Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

avstu

What should be Villa's top priority this season?

What should be Villa's top priority this season?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. What should be Villa's top priority this season?

• Top 4 in the league
    • Europe
    • FA Cup
    • Carling Cup

gone for europe myself, but cant let league form go either, would be nice to reach the knock out stages of europe and finish top 6 in league again.

PREDICTIONLEAGUE.gif

XBOX Gamertag : VillAlMiGhtY

has to be top 4 or as high as poss, then europe, forget the f.a.cup we're bound to draw man u, but a wembley visit would be nice.

I think we need to concentrate on the league most, watever happens we need to be in europe again next year, even if its only uefa, we need to be seen as a european team to attract players, a good uefa cup run would be nice but not if it affects the league form and we dont qualify for it next year

I've said Top 4 but neither the league or europe should detract from one another. a domestic cup run, especialy FA Cup would be brilliant, but not a priority for me.

winning the Uefa cup this year really isn't that important I dont think (it'd be nice, abviously) but this year should be more about getting used to European football. learning that (often annoying) patient football needed to do well in in the european competitions.

League has to come first for us though. top 4 still may be a stretch. last seasons top 6 finnish was a bit of a freak result really given the size of the squad. repeating that agin will do me fine. we dont have to win anything this season, just establishing ourselves as one of "the best of the rest" for now is important, being in a possition to capitolise should one of last seaons top 4 slip up. build solid foundations if you will.

jpbanneriy6.jpg

I've gone for the FA Cup.

Yep the league is important and key to attracting new players but it's been too long since our no-show in 2000. Would love another final, FA Cup or even better UEFA Cup please!!

Europe for me, we all know top 4 in the league is a bit ambitous and if we end up winning the UEFA Cup we'll be in the CL anyway so Top 4 can wait. 5th place and UEFA Cup for me.

Europe for me, we all know top 4 in the league is a bit ambitous and if we end up winning the UEFA Cup we'll be in the CL anyway so Top 4 can wait. 5th place and UEFA Cup for me.

if we end up winning the uefa cup we will end up in the champions league...unfortunatly Leeds Villain it dont quite work like that you have to finish top 4 to be in it

winning the actual champions league doesnt garentee a place these days... unless ur liverpool that is.

lets go for a treble this year :lol: or all 4

PREDICTIONLEAGUE.gif

XBOX Gamertag : VillAlMiGhtY

I've said europe as we need to prove to everyone that we can be a consistant threat in this area. So any way into europe would be fine by me.