FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Stephen Ireland signs for Villa

lukedaw

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well its looking all the more likely that another one of our best players is going to leave! if we get ireland in id be happy with him as a replacment but for me us loosing another top quality player is a bad bad sign. The reason why we have won nothing for so long is because everytime we start going forward our players are picked off and we become a feeder club again!

if we ever want to win anything we need to keep these players by any means!

Unfort the way of the world is money these days! if milner has had his head turned, we need to match the cheque!

And its about time we showed our current stars we mean buisness and sign some real quality players!

no more sidwell's or clapped out robbie keanes!

Its time to get your finger out Villa otherwise be prepared for f*ck All again!!!

Well its looking all the more likely that another one of our best players is going to leave! if we get ireland in id be happy with him as a replacment but for me us loosing another top quality player is a bad bad sign. The reason why we have won nothing for so long is because everytime we start going forward our players are picked off and we become a feeder club again!

if we ever want to win anything we need to keep these players by any means!

Unfort the way of the world is money these days! if milner has had his head turned, we need to match the cheque!

And its about time we showed our current stars we mean buisness and sign some real quality players!

no more sidwell's or clapped out robbie keanes!

Its time to get your finger out Villa otherwise be prepared for f*ck All again!!!

Bang on the money with that satement. I would also say that if he is allowed to leave for less than 35 mill we'd be mad.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_6171789,00.html

Bang on the money with that satement. I would also say that if he is allowed to leave for less than 35 mill we'd be mad.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_6171789,00.html

Given Man City's new found wealth I'd say squeezing £30 Million out of them wouldnt be that difficult if they really want him.

£25 Million should be the absolute minimum villa should receive if he decides to leave. If he does decide to leave he needs to accept that his first team opportunities will be reduced if he goes to a team higher up the table.

" I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter. " Winston Churchill.

i really don't want milner to go at all, we'll just have to wait until after the world cup though i'd have preferred it if he's future was clearer before the world cup

3188055002_02c9077637holte.jpg

Aston Villa Football Club EST. 1874

The Bells Are Ringing

Here it says Mon has slapped a 30 mill price tag on hims "WTF" Mon, now how stupid is that of Oneil if it really is the case! Man Shity have bundles of dough, so why would Mon tell them wht he values Millner at? The point been, we should have started at 40 mill, and then we could except a 35/36 mill offer. FFS

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/aston-villa/

Here it says Mon has slapped a 30 mill price tag on hims "WTF" Mon, now how stupid is that of Oneil if it really is the case! Man Shity have bundles of dough, so why would Mon tell them wht he values Millner at? The point been, we should have started at 40 mill, and then we could except a 35/36 mill offer. FFS

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/aston-villa/

I know what you are saying BUT, the way i think MON would see it is that if he says milner is worth 40-50 mill which is as MON would put it an 'inflated figure' and not what he is actually worth then any player we go in for after that are going to put an inflated price up. MON is dead against these inflated prices so is trying to put a price up that he believes milner is worth!

me personally 30mill and Ireland then milner can go and rot!

For us to move forward, we have to be more dynamic in our approach. That means buying footballers rather than workhorses. Our next three signings could be the most important in recent years, because we ALL know the quality we need and where it is needed.

Thing is, when we take who evers 25-30m for Milner, what is the betting Martin Oneil spends it on people like Cole, Zamora, or Bullard

Some very very big decisions needed at Villa park within the next month or two, or I for one can see a lot of very disgruntled people come the new season.

I know what you are saying BUT, the way i think MON would see it is that if he says milner is worth 40-50 mill which is as MON would put it an 'inflated figure' and not what he is actually worth then any player we go in for after that are going to put an inflated price up. MON is dead against these inflated prices so is trying to put a price up that he believes milner is worth!

me personally 30mill and Ireland then milner can go and rot!

That really isnt a realistic prospect.

I like James Milner as a player but considering that Manchester City are valuing Stephen Ireland at around the £12 Million mark I'd be more than surprised if they got this kind of deal

" I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter. " Winston Churchill.

Archived