FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Official: Gerrard Houllier Resigns

The Aston Villan

I am happy to admit that Houllier should be given more time, the football we have played has been of a better quality that under MOn, has been played with a group of players many of whom dont have the ability to play that way, plus the squad has been desimated with injuries.

However, Houllier's actions at Liverpool & comments after the game got to me, i feel after that, he now has to prove even to those that were originally backing him, that he is still the right man for the job

avfc.jpg
  • Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a final thought, I will be backing GH for the remainder of this season but I would just like to say that I am truly gutted about Martin Jol as he was my first choice of Manager when Mon left.

990x360_exact-contentpage_990x36010.jpg

King_Crutchlow.png

I am happy to admit that Houllier should be given more time, the football we have played has been of a better quality that under MOn, has been played with a group of players many of whom dont have the ability to play that way, plus the squad has been desimated with injuries.

However, Houllier's actions at Liverpool & comments after the game got to me, i feel after that, he now has to prove even to those that were originally backing him, that he is still the right man for the job

Yep could not agree more. And i was one of those backers.

Gerard Houllier has been branded a disgrace by Aston Villa fans following his 'love-in' at Anfield.

Well least he will have got the message, I've tried to be a supporter of GH but I think he'll have to take this on the chin, silly mistake from him.

990x360_exact-contentpage_990x36010.jpg

King_Crutchlow.png

Perfectly serious! Davies can't be any worse than Collins and at least he has some idea about positioning, as for Warnock, was it not him that gave away the silly cheap corner that they scored from? and was it not Warnock who got on the wrong side of their player for the second goal all be it that itv was just offside.

As for Ireland, I don't see anything that says he is ever going to be interested, when the ball is lost, he doesn't chase it back down, one good pass last night and nothing else, we don't have the time or luxury to have him or anyone else in the team who are constantly making no shows and school boy mistakes.

So if school boy mistakes are our main problem, then you have to drop those that are constantly making them, ie Dunne/Collins/Warnock/Friedel and also L Young.

Giving corners away does not cost goals defending them badly does (which clarke did) also wanocks man was offside and the shot went under him when trying to tackle, the ball wouldn't have got to that position if clarke hadn't given away in middle. in short clarke had a stinker but wanock again gets the stick for it, i'm not his biggest fan at the moment just trying to be honest

it still amazes me about the people that are blinkered and cant for the life of them see the wood for the trees. under mon we won games we finnished in the top 6 we went to wembley and now we still have all those same players. who now couldnt kick a ball between them, and why? because of hollier. all the youngsters have been brought on, the team has been changed around which of course is what people on here wanted. and according to those same people, we are playing attractive football. ha, what a f**cking laugh. well for me id rather go back to ugly football, the same players, or at least mostly. and start winning a few games. and as for beating albion this week. wake up for gods sake and stop dreaming we are in a mess and why? because we lost mon and gained hollier.

houiler didnt have any preseason at villa to look at the players thought.

and just what the hell has that to do with anything luke? hes had enough games under his belt to sort something out but he hasnt. and dont give me all that sh*t about injuries.

I've never herd a manager of any professional sports team say "i dont mind loosing".. Or crack jokes like that after loosing.. At the same time, who will we get in if he leaves? Would Martin Jol actually want to come to us?

Are the other candidates mentioned earlier going to do a better job than Mon did? And when I say better job, I mean getting us higher than 6th and actually winning silverware. I say we stick for the time being, it's going to be f**k**g hard but we have no choice. With RL tightening the purse strings & speculation about our top players leaving, who would really want to come manage us?

Archived