fickle, we are never happy, when we had MOn & were winning games people moaned about the style of play, same with Gregory, we dont know what we want when it comes down to it & before u say it i know it is impossible to keep everybody happy

avfc.jpg

yes I can back it up his tactics are cr!p his subs are cr!p his training methods are ott

How is that backing it up? If a manager is successful elsewhere in more than one job he must be doing something right cos there arent many managers in history who have had success at more than one club

avfc.jpg

u care, i care, we all care, maybe we are not fickle we just pretend we want one thing when in fact all that matters to us is 1 thing & that is results, we dont care how we achieve them as long as they come, if thats the case then nobody should have moaned about MOn cos under him the results were there but everybody moaned about the style of play, the one dimensional tactics, the poor substitutions, the poor signings etc

avfc.jpg

Ok you name me a manager at Liverpool in the last 6 decades that hasn't won a trophy there apart from roy hodgson. French league hardly a strong one so yeah he has a good track record but that don't mean he is gonna be a success at villa does it. He is sh!t and I want him out now

Do you actually know what it means?

We are fickle, we are never happy, when we had MOn & were winning games people moaned about the style of play, same with Gregory, we dont know what we want when it comes down to it & before u say it i know it is impossible to keep everybody happy

All England fans are fickle!!

The way we booed Gabby when he had a few bad games & the things that were said about him on this forum after he made that comment when GH first arrived were embarrassing :readthemessage:

Archived