Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com

Welcome to Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Aston Villa Forum - avillafan.com by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

avstu

What should be Villa's top priority this season?

What should be Villa's top priority this season?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. What should be Villa's top priority this season?

• Top 4 in the league
    • Europe
    • FA Cup
    • Carling Cup

A top four finish in the Premier League

Europe

FA Cup

Carling Cup

And why?

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

I have gone for a good run in europe because we need to attract players. i would like a top 4 finish but i doubt that will be ossible till next season as we need the new squad to gel more

Ive gone for Europe but would prefer top 4 TBH but after Stoke cant see that happening unless Villa get a backbone and are prepared to battle it out with teams who lets be honest are inferior but up for a fight. Would love the F.A cup as it is the only trophy i have never seen Villa win, although you can say i aint seen them win the premiership but did see them win the old 1st division which is almost the same.

Has to be top 4 in the league. Being top 4 would automatically attract big players to come and play here and we would progress mightily from there....

If we are going to continue to grow in strength and stature it has to be the league which is our main focus.

It's catch 22 - without the top players, you can't acheive Champions League football, but without Champions League football you can't attract the top players !!!!

I just feel that Liverpool are there for the taking in 4th..... that HAS to be our main focus.

For me it always has to be the league. We finish 6th and we are starting to sound like the Liverpools and Newcastles and think we have a god given right to qualify for the league. We have to establish ourselves imo. Finish 6th and a run in the cups would be a successful season for me.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

Priority has to be the league, the top 4 is definitely there for us, Liverpoo & Arsenal are both there for the taking starting with a victory at VP on sunday.

As for the cups, lets hope for nice runs in all but lets not do a Rangers & try & fight on too many fronts & end up losing them all.

1. Secure a top 4 finish

2. Secure UEFA spot again

3. UEFA, FA & League cup runs

avfc.jpg

League must be our top priority, even though I still say with our current squad we will not get a top 4 finish.