FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Stephen Ireland signs for Villa

lukedaw

Completely agree with you Dublin, i dont like Jimmy,s quote "Do i expect to be at Villa next season? i dont know" a confirmatory statement would have been nice----reckon the writing is on the wall,i,ll be very peeved if J.M.leaves and sure wouldnt accept below £40mill, as this boy is gonna be a future 3 Lions captain, consequently i imagine NRC will now be staying.

money is ruining our great game------

a word of caution Jimmy lad----the grass aint always greener,

Maybe its not Man City he wants, he could be after a move to Man Utd who have already seemed interested. his statement comes across to me as he his keeping his opions open and to be honest if he does leave us I would rather him go to utd then atleast you know he aint going for the money but to actually try and win something.

If man utd want him £40mill if city wants him £60mill :P

newgabby.jpg
duck.gif
  • Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe its not Man City he wants, he could be after a move to Man Utd who have already seemed interested. his statement comes across to me as he his keeping his opions open and

I do believe you have hit the nail bang on its head there Fatboy----

i remember looking at Jimmy after The Boyz conceded that winning Blackburn goal in the last game, he was really fuming and blew his top at Carlos, Dunne &Friedal--i thought then this boy wont be here next season----i can imagine

he was thinking "ive ran my b**** off yet again and we let a goal like that in in the last 10 mins" he sure werent happy and might also have thought" ive got to get away i,ll never win anything here"-----Man Ure or Chelski or even abroad depending on his w.c. performance,could well be where he plies his trade next season!!!!

2uhvolf.jpg

passionate_freddy.png

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Manchester-City-target-James-Milner-demands-crunch-Aston-Villa-talks-BEFORE-World-Cup-Exclusive-article432483.html

Could this be a summer of discontent!

In Jm's interview on the Tv, Milner quoted as 'I've enjoyed my time at Villa' - past tense !!!

He also had the chance to tell everyone he will be at the villa next year but chose not t

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Manchester-City-target-James-Milner-demands-crunch-Aston-Villa-talks-BEFORE-World-Cup-Exclusive-article432483.html

Could this be a summer of discontent!

In Jm's interview on the Tv, Milner quoted as 'I've enjoyed my time at Villa' - past tense !!!

He also had the chance to tell everyone he will be at the villa next year but chose not t

Him having the chance to say he "would" be at Villa next season doesn't mean he thought of saying that. Plus with the past tense thing, it could have easily become "I've enjoyed my time at Villa and I want to continue doing that for the next few years". It may sound different to what people expect but that doesn't mean he's ready to up and leave

// AVillaFan 2009/10 FA Cup Winner

// AVillaFan 2010 Community Shield Winner

// AVillaFan 2010 World Cup 3rd Place Winner

cyhsxhp9k772s84ge2s.png

Charityshield.png

I find it a great shame that we are even talking about Millner. It shows just how low football as a game/business has become.

Things are out of hand with football and many blame the clubs, I for one prefer to point the finger of blame at the two biggest monstrocities to have afflicted the what was once the beautiful national game.

Sky and Agents!

Football ceased to be a sport in the way back days of 1992/93, when Rupert the bear Murdoch opened his overly stuffed wallet and invited the clubs to eat at his table. Since this time, the Sky 4 have got bigger while the smaller clubs have got smaller, with our club Villa been stuck somewhere in between!

If you haven't been succesfull over the last 15 or so years, or got an owner who has mega billions then winning anything in the Prem is like wining the lottery.

Things need changing, every club in the Prem should have a transfer cap placed on them, say a maximum of 40/50 mill been allowed to be spent in each transfer window. If things carry on the way that they are procceding, it won't be long before there is just a Premiership, the top half and Leaugue 2 the bottomn half, and every other leaugue inbetween in the Uk will indeed dissapear.

The time change is now and the FA and PFA need to wake up and realise this before its to late.

rant Over

I find it a great shame that we are even talking about Millner. It shows just how low football as a game/business has become.

Things are out of hand with football and many blame the clubs, I for one prefer to point the finger of blame at the two biggest monstrocities to have afflicted the what was once the beautiful national game.

Sky and Agents!

Football ceased to be a sport in the way back days of 1992/93, when Rupert the bear Murdoch opened his overly stuffed wallet and invited the clubs to eat at his table. Since this time, the Sky 4 have got bigger while the smaller clubs have got smaller, with our club Villa been stuck somewhere in between!

If you haven't been succesfull over the last 15 or so years, or got an owner who has mega billions then winning anything in the Prem is like wining the lottery.

Things need changing, every club in the Prem should have a transfer cap placed on them, say a maximum of 40/50 mill been allowed to be spent in each transfer window. If things carry on the way that they are procceding, it won't be long before there is just a Premiership, the top half and Leaugue 2 the bottomn half, and every other leaugue inbetween in the Uk will indeed dissapear.

The time change is now and the FA and PFA need to wake up and realise this before its to late.

rant Over

You read my mind with this post. I logged in this morning simply to say that this type of thing is basically unheard of in American sports. The various leagues have salary and contract restrictions in place. My favorite is especially the NBA National Basketball League because it has a HARD salary cap. They also have, which I think is invaluable, a NO TAMPERING rule. Coaches and organizations can not even discuss another teams player if that player is under contract with another team. At the end of a season If a player is out of contract they are called a "free-agent" which means they are free to negotiate with whom ever they want. A player under contract, if he's unhappy with his current team, can ask management to trade him and the management can honor that trade request of not. If the player is traded he must be traded for equal contractual value to the new team and he can not sign a NEW contract once he lands with the new team - his contract (the one he carries with him from his old team) remains in effect until the contract ends even on the new team. So if a player has a $15,000,000 contract then when that player is traded the trading team must receive $15,000,000 of contracted players in return. The other thing I like about the NBA( that would be economically beneficial to the smaller Premier League teams too) is that if an NBA team chooses to exceed the hard salary cap (so if a katrillionaire buys a team and wants to sign all mega stars (if they are free agents) and have a wage bill exceeding the cap then that team/owner must pay a dollar for dollar tax for every dollar over the cap he spends and that tax is paid equally to all the other clubs in the league! So the smaller clubs actually get paid when a big fat pork barrel owner decides to exceed the cap. Sorry for the rant but this idea that some fat money foreigner can buy a team then offer ridiculous bids for the best players in the damn league and basically raid like a pirate and buy up other teams players even if they are under contract is bloody AWFUL!!!! Then people wonder why fans feel no loyalty to fave players because they know when a "better" offer comes the player can simply leave. WTF is that?

"You've got to be comfortable in your own skin as a club," he says. "You know, I think back to the final in February. Manchester United are a huge club, a one-off, for all sorts of historical reasons. But I wasn't sitting at Wembley, looking at United and thinking: 'I wish we were them.' I'd rather celebrate the things we've got that they don't. I looked along at our end of Wembley and it was rammed: scarves, banners, non-stop singing, absolutely behind the team. And this wasn't a little club out on a jolly. It was 10 years since we'd been there and it felt like our supporters were dusting themselves down and saying: 'Yes. That's us. We're the Villa.'" ~ Randy Lerner

You read my mind with this post. I logged in this morning simply to say that this type of thing is basically unheard of in American sports. The various leagues have salary and contract restrictions in place. My favorite is especially the NBA National Basketball League because it has a HARD salary cap. They also have, which I think is invaluable, a NO TAMPERING rule. Coaches and organizations can not even discuss another teams player if that player is under contract with another team. At the end of a season If a player is out of contract they are called a "free-agent" which means they are free to negotiate with whom ever they want. A player under contract, if he's unhappy with his current team, can ask management to trade him and the management can honor that trade request of not. If the player is traded he must be traded for equal contractual value to the new team and he can not sign a NEW contract once he lands with the new team - his contract (the one he carries with him from his old team) remains in effect until the contract ends even on the new team. So if a player has a $15,000,000 contract then when that player is traded the trading team must receive $15,000,000 of contracted players in return. The other thing I like about the NBA( that would be economically beneficial to the smaller Premier League teams too) is that if an NBA team chooses to exceed the hard salary cap (so if a katrillionaire buys a team and wants to sign all mega stars (if they are free agents) and have a wage bill exceeding the cap then that team/owner must pay a dollar for dollar tax for every dollar over the cap he spends and that tax is paid equally to all the other clubs in the league! So the smaller clubs actually get paid when a big fat pork barrel owner decides to exceed the cap. Sorry for the rant but this idea that some fat money foreigner can buy a team then offer ridiculous bids for the best players in the damn league and basically raid like a pirate and buy up other teams players even if they are under contract is bloody AWFUL!!!! Then people wonder why fans feel no loyalty to fave players because they know when a "better" offer comes the player can simply leave. WTF is that?

I was coming to post something imilar too as I was reading the posts here. If im not mistaken the only sport here in North America without a salary cap is the MLB? Other than that all the major sports have one im pretty sure and it keeps things in check in. The only thing here is you see contracts of 10+ years signed so players can get sh*t tons of money. I am surprised they havent put a cap over in England but I guess you cant change a system now could you? Just like how we cant change our sports to no commericals cuase its just to imbedded in the game.

tumblr_lpax8yxyfy1qip14mo1_500.gif

meetmember.png          member.png

CaliforniaVillain / Peever

Exactly what I am saying, if a salary cap wasn't in place in the States, could you begin to imagine what some of those players would change hands for over there.

The problem in the Uk, is the Agents do want a cap, as they are earning money for nothing. The players themselves don't want it because they have got used to the greed.

The FA don't want it as there is a lot of back handed dealing going on there so to speak.

So all in all, like every buisness, if things are not kept under control, inevitably more clubs will go out of buisness, not just the lower leaugues, but in the Prem as well.

I was coming to post something imilar too as I was reading the posts here. If im not mistaken the only sport here in North America without a salary cap is the MLB? Other than that all the major sports have one im pretty sure and it keeps things in check in. The only thing here is you see contracts of 10+ years signed so players can get sh*t tons of money. I am surprised they havent put a cap over in England but I guess you cant change a system now could you? Just like how we cant change our sports to no commericals cuase its just to imbedded in the game.

You're right about baseball (and why the NY Yankees win the championship every other year) but even with no cap you can't just raid another team and steal their players by offering them bus loads of money if they are already under contract some where else!

"You've got to be comfortable in your own skin as a club," he says. "You know, I think back to the final in February. Manchester United are a huge club, a one-off, for all sorts of historical reasons. But I wasn't sitting at Wembley, looking at United and thinking: 'I wish we were them.' I'd rather celebrate the things we've got that they don't. I looked along at our end of Wembley and it was rammed: scarves, banners, non-stop singing, absolutely behind the team. And this wasn't a little club out on a jolly. It was 10 years since we'd been there and it felt like our supporters were dusting themselves down and saying: 'Yes. That's us. We're the Villa.'" ~ Randy Lerner

CaliforniaVillain / Peever

Exactly what I am saying, if a salary cap wasn't in place in the States, could you begin to imagine what some of those players would change hands for over there.

The problem in the Uk, is the Agents do want a cap, as they are earning money for nothing. The players themselves don't want it because they have got used to the greed.

The FA don't want it as there is a lot of back handed dealing going on there so to speak.

So all in all, like every buisness, if things are not kept under control, inevitably more clubs will go out of buisness, not just the lower leaugues, but in the Prem as well.

A cap is really the fundemental basis of keeping leagues economically stable and competive and good entertainment for all fans not just those fans of the CL teams. The main things I like about the NBA set up is that your contract follows you until the date the contract expires. It's binding even if you get traded to another club. And after the contract expires and the player becomes a free agent the player's current team can offer the player more money and years as incentive to remain with that club rather than jumping to a new one. So if a player really wants out of a club because it's a loser go no where club he can leave and get an excellent new contract with a new club but it won't be the maximum amount because only his current club can offer him a little bigger % of salary and an additional year on the contract term.

I hate what is happening with this Man City scenario the last two years. It's awful for the league as a whole in my opinion. Players of course are going to gravitate toward winning franchises/clubs so I understand that, all competive pro athletes want to win, but this idea that big money can buy a team and then systametically raid other teams for their players is just horrible.

Oh well, I love Milner and would want him to stay but if he leaves Villa for Man City he is doing it purely for the money because Man City will have the same schedule as Villa for next year. They are NOT in the CL and were a mere 3 pts better than Villa. So I'll hate Milner for ever if he leaves for that particular club. Leaving for Chelsea, Man U, the Spurs Arsenal, Barcelona Inter Milan...yeah okay. Man City? HELL no....

Archived