FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Official: Gerrard Houllier Resigns

The Aston Villan

I still personally feel 99% of this is down to O'Nelly. Think back to the January meltdown we saw in each of the last three seasons under MON, what caused this 1. the running of the same group of players into the ground and 2. the poor fitness regime that he ran. we could all see how tired our players would become after 60mins.

Houlier sees an unfit group of players as we all did and in-turn has introduced a new training regime to get them fit! The players a lot of whom have been here over the three seasons under MON are not used to this intense fitness training and it has caused injuries, so who's at fault for the injuries, in part both managers so Houlier can't take all the blame IMO he is simply trying to fix a problem we all saw was evident under O'Nelly.

Houlier because of all these injuries has been left with a lot of Sh!t. We have players out of position (Clark) players playing who cant be bothered (Ireland) Players playing who should be dropped (Back 5). BUT GH is stuck between a rock and a hard place he is forced to play supposedly the best players we have left fit but they are all out of form, he either risks putting in more players who aren't used to playing together or even in the Prem or sticks with the same out of form lot. By sticking with the same bunch (where possible) i believe he is just trying to bring in some stability and get them used to playing not only together but his football also.

As for tactics he is trying to do something MON did, stick with plan A even if it costs us the earth. GH is trying to breed in his football and seems to be going with the philosophy of try try and try again and we might get a result. Unfortunately the players we have left are out of form trying to learn a new style of football whilst trying to win matches and it is not a winning formula!!

Sacking GH the answer? I personally think we will be no better off, lets just hope he can sort this mess out in the transfer window, I personally believe he will bring in players that have previously played under him as he needs players that will know the system he uses, which is exactly what we need at the moment.

Robert pires, well so far he has contributed nothing more than you would expect from a 37yr old taking one last bite of the cherry in the prem. More signings like him and ill be booking a taxi back to france for GH personally!

RIGHT NOW!! we must get behind the lads and GH. If things dont improve after Feb then maybe we should start looking again.

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must say, that I was indeed sitting on the fence about Gh, but I was also aware of the problems he had been left with and the problems with injuries, but after listening to his comments after last nights game I was and still am fuming, especially this

“It is difficult to say, I prefer to lose 3-0 to Liverpool because I like Liverpool. At the same time I’m with Aston Villa.”

How can a manger prefer to loose to anyone not just Liverpool, I have never heard such a load of carp coming from a Villa managers mouth other than when Dr Venglos was in charge.

I can hear what people are saying about ditch him now, and indeed I understand the sentiment behind this, the problem is no matter whom we get in, we will still have the same players, same injury list, and any new manger would have to take a look to see what he thinks he needs before dipping into the transfer market, we are really stuck between a rock and a hard place and we could be doomed if we do and doomed if we don't.

One thing is for sure, if we play like we did last night, then we are indeed a dead cert for relegation no ifs no buts.

GH also said after the match that he and the players need to address the situation! well this is all well and good, but to address the situation changes at the back need making, Warnock again last night gifted 2 of the three goals but Friedel and the other defenders are all as much to blame.

My solution would be to play Guzan in goal, Clark at left back, Cuellar at CB, call Davies back from Leicester and put him alongside Cuellar and get Licahj in at right back, and see wher we go from there.

As for worried, I am if changes are not forthcoming and our main players keep choosing not to get involved or simply choose to go through the motions, as for Ireland the bloke needs kicking into touch, he don't want to know and I don't think he ever will, this is a player who was made to switch to a club where he simply doesn't want to be.

If we were to get a new manager, I'd defiantely have a go at getting Di Matteo from the baggies.

I must say, that I was indeed sitting on the fence about Gh, but I was also aware of the problems he had been left with and the problems with injuries, but after listening to his comments after last nights game I was and still am fuming, especially this

“It is difficult to say, I prefer to lose 3-0 to Liverpool because I like Liverpool. At the same time I’m with Aston Villa.”

How can a manger prefer to loose to anyone not just Liverpool, I have never heard such a load of carp coming from a Villa managers mouth other than when Dr Venglos was in charge.

I can hear what people are saying about ditch him now, and indeed I understand the sentiment behind this, the problem is no matter whom we get in, we will still have the same players, same injury list, and any new manger would have to take a look to see what he thinks he needs before dipping into the transfer market, we are really stuck between a rock and a hard place and we could be doomed if we do and doomed if we don't.

One thing is for sure, if we play like we did last night, then we are indeed a dead cert for relegation no ifs no buts.

GH also said after the match that he and the players need to address the situation! well this is all well and good, but to address the situation changes at the back need making, Warnock again last night gifted 2 of the three goals but Friedel and the other defenders are all as much to blame.

My solution would be to play Guzan in goal, Clark at left back, Cuellar at CB, call Davies back from Leicester and put him alongside Cuellar and get Licahj in at right back, and see wher we go from there.

As for worried, I am if changes are not forthcoming and our main players keep choosing not to get involved or simply choose to go through the motions, as for Ireland the bloke needs kicking into touch, he don't want to know and I don't think he ever will, this is a player who was made to switch to a club where he simply doesn't want to be.

I think that back 5 would definately send us down. Call davies back are you serious?

I know warnock is poo at the moment but clarke was more to blame for the first 2 goals, also i think ireland is improving all be it slowly.

wholesale changes now would only make things worse imo i think it's time we saw cuellar though that might be enough to steady the ship at the back for a while untill replacements can be brought in

I honestly don't think were going to get relegated and further more i do not think we should get rid of Houllier mainly because he hasn't even got started yet. I think he should be given until January so that we can see what he brings in and who goes and see where we go from there. Imo we will pick up in the second half of the season because then we will have players back and we eill be stronger.

I don't think people realise what Petrov provides tbh, with him this season we've won 3 games without him we've won 1. Once we've recovered from alot of injuries I think we'll get a mid table finish, imo theres nothing to worry about.

His heart is with Liverpool still.

He is a changed man, maybe 6 years old he was fearless, now he is more relaxed.

I still have faith in him, but GH has had his first strike from me!

- Villa Park -

35ix02c.png

PS3 - iKdj

I think that back 5 would definately send us down. Call davies back are you serious?

I know warnock is poo at the moment but clarke was more to blame for the first 2 goals, also i think ireland is improving all be it slowly.

wholesale changes now would only make things worse imo i think it's time we saw cuellar though that might be enough to steady the ship at the back for a while untill replacements can be brought in

Perfectly serious! Davies can't be any worse than Collins and at least he has some idea about positioning, as for Warnock, was it not him that gave away the silly cheap corner that they scored from? and was it not Warnock who got on the wrong side of their player for the second goal all be it that itv was just offside.

As for Ireland, I don't see anything that says he is ever going to be interested, when the ball is lost, he doesn't chase it back down, one good pass last night and nothing else, we don't have the time or luxury to have him or anyone else in the team who are constantly making no shows and school boy mistakes.

So if school boy mistakes are our main problem, then you have to drop those that are constantly making them, ie Dunne/Collins/Warnock/Friedel and also L Young.

Houlier...

"It's difficult to say but I prefer to lose 3-0 to Liverpool because I like Liverpool.

...But we conceded a third goal on the break and that was it. Well done to Liverpool.

The fans were good. I appreciated the fact that they chanted my name at the end. It shows they can remember.

There was also a banner at the start of the game. I was not emotional but I was extremely touched by that."

I've stuck with him when other fans have slated him but this by far takes the biscuit. What the f*ck is he playing at....aston villa...remember us?

3188055002_02c9077637holte.jpg

Aston Villa Football Club EST. 1874

The Bells Are Ringing

I am assured that the following is correct and indeed I have just forwarded an email directly to the said address to try and substantiate that this is the correct email address for the person that I wish to put questions directly to.

If and when an answer is forthcoming, if it is indeed from the correct recipitant I will of course post the response here, in the meantime whether you wish to have a go to see whether you indeed get a response is up to you.

ghoullier49@yahoo.fr

He should be saying............

"What the f*ck are the lads doing!?"

"Why the f*ck can't you play a simple pass, look up see a claret and blue shirt, pass it, don't care who the player is, pass the f**cking ball and move."

"Why hit the ball 30 yards in the air, when our mid fielders & striker is not tall enough."

"If you can't see a way through the oppositions defence, and we have the ball in midfield, don't give it away, pass it back to the defence, then defender pass it to Goalkeeper, Goalkeeper back to defender and back to midfield and try again, keep the ball, don't give it away."

"Maybe the players are a factor why we lost the game, but we will keep our heads high, and we continue to work hard and train hard as a team, we will win the next game comfortable, without a doubt."

That would be my words to Sky Sports, as a Manager.

- Villa Park -

35ix02c.png

PS3 - iKdj

Archived