FORUM IS CURRENTLY BEING UPGRADED, PLEASE BEAR WITH US. ×

Stephen Ireland signs for Villa

lukedaw

wow, so it's done then. About time too, welcome ireland, hope he has his heart in it. so how much was it exactly we got? either way even £16m is a lot for milner

3188055002_02c9077637holte.jpg

Aston Villa Football Club EST. 1874

The Bells Are Ringing

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure, but I heard it was 16m + 2m addons I supposed with it being undisclosed we can only guess!

Will Ireland have Milners number 8 ?

990x360_exact-contentpage_990x36010.jpg

King_Crutchlow.png

The deal was for £30 million a few weeks back, from the talk ..

Either we got £24 million cash, Ireland rated at 6 million to make it = £30 million deal ..

OR

We got £16 million cash, Ireland rated at £8 million to make it = £24 million deal ..

- Villa Park -

35ix02c.png

PS3 - iKdj

From what i can gather the deal was £16million + Ireland with £2million if/when Man City will the EPL.

Mellberg_Signature.png

"Winning isn't everything, but it beats anything that comes in second." - Paul Bryant

IRELAND WILL WEAR THE NUMBER 8 SHIRT.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aston_villa

No. Position Player

1 GK Brad Friedel

2 DF Luke Young

3 DF Stephen Warnock

4 MF Steve Sidwell

5 DF Richard Dunne

6 MF Stewart Downing

7 FW Ashley Young

8 MF Stephen Ireland

10 FW John Carew

11 FW Gabriel Agbonlahor

12 MF Marc Albrighton

14 FW Nathan Delfouneso

15 DF Curtis Davies

16 MF Fabian Delph

17 MF Moustapha Salifou

18 FW Emile Heskey

- Villa Park -

35ix02c.png

PS3 - iKdj

you use wikipedia for a source <_< anyway if shirt sales were earlier then there would have been some unhappy fans. Bringing what i said earlier up, they have bought no. 8 milner shirts that are now irrelevant because it might be ireland that's number 8 THAT'S why i don't get player names :thumbsup: lol

3188055002_02c9077637holte.jpg

Aston Villa Football Club EST. 1874

The Bells Are Ringing

I too am glad this saga is over.

Overall I think we got a fantastic deal. Milner is not worth 24 million and I really think if Ireland can get back to top form he will be better for us than Milner was.

Lets hope we can get a striker in now before the window closes, though I'm not confident.

bestmember.gif

EuropaLeague.png

Very good player. Ireland and Gabby are gonna go well together with Irelands vision and brilliant balls into the forwards and Gabbys speed on the end of them it could be a very excitin. I think he can be a very important player for the villa and i think you can garuntee Gabbys gonna score more with him around. Not only that he looks like a good player to have in and around the box so roll on sunday, bring on Newcastle. UTV SOTC

Archived