FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Official: Gerrard Houllier Resigns

The Aston Villan

From Mat Kendrick

Update: Statement may be released tonight. The latest info I’m getting is it is being finalised right now. Sorry for conflicting details

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Club can confirm that, by mutual consent, Gerard Houllier has stepped down as manager of Aston Villa with immediate effect.

The 63-year-old took charge in September 2010 but suffered a dissection of the descending aorta in April 2011.

He was unable to take charge of team affairs for the final five games of the season and doctors have advised that he will require further time to recuperate.

The Club and Gerard have agreed amicably to this resolution and the search has begun for a new manager in order to prepare the team for the coming season.

Source: AVFC OFFICIAL

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

I would sincerely hope that with time under their belts to have the realisation that Gh was not going to carry on as manager, that the search for a new manager is well under way, and its only a matter of time before his predecesor is named, I find it rather alarming that nothing has been stated about GMac though.

Anyway, I can only wish GH good health for the future.

Tis a shame this, I think the first thing we should all do is wish Houllier a full recovery and wish him all the best for the future and as for a new manager, I doubt Moyes will leave Everton so for me its unrealistic. I'm not sure who we'll get tbh I just hope its someone decent and not someone like Mcallister taking full charge or Mclaren.

thankfully it's sorted.now get someone quickly!! not hughes,not moyes.has to be jol or de boer at ajax.look how he turned their fortunes around and brought through the young talent.he'd do great with ours.

On reflection, I actually feel some sympathy for Houllier because I feel he was dealt an unfair hand with the lateness of him arriving. The Liverpool match didnt help matters but I feel the Banner at VP was some what wrong.

Anyways I hope Gerard has a full recovery and I will always remember him for bringing in a true goal scorer!

990x360_exact-contentpage_990x36010.jpg

King_Crutchlow.png

Archived