FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Official: Gerrard Houllier Resigns

The Aston Villan

TBH a manager needs a good preseason to get things the way he wants them before all the big games and season starts. It's like walking into a supermarket with $5 to buy a packet of cigarettes. You don't have the necessary equipment to get what you want. You can't think that everything will be alright when a coach takes over of a club after 8 or so games into a season. If so then you need to reevaluate

Injuries no doubt are a huge part of the problem and from day one when we lost a couple of players I thought it was because of the double training sessions and I still do. The body needs time to adjust to things and going gun ho straight away at something is bound to injure something, even a top athlete and most of the injuries you hear in the articles say "happened on the training field". That's exactly what is happening

TBH I'd rather give him till the end of the season to see what he can do. Yes we're in a relegation battle at this point in time but sacking a manger when we're in that position will only make matters worse and will no doubt see us drop

// AVillaFan 2009/10 FA Cup Winner

// AVillaFan 2010 Community Shield Winner

// AVillaFan 2010 World Cup 3rd Place Winner

cyhsxhp9k772s84ge2s.png

Charityshield.png

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To the fans who travelled to Liverpool and to all Villa supporters, let me assure you that we are working as hard as we possibly can to achieve the level of success which this great club aspires to. Everybody is hurting because of recent results and I am at Bodymoor Heath today with my staff, working on putting this right.

No one likes to lose 3-0 against any team and, if comments I made in the immediate aftermath of our defeat by Liverpool have been misconstrued - comments which were intended to be humorous, by the way - let me put them into context. The experiences I enjoyed with Liverpool some years ago will always stay with me, as will many experiences I have had in football both before and since, and I have taken all these experiences into my job as manager of Aston Villa. I understand the fans' feelings of hurt and disappointment at the moment - I am hurting as much as anybody, believe me - and I say emphatically that we will battle through. Building lasting success at Aston Villa is my focus and my commitment to this challenge is resolute.

It is down to us collectively as a club to work hard to bring joy and success to the fans because the fans are the most important. They are passionate, vocal and fantastic, which I stated when I first came here. They know we are in this together and their support will be vital on Saturday for our game against West Bromwich Albion.

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~2238878,00.html

// AVillaFan 2009/10 FA Cup Winner

// AVillaFan 2010 Community Shield Winner

// AVillaFan 2010 World Cup 3rd Place Winner

cyhsxhp9k772s84ge2s.png

Charityshield.png

Giving corners away does not cost goals defending them badly does (which clarke did) also wanocks man was offside and the shot went under him when trying to tackle, the ball wouldn't have got to that position if clarke hadn't given away in middle. in short clarke had a stinker but wanock again gets the stick for it, i'm not his biggest fan at the moment just trying to be honest

But when you give silly free kicks away and corners that should never been allowed to go out for a corner, with our defending at this moment in time the opposition is more able to score than if we didn't keep giving silly free kickas and corners away. As for Warnock, you can count the mistakes he makes both positionally and the amount of silly free kicks and corners he keeps giving away, and yes it would take two hands with 10 digits on both hands and you'd possibly need to count them twice to get a total.

Pretty much what youd expect for someone who;s comments just got flipped around on him and a public outcry. I believe the things he says as the results come. Its all well and good to say how heart broken you are monsiour GH but you have shown little passion on the pitch!! Show us something there and start getting the results :)

tumblr_lpax8yxyfy1qip14mo1_500.gif

meetmember.png          member.png

I don't give a sh!t what the pr!ck says now. He is passionless about our club sitting in the dugout trying to keep warm instead of feeing those boys up when we were 1-0 down at SHA and at Liverpool the other night digust me. Go now GH there ain't many who want you here

I don't give a sh!t what the pr!ck says now. He is passionless about our club sitting in the dugout trying to keep warm instead of feeing those boys up when we were 1-0 down at SHA and at Liverpool the other night digust me. Go now GH there ain't many who want you here

:roll: Your not having it are ya!! Lol

A win on sat would be a good start

Still no excuse for humour after a defeat!! we know you like Liverpool FFS

Archived