FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Official: Gerrard Houllier Resigns

The Aston Villan

I openly stated from the start i didnt want this guy and i got slated for it.I have come on here tonight to see a change in tune from some people, i think he has to go! i dont care what people say we are not playing better football the proof is the results we are picking up ! Just look at the united game 2-0 up with 10 minutes left to draw 2-2 just goes to show how crap our manager is! did we not win 1-0 at old trafford last season with the same back 4 we have now against a stronger united team? We cant defend we cant attack anyone who cant see this is deluded. I read people saying its the crap squad MON left, Well that squad acheived sixth last year its time people woke up the man lacks passion and has no love for our football club he is here just for the wage packet.When MON used to be full of passion he kicked every ball for Villa.

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree and have pinpointed players in the defence that have played poorly but as a team you defend as a unit and I'm sorry to say Hogg isnt good enough or he needs more time to grow. I have watched him closely for the last few games and he hasnt won hardly any challenges plays balls that get us into trouble and he runs out of position to get to a player/ball he is never going to get and then leaves our midfield totally exposed especially when you also have Ireland who couldnt tackle a statue. Clarke is also on a learning curve and I he needs someone more experienced in Midfield to learn from, now I know they are playing because of injuries but for me this is the downfall.

For me untill Petrov & Reo-coker are fit I would give Osbourne a chance because he has been on the first team fringes for awhile, I would also get Cuellar in and drop Dunne.

We will be fine if our experienced players stay fit when they return if they don't we are in serious trouble unless he can bring in some quality in January which is doubtful.

990x360_exact-contentpage_990x36010.jpg

King_Crutchlow.png

I have not changed my tune about GH.

I have just gave him his first strike, he has two left.

I just didn't like his attitude towards the game, what he said.

- Villa Park -

35ix02c.png

PS3 - iKdj

part of a statement from GH adressed to all Villa fans has just been read out on Radio WM--it went along the lines that his quote "He prefers to loose to Liverpool because he likes Liverpool " was meant as a joke!!!!!!! i didnt larf last night and rest assured i aint larfing now!!!

he is very concerned about performance and lack in confidence so much so that he and his coaching staff have been at Bodymoor Heath today????????WTF is it an occasion for him to be there???

no doubt the full statement will be released soon!

Sounds to me like the dance band on the Titanic :furious:

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

Perfectly serious! Davies can't be any worse than Collins and at least he has some idea about positioning, as for Warnock, was it not him that gave away the silly cheap corner that they scored from? and was it not Warnock who got on the wrong side of their player for the second goal all be it that itv was just offside. As for Ireland, I don't see anything that says he is ever going to be interested, when the ball is lost, he doesn't chase it back down, one good pass last night and nothing else, we don't have the time or luxury to have him or anyone else in the team who are constantly making no shows and school boy mistakes.

So if school boy mistakes are our main problem, then you have to drop those that are constantly making them, ie Dunne/Collins/Warnock/Friedel and also L Young.

Don't think anyone can blame Warnock for the fact that the linesman made a wrong call even if he has been crap all season

image.png

Championeeeeee Championeeeee Olee Oleee Oleeeee

You need people like me so people like you can point your fcuking fingers and say there's the bad guy

part of a statement from GH adressed to all Villa fans has just been read out on Radio WM--it went along the lines that his quote "He prefers to loose to Liverpool because he likes Liverpool " was meant as a joke!!!!!!! i didnt larf last night and rest assured i aint larfing now!!!

he is very concerned about performance and lack in confidence so much so that he and his coaching staff have been at Bodymoor Heath today????????WTF is it an occasion for him to be there???

no doubt the full statement will be released soon!

Sounds to me like the dance band on the Titanic :furious:

teams dont usually train the day after a match, they just come in for warm down/excersize bike/hot and cold bath - light excersize, i got the impression he meant he had the lads in doing extra training & tactics session?

fowler.jpg

Well that's who I wanted in the first place or David moyes.

Any one for chris hughton after all done a great job at the toon spending less than five million

Yeah Hughton, that would be fantastic, someone who really cares about doing well.

It looks like Houllier is just interested in money and showbiz why doesn't he just retire to the French Alps or something?

Having said that though in 6 months things could be totally different, look at Everton last season. I'd prefer to start the season poorly then finish poorly.

David Moyes is the best manager in the Premiership considering the results he has achieved with very little money over three or four seasons.We have to give GH a fair crack of the whip however he has had major injuries to a small squad. But he doesnt seem to have the ability to inspire players as MON did.If we lose to the Baggies we really will be in trouble and most of us can see it happening.Pires has not brought anything to the club at this time and probably will dissapear quietly in the next couple of months as Agathe did.If the stories about Cisse are correct we would have on our hands another Ireland.

I wonder what MON is thinking, more importantly I wonder what Randy Lerner is thinking!

Bring Curtis Davies back now and if Carlos Cuellar is fit play them as the central two

POUNTNEY

I have always said I would give GH some time to get things right due to inuries and the circumstances that MON left, however, afterseeing how he sat in the dugout trying to keep warm instead of getting off his french arse and motivating amd bollocking the lads made me angry, and the reported comments about not minding losing to liverpool because he likes them is the last straw!

He gave the scouse fans more respect than our own fans by spending more energy signing autographs and standing in honor of "you'll never walk alone" than he did geeing up the lads!

Apparently the comments were mean't as a joke, but I aint f**cking laughing, not one little bit! I am moody at home and have been so down of late due to how we struggling, so what's to joke about Gerrad??

Our form and belief is at an all time low and this c**t wants to make jokes!! Fcuk off now before you bring this great great club to its knees, and in our current predicament don't expect any quality signings in Jan either! What top player will join a club struggling to keep its top flight status??

Randy needs to grow a set and wake up! This OAP needs to be retired and put out to pasture, get Martin Jol before he signs anything at N'castle!!

“Each smallest act of kindness, reverberates across great distances and spans of time --affecting lives unknown to the one who’s generous spirit, was the source of this good echo. Because kindness is passed on and grows each time it’s passed until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage, years later, and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil.”

Archived