FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Official: Gerrard Houllier Resigns

The Aston Villan

i wonder if teams from the last 10 in the league would agree with you about finnishing in 6th place year after year. by finnishing 6th at least you can be sure that if you win just 2 extra game you could finnish 5 or 4th or even third as we nearly finnished i think it was last year. to me its a dam site better than fighting a relagation battle. if i want a fight on my hands i would much rather it be with the big nobs at the top than the also rans at the bottom.

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whether you want Houllier or not, the fundamental problem was Mon wasted far too much money on average players and didnt reach the goal of CL, now RL is tightening the purse strings and our ambition is now up the swanny and without RL releasing more money or getting more investment we are pretty much stuck!

Sorry Roger no disrespect but you seem to just look at things without actually reviewing the club as a whole. RL has made mistakes, GH has made mistakes and Mon has made mistakes and most of all the players! We can't hold onto we finished 6th forever it means nothing who cares about anyone finishing its top 4 or you are not worth an invitation to the party. The Europa is a joke of a competition and tbh when we got to play it we were embarrased by a team that could actually play football Rapid Vienna ring any bells then when we did progress the Messiah through it away to concentrate on a top four finish and failed again.

Mon was a good manager, great he was not and i'm not going to cry over him leaving because we had good times and now we are facing the bad and as villa have always done we'll get through it!

990x360_exact-contentpage_990x36010.jpg

King_Crutchlow.png

Why do we think RL is tightening the purse strings? the only reason this is out there is cos he was not happy with players MOn had spent alot of money on not playing & RL saw this as a waste of wages & wished to address the situation :confused:

avfc.jpg

How do we know he's tightening the purse strings untill the transfer window opens? all we've heard so far is paper talk which isn't even worth reading

Randy L is a billionaire business man, he didnt become one by throwing money away. So far GH hasn't done or shown anything to warrant him spending like he did with MON. If he does spend big then i'll be very surprised..

Randy L is a billionaire business man, he didnt become one by throwing money away. So far GH hasn't done or shown anything to warrant him spending like he did with MON. If he does spend big then i'll be very surprised..

He didn't become a billioaire by letting his businesses go down the sh!tter either though.

He didn't become a billioaire by letting his businesses go down the sh!tter either though.

Exactly.. This is why he'll be cautious instead of splashing out. Dont forget that Villa were the second highest spenders in EUROPE behind Mancity during MON reign

Listen to you all, David O'Leary must be pissing his pants, all you are doing is proving him right, we are "fickle" :readthemessage:

We are not fickle we just care there is a difference

and houllier has wasted money already so why would Lerner give him anymore i wouldn't after the joke of the pires deal okhe was free but what about his wages and then the chauffeur driver car to training and then games. Arsen wengar must be pi!!ing himself with laughter with us signing him do you not think if he was any good wenger would have taken him of course he would now we are losing money sorry wasting money on someone that is never gonna give us anything

We are not fickle we just care there is a difference

and houllier has wasted money already so why would Lerner give him anymore i wouldn't after the joke of the pires deal okhe was free but what about his wages and then the chauffeur driver car to training and then games. Arsen wengar must be pi!!ing himself with laughter with us signing him do you not think if he was any good wenger would have taken him of course he would now we are losing money sorry wasting money on someone that is never gonna give us anything

Signing Pires for 6 months has done f*** all for us except cost us money, GH took advantage of RL inexperience to help out an old friend IMO. If GH is smart he'll bring in players on loan like Bruce has done with Sunderland. If they perform well then I'm confident RL will spend. :thumbsup:

Archived