FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Official: Gerrard Houllier Resigns

The Aston Villan

Don't toy with my emotions Stu! I had my heart broken yesterday when Jim Tressell resigned from my Ohio State Buckeyes. GH leaving can definitly improve my morale, especially if a certain Mr. Moyes is on his way here.

"Lions roar, not whimper. You're the hunters, not the hunted. Now get out there to f*ck and bring home the points because if you don't bring home the bacon you get treated like a pig. Pigs belong in the sty and that shithole's down the road. We're the pride of Birmingham so FFS make Brum proud tonight." -AnneMc

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't toy with my emotions Stu! I had my heart broken yesterday when Jim Tressell resigned from my Ohio State Buckeyes. GH leaving can definitly improve my morale, especially if a certain Mr. Moyes is on his way here.

I dont fully understand this Tressell situation. His players got discount tattoos and cash from a guy and Tressells knows about it but I dont see how this is cause for him to be banned and now resigned? Care to fill me in either via here or pm. :smiliecap1:

tumblr_lpax8yxyfy1qip14mo1_500.gif

meetmember.png          member.png

I dont fully understand this Tressell situation. His players got discount tattoos and cash from a guy and Tressells knows about it but I dont see how this is cause for him to be banned and now resigned? Care to fill me in either via here or pm. :smiliecap1:

Quick breakdown: Players sold memorabilia for cash and tattoos. Tressell was notified last April, but said nothing to the NCAA or the school. When the issue became public matter in December, Tressell told the NCAA he had no prior knowledge. He lied to the NCAA to cover for his players. That was the death nail. Now the floodgates are going to open up on Ohio State. It's a sad day in Buckeye country.............

....But the sun looks to be shining in Birmingham! I really hope this news is true and is soon followed by a new hire. I think bringing in the right manager will end all of this Downing talk too. AY can go, but we need Downing to stay. Give the new manager 10-15 mil plus any sales, and we're back in the fight for Europe next season.

"Lions roar, not whimper. You're the hunters, not the hunted. Now get out there to f*ck and bring home the points because if you don't bring home the bacon you get treated like a pig. Pigs belong in the sty and that shithole's down the road. We're the pride of Birmingham so FFS make Brum proud tonight." -AnneMc

Its on both front and back pages of the Mail :)

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Its on both front and back pages of the Mail :)

So in this day and age of technology and instant news, the story will be in paper before it's on the web? Yet to see a link anywhere and it's not on the Mail's site.

Announcement will be made tomorrow after severance package is agreed.

Moyes, Hughes, Jol, Ancelotti, Martinez are all believed to be in the run in.

New manager is exoected in by 2nd week of June!

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Birmingham Mail reporter Matt Kendrick has announced this morning that Gerard Houllier has left Aston Villa by mutual consent with an announcement due today..

Watch this space!!

This unconfirmed news if it is true is best for all concerned especilly Gerards family

There are unusually top managers available at this moment (and Rafa!)

We would all like David Moyes who could make himself available or the recently departed Chelsea manager who has a track record of winning

Dont rule out Martin O'Neill either.Something may be going on that we dont know about and in football anything is possible

Come to think about it Alex McCleish may be looking elsewhere.

The next few weeks are going to be very interesting.

POUNTNEY

Announcement will be made tomorrow after severance package is agreed.

Moyes, Hughes, Jol, Ancelotti, Martinez are all believed to be in the run in.

New manager is exoected in by 2nd week of June!

Now we have to wait until tomorrow :thumbdown:

1.Moyes

2.Ancelotti (because I don't think he will stay for the long term)

3.Jol

4.Hughes

5.Martinez

Well, one can only hope that common sense has prevailed.

But before people get excited, we must remember that this is the Bham Mail, they love to try and second guess, so until it is announced by the club, I for one won't get excited.

Also hope that RL has his replacement lined up and ready to step in, as there is a lot for the new manager to do and who ever it is needs to get right up to speed and fast.

This unconfirmed news if it is true is best for all concerned especilly Gerards family

There are unusually top managers available at this moment (and Rafa!)

We would all like David Moyes who could make himself available or the recently departed Chelsea manager who has a track record of winning

Dont rule out Martin O'Neill either.Something may be going on that we dont know about and in football anything is possible

Come to think about it Alex McCleish may be looking elsewhere.

The next few weeks are going to be very interesting.

Beggar the thought of McCkleish or Mon, we need to get a high profile manager who knows Europe as well.

Archived