FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Official: Gerrard Houllier Resigns

The Aston Villan

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On reflection, I actually feel some sympathy for Houllier because I feel he was dealt an unfair hand with the lateness of him arriving. The Liverpool match didnt help matters but I feel the Banner at VP was some what wrong.

Anyways I hope Gerard has a full recovery and I will always remember him for bringing in a true goal scorer!

Well said! although i was not his biggest Fan i wish him all the best for the future.

“Each smallest act of kindness, reverberates across great distances and spans of time --affecting lives unknown to the one who’s generous spirit, was the source of this good echo. Because kindness is passed on and grows each time it’s passed until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage, years later, and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.”

1.Moyes

2.Ancelotti (because I don't think he will stay for the long term)

3.Jol

4.Hughes

5.Martinez

I agree with this however Chelsea sacked him...I think he'd like to have stayed.

3188055002_02c9077637holte.jpg

Aston Villa Football Club EST. 1874

The Bells Are Ringing

Ye was amongst his biggest critics but good luck to him in the future and glad hes not putting his health at risk for the sake of managing us .

"This is not possible. What McGrath is doing is just not possible with the amount of preparation that he's had."

I agree with this however Chelsea sacked him...I think he'd like to have stayed.

I know he was sacked by Chelsea, but I don't see someone like Ancelotti staying here for the long haul. He's spent the last 10 + years at AC Milan and Chelsea. I have a hard time believing he would voluntarily stay here more than 3-4 years. As soon as a bigger club came calling, he would be gone. Thats what I love about Moyes. He's been loyal to Everton, and he could have easily left at any time for a bigger club with more money.

"Lions roar, not whimper. You're the hunters, not the hunted. Now get out there to f*ck and bring home the points because if you don't bring home the bacon you get treated like a pig. Pigs belong in the sty and that shithole's down the road. We're the pride of Birmingham so FFS make Brum proud tonight." -AnneMc

I know he was sacked by Chelsea, but I don't see someone like Ancelotti staying here for the long haul. He's spent the last 10 + years at AC Milan and Chelsea. I have a hard time believing he would voluntarily stay here more than 3-4 years. As soon as a bigger club came calling, he would be gone. Thats what I love about Moyes. He's been loyal to Everton, and he could have easily left at any time for a bigger club with more money.

Very true.

3188055002_02c9077637holte.jpg

Aston Villa Football Club EST. 1874

The Bells Are Ringing

Carlo Ancelotti odds have been slashed in the last couple of hours

" I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter. " Winston Churchill.

• 1 month later...
Gerard Houllier feels he has 'unfinished business' after leaving Aston Villa but will only consider a return to management if he is given the okay by doctors.

Houllier ended his nine-month spell in charge at Villa Park after missing the end of the season following chest pains.

Having experienced heart problems during his time with Liverpool, he accepts he may have to follow medical advice if they counsel against a return to the dugout.

However, he has admitted he would have liked to continue at the Midlands club when fit again but had to stand aside as the Villa board decided to look elsewhere and appoint Alex McLeish.

"We had a case of unfinished business (at Villa)," said Houllier.

No acrimony

"There was an option of leaving the team to Gary McAllister, who was my assistant, and I would come back in September but the chairman and owner wanted to go another route and I have to respect that. We left on good terms, no acrimony.

"At the moment I just want to make sure I get fit again and then we'll see. But I will follow the doctors' advice and if the advice is not to get back into management I won't.

"The strong advice was not to go back to business until the end of September but they are happy with the recovery."

Houllier, who worked as the technical director of the French Football Federation before taking over at Villa, has suggested if full-time management is beyond him he would consider a less hands-on role within the game.

"I will still definitely be linked with football," he said.

"It is my life, it is my oxygen and if I have to be involved in another way then I will."

Sky Sports

Its the first bit of news i have read about him since leaving our lot and he is still a stubborn old fool :lol:

Archived